• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

J-Skee

So I just got finished Mission 24 & got a report from Ocelot in regards to
Eli, & that he may be part of the Les Enfants Terribles project. He was to run DNA tests, but the age matches. Holy shit. I knew there was speculation, but I didn't think they go all the way with that.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Y3vACLE.gif

it never gets old

Ha, that's awesome.

This game has such fantastic animations.

Disgraced

To anyone who has trouble with Quiet
boss fight (to recruit her)
(early spoiler, Mission 11)

You can easily
beat her with supply drops, lol. One supply drop = - 50% health. And she is stunned after that, not dead.
≥ Mission 11 & MGS3 spoilers:
I did this on my first go and got an S rank, but I played it again and it's so much more fun to fight her mano a mano. Awesome boss fight. Up there with my favorites in the series now. I'm dumbfounded at folks saying boss battles were omitted from this game. Pfft! I've fought two so far! They even have health bars above their heads, dude! Obviously anyone saying boss fights were omitted used the Honey Bee, a supply drop, and et cetera to cheese the bosses. Which is basically the equivalent of changing your console's time to beat The End. But that means that more than one boss in this game has an End-like cop out to win! Which is even awesomer! I love this game.

Hasney

I just sent a unit on a online combat mission (e grade) that apparently takes 12 fucking hours unless I spend 100 coins I don't even know where to get. Gonna nope out of the online portion of the game I am afraid.

The online ones are real time rather than game time. They're good to put on overnight like I've put a few on now as I'm about to see then work in the morning.

Welp, doing every objective on Extreme Backup, Back Down was super long and I captured everything (which sent me in the red) but that felt very rewarding.
I now have my own soviet mechanized unit lol.

Haha, I did the same thing. I found a spot right by the base that all of them had to go to and just used a decoy. It's funny how easy it was.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
YAY!
Chapter 1 completed
Based GEAR V!

Does anyone know how I can get the dog if I missed him the first time? I saw him around mission 4 or 5 I believe but I was about to jump on my chopper and never picked him up. Now I'm on mission 12 and I have yet to see him again.

I went back to mission 5 but I didn't see him there. Might try mission 4 again to see if I can spot him again.

Hasney

Yeah you get diamond GMP automatically. Look in the bottom right when the game saves next, you'll see it get added.

J-Skee

The guy is spreading misinformation. He is talking about Precious Metals which is a resource. Don't sell them!

You get GMP from diamonds as soon as the get back to base.

Okay, good. Trust me, the Previous Metals are the last thing I want to sell. There are so few of them.

Spinluck

I'm on Episode 2, Mission 35. The gameplay still remains top notch and I find new ways to tackle objectives pretty much every few missions. Then again, I never particularly cared for the MGS story outside of 3's (and even then, only to the degree that it was contained to MGS3 itself, not to the overarching plot about the Patriots or what have you).

So the game's only really gotten better for me. It's probably a minority view actually but I'm extremely glad that the vast majority of this game was pure gameplay.

It'll be my GOTY easily at this rate.

Lol, people think it's bad that it's mostly gameplay?

hank_tree

Very late game spoilers.

Anyone know the exact requirements to unlock mission 46? I've done all the yellow missions and side ops available. I've finished Quiets storyline, Elis storyline and dealt with the outbreak at mother base. Since then I've done like 20 side ops and don't seem to have made any progress in unlocking it. Am I missing something?

Beat Quiet one on one with the 1* sniper rifle. Took a while but way more rewarding than using the box drop trick. Felt like a proper top class face off, especially as it started in the day and finished in the early hours.

Reedirect

Mission 31.
Maybe my favorite Metal Gear fight in the series. Didn't expect this at all since all the previous boss fights in 5 were mostly shitty.

Ralemont

not me
I really can't stop playing. The game has assumed direct control. Everything I do is fun. Even the fucking D-Walker is fun and I was sure I'd skip using it entirely.

1Pcrwe9.gif

Kamina777

Banned
Beat Quiet one on one with the 1* sniper rifle. Took a while but way more rewarding than using the box drop trick. Felt like a proper top class face off, especially as it started in the day and finished in the early hours.
Glad I used the box trick, the mission was done with before my eggs cooled, and it's now a part of my arsenal for getting rid of enemies with eagle eyes who decide not to move.

Since we're on the topic of selling. If you sell any of the weapons such as mortars does that remove the ones that are placed around your MB?

And vehicles, can I sell those as well if I have an excess amount?

Post Mission 31 Spoilers
Do I NEED to do the harder difficulty missions? Or can I just make the story progress via doing side ops. I really don't want to replay missions. I just want to do side ops and progress the story.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Post Mission 31 Spoilers
Do I NEED to do the harder difficulty missions? Or can I just make the story progress via doing side ops. I really don't want to replay missions. I just want to do side ops and progress the story.

you can do side ops

Same, and I still got an S rank, which was very satisfying. I'll always love pure sniper battles.

robotrock

Banned
Post Mission 31 Spoilers

I need this answered as well. Right now the only story mission I have unlocked that I haven't done is Episode 42 (it's a replay mission), and all of my unlocked "Important Side Ops" are completed. Do I progress the story with other random side ops like blue prints stuff?

I probably asked this yesterday too but it's really killing me

Top Bottom