• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Fuck which ever arsehole decided to allow people to raid and steal your single-player acquired resources, even when you're offline.

More importantly, fucking them doubly for forcing you to build an FOB base, I literally couldn't leave or continue from the FOB screen until I built one. What a joke. Had an A+ solider and 4 B grade soldiers get stolen.

Meh, that's not a big deal. Go out and fulton some replacements, wont take long. Once you get deep into the game every crappy outpost has top-notch fools to kidnap.

Direct contract your elites/key personnel if you don't want to lose 'em.

Blader

Copy the save to the other account and ignore the fact it locks you out of trophies in GZ on that save since it's irrelevant at the moment?

Oh good idea! Hadn't even occurred to me to just sign into my other account on the PS3, and do the upload from there. Thanks!

Well, that didn't work. :lol The game detected the data was coped over from another user and would only let me proceed further if it could overwrite it.

Oh well. Guess I'll have to develop the sneaking suit on my own, though my R&D team is a long way off from hitting level 18... Shame I'll miss out on carrying over
Kojima
too, his A+ R&D stats would've been a huge help.

MegaMelon

End game spoilers.
Is there more story missions after the true ending? Mission 47 I think? The one where you play the hospital scene again and see the true ending and receive the truth tapes?

ezekial45

Banned
spoiler for quiet and the buddy system:

so I know quiet leaves you if you get her bond maxed out. Should I not max it out? There is an achievement for doing so. Am I able to go back and max it out after the game ends?
Top floor of the infirmary. Provided you've done the extraction of old mother base members side ops.

Griss

Fuck which ever arsehole decided to allow people to raid and steal your single-player acquired resources, even when you're offline.

More importantly, fucking them doubly for forcing you to build an FOB base, I literally couldn't leave or continue from the FOB screen until I built one. What a joke. Had an A+ solider and 4 B grade soldiers get stolen.

All of that is sheer bullshit, agreed. I still don't understand how FOBs and multiplayer works. It's all so vague.

Xemnas89

How long do I have to wait before I can start using
Quiet? Last time I returned to base I had a cutscene where she wanted to come but snake said he preferred to work alone.

Panda Rin

so I just finished mission 22, and..

do I have to participate in the FOBs? I don't want to be invaded, nor invade anyone else for that fact..

KarmaCow

Wait your base is susceptible to raids even when you're offline? I had the same thing, I forced to create a FOB when I went online once. That's some serious bullshit, I thought they said it was completely optional.

RDreamer

Is there a good way to get materials? My base is packed with people now and I have to dismiss people to get anyone else in. Can't expand because I don't have enough material.

How long do I have to wait before I can start using
Quiet? Last time I returned to base I had a cutscene where she wanted to come but snake said he preferred to work alone.

I think around mission 13

Carbonox

Can't you just make sure none of your legit soldiers are in the Security team? Or does that not matter? Completely fucked up system otherwise.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Since my bond was Quiet was high, you get another cutscene with an added hint.
Basically, she attacks a soldier at mother base and tries to stick a knife into his throat. Later, when the virus hits, Ocelot suggests that maybe she was trying to give us a hint, and the cause is in the mouth.

I also got lucky and one of the first people quarantined only spoke two languages, Kikongo and Afrikaans.

Kaz says 'there has to be something they all have in common'.

So I went to the Staff Management screen > Quarantined Staff. I looked at every detail of each of them. Their name. Their ability. Their skills.

Eventually it came to the Language thing. Considering what Skullface says throughout and the tone of the trailers/themes of the game, I reckoned that was definitely it. I looked through the Quarantined bad guys - and sure enough, the only thing they all had in common was Kikongo. Lateral thinking, bro!

Then when you pick up Codetalker he explains that the virus is tuned to one language. And Kaz says bluntly 'Skullface wants to erase all languages except English!'

Well it wasn't too hard to look at the quarantine list and see that Kikongo was the common link between all the infected. It took me like 2 minutes to realize.

I was glad that I figured that out on my own.
Language
was the only thing you could compare across all soldiers so I knew that had to be it. All 8 of my
quarantined soldiers spoke English, Russian and Kikongo. I reckoned that since Snake and Ocelot both speak English and Russian and they'd have to be fine for story purposes then it must be Kikongo. Got it before it spread at all, which was great.

well at that time I figured already language is spreading the disease, the game hints heavily at that (beginning at the mission were you fight the burning man later). If the soldier can't talk, because his tongue got cut out, he can't spread the disease, that's what quiet was trying to do. The only language all soldiers had in common was Kikongo, so I figured that had to be it.

I guess it wasn't that apparently obvious to me because
I didn't go through the five because Kaz and Ocelot were all "IDK," so I just powered through the missions
. Speaking of, at the end of that crisis:
67-200 men of 574 (or 700, forgetting) perished
. I said damn.

October I believe.

October for Consoles, PC is next year/January 2015. Why the delay? IDFK.

Don't build the FOB.

That's easy to say, but you're FORCED to if you login to Konami's servers and the game AUTO-LOGINs on bootup.

"Totally optional," my fucking ass Konami.

Speaking of the first spoiler bit:

wIpZ6HD.jpg

oOBZlit.jpg

XG2bMbl.jpg

IwKuzxt.jpg

7QEqsdX.jpg

Kaz, I'm already a blood-soaked sausage.

(Not really a spoiler but spoil tagging for later mission)

Probably the most bloody I've gotten in the game. What's hilarious is
rain kicked in while Kaz and Big Boss were talking from Quarantine to the helicopter. Thereby washing off all the blood from that mission.
I know Kojima said all that was real time but it impressed me all the same.

Foffy

Banned
How do you recede the horn growth system? From what I get, it grows by you killing people, and the game has a lot of missions that infer killing. I wonder how one can negate it.

Just noticed BB was getting a horn instead of mere shrapnel, so now I feel guilty for eliminating people in elimination missions.

Meier

How do you build more FOBs so you can do more combat deployments? Also, I noticed when I put my PS4 in rest mode that the missions didn't progress any. Do they if you turn the system off? Usually these types of mini game things don't require you to be actively playing..

Also, do the medals of valor do anything?

I'm so pissed, I just lost a soldier who's ability rating were A - A+ on a combat mission. What dumb luck. I think he was a prisoner from GZ to.

Henkka

Banned
Mission 29 is pure trash. Every time this game forces you into combat or a scripted chase, it's bad news.

I died 3-4 times in succession without making past 2 minutes, lol. I enjoyed the battle once it clicked for me, though. Used a grenade launcher and machine gun with Quiet. You can run away from the
Skulls
pretty easily.

Ludens

Banned
Is there a way to force leaderboards to update? Because I'm 99% of the time offline due to crappy Konami's servers, I have some missions registered, others are not, how can I fix this?

Can we shut down an FOB?, I don't want to be invaded and lose my guys if I'm not playing the game for awhile

I don't think we can but the only men you can loose are the security member right ? So why not empty the security unit ?
I don't know if it works like that though.

After subduing a wandering MB soldier, has anyone tried placing them in the view of enemy soldiers? Do they try and wake him up or kill him or what?

Soulflarz

Banned
Well, that didn't work. :lol The game detected the data was coped over from another user and would only let me proceed further if it could overwrite it.

Oh well. Guess I'll have to develop the sneaking suit on my own, though my R&D team is a long way off from hitting level 18... Shame I'll miss out on carrying over
Kojima
too, his A+ R&D stats would've been a huge help.

I forget if I theres a way to trick it into thinking it's yours via save editing >_>

Ambitious

Question about D-Dog:

I found him in one of the side-ops. The first one, I believe. That's not the location they encountered him in the gameplay demo back then. Did they simply change the location or is it somehow random (i.e. one of several predefined spots where he could appear is chosen randomly)?

In any case, I was disappointed by how that event played out. I was hoping to bump into him by chance some point, but what actually happened was that I jumped out of the chopper and Miller immediately was like "Hey, there's a little pup!" before I even noticed him.

TheSeks

I don't think we can but the only men you can loose are the security member right ? So why not empty the security unit ?
I don't know if it works like that though.

Nope, it's security and the platform/department they invaded. So if they invade R&D: Some R&D members will be stolen if they're successful.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lmao I'm just waiting here for new equipment to develop so I can take it into mission 29.

Fardeen

So, without any spoilers, can anyone explain me what the hell is going with the end? Some say the game its unfinished ?? I read that mission 51 its not finished in the colectors edition of the game? Should i be worried?

some says this mission resolves unfinished plot of the game and was supposed to be in the game but was cut because of not enough development part. from what i read the mission is only 30 % complete so they showed it on the video. also i read that people on reddit are petitioning that this mission is added into the game. haven't completed the game but i do hope its added sometime. since its the final kojima game, people are pissed

TheSeks

How do you construct FOB's, anyway? I haven't seen any notification about building them.

Have you done Mission 22?

If yes: Are you online/Konami's shitty servers letting you connect?

If yes: Do the tutorial.

If no: Do the tutorial if it pops up.

Blader

some says this mission resolves unfinished plot of the game and was supposed to be in the game but was cut because of not enough development part. from what i read the mission is only 30 % complete so they showed it on the video. also i read that people on reddit are petitioning that this mission is added into the game. haven't completed the game but i do hope its added sometime. since its the final kojima game, people are pissed

Konami shipped the game without actually finishing the last mission? lmao, what

can anyone help me understand how a certain aspect of quiet and the buddy system unfolds without spoiling more:

by maxing out her rank, then putting the butterfly emblem on. Am I missing story elements and missions? I read that this essentially "locks" the story, but I am not sure what that means

dont really want to proceed more until I know for sure

Frillen

Spoilers post mission 29.
Why are people back to being just A soldiers? Pre parasite most of the people were either A+ or A++.

Euphor!a

Banned
Ok seriously, how do I start getting S rank recruits in the field? My Heroism is ~500k at this point and around 64% completion and if I am super super lucky I'll see someone with A++ and a majority of the time it is just a boaster. What is the deal with S rank and higher recruits in the field?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Post Mission 25 question (huge spoilers ahead):

My staff are dying at a pretty alarming rate thanks to the whole Pontypool-esque plot development of language as the weapon. I'm not a huge fan of having to lose progress & equipment in games, even for plot reasons, so this section is one I'd really like to get over with ASAP. I can't really identify the exact language as every one of the staff members in the initial quarantine spoke at least English, Russian & Kikongo, so I threw about 40 soldiers with those three languages in common into the hold. How many more do I have to throw in, or will there be a specific story mission I have to complete first before they finally identify it's a language that's the problem?

Thanks <3

Top Bottom