• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

SilentRob

So, are there any other rooms like the one on the
medical platform
I should look out for on Mother Base? I know about that one and the
Battle Gear Hangar (not that secret)
one. Anything else? If you know, please try to tell me without spoiling what happens ;) For context: Storywise, I'm at
the very beginning of Chapter 2, just got the AI pod.

Disgraced

Hey. So...
  • Are there any story bits that can be missed by breaking sequence and playing missions out of order? For example, say I do mission 10 before mission 9, was there a cutscene that's scripted to occur between those sequentially that is skipped if you do them in reverse? Or does everything important happen at some point regardless? And in this case I am actually specifically referring to missions 9 & 10.
  • I've heard whispers of a PT easter egg. There's a couple zones on the map where I've heard what sounds exactly like the squealing noise from PT. Without giving away how exactly I get the easter egg—are my ears deceiving me or are these things related? Yea or nay.
Also, that's a beautiful OP!
I actually like this one better than Dawg's... ;) Sorry. Don't get me wrong, that was also a slick OP, and it was more intricate, but this one's text size is far more mobile and TV-friendly.

Hypron

Hmm I had a look at the trophy statistics last night and I was quite surprised. Some of them still haven't been obtained by anyone.

That's a bit worrying actually, just how long does it take to get them all? I'm sure somewhere someone's been playing the game 16 hours a day for 2 weeks.

Chariot

Hmm I had a look at the trophy statistics last night and I was quite surprised. Some of them still haven't been obtained by anyone.

That's a bit worrying actually, just how long does it take to get them all? I'm sure somewhere someone's been playing the game 16 hours a day for 2 weeks.
Trouble is the development time for stuff. Like a nuke needs more than a day to be build. To that comes ressource grinding. I can't even begin a lot of things because I don't have the ressources to do so. So some achievements are artifically held back since the timer means that you can't obtain them without a lot of time.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
But what about getting the post mission 31 spoiler.
body of the man of fire ?

max. Social Link I believe

Just that? I thought you needed to be dirty or something. Thanks BTW, wanna see how offensive Kojima went.

DasFool

Ōkami;177879221 said:
Hate subsistence, just hate it.

Really? I think it's cool how it forces you to adapt and think outside the box to beat the mission. For instance,
in the Mountain Relay Base, I didn't realize you could just destroy the relay station rather than all three transmitters. It was a cool moment of discovering grenades, waiting for a good time, tossing them in, and hightailing it out.
Also forced me to actually think about my approach and be cautious.

It was more interesting than my usual method of tranquilize everyone then run in with no worry.

To anyone who has trouble with Quiet
boss fight (to recruit her)
(early spoiler, Mission 11)

You can easily
beat her with supply drops, lol. One supply drop = - 50% health. And she is stunned after that, not dead.

Blader

Man!!! Mission 12 was crazy good!

I'm on this one now and it's a lot of fun, but I have absolutely no clue
how to get into the hangar with Huey! I've died three times on three runs to and around the base, in both stealth and guns blazing, and all of the doors are completely locked. How do I get in there!

The quirks of non-predefined mission conditions:
(Mission 11)
I didn't know I actually was supposed to fight the sniper, so I sneaked around a bit when suddenly a sandstorm approached that allowed me to just ran passed the whole area. Miller gave some comments about how I should just go on so I didn't think much of it.
But then I got -50 heroism penalty and realized I messed something up. Looked up online and that's the recruitment for Quiet... oh... OH!
Panicked because when I restarted the side OP she wasn't there anymore. Then I found out I had to start Mission 11 (marked as unfinished) instead.

Temporally boosted my medical rank to develop the tranquilizer sniper and did a sniper shootout with her, resulting in an S rank and Quiet who is currently listening to Spin Me Round in her cell :D

It is insane how often a side ops I've finished gets remarked as undone. The checkmark is even still there! Literally everytime I start the game, this happens.

Sushigod7

Don't forget to sell your diamonds btw. You don't get the GMP when you pick them up, you have to sell them under Resources. Just keep a few of them, not many weapons need diamonds for development.

I'm looking at resources I don't see any diamonds all the finished products are listed you can sell the containers are unfinished and the plants etc are there.

It is insane how often a side ops I've finished gets remarked as undone. The checkmark is even still there! Literally everytime I start the game, this happens.

Yeah I noticed this I assume it keeps happening. More people to extract etc.

Ruff

how to get into the hangar with Huey! I've died three times on three runs to and around the base, in both stealth and guns blazing, and all of the doors are completely locked. How do I get in there!

There's a "front door" with 2 guards next to it. That's the only one that opens.

I know your pain since I got on alert and went prone next to the door at the back 3 seperate times for like 10 minutes each wondering when the fuck the door was going to turn back blue.

KORNdoggy

There are no diamonds to sell. Just precious metals (diamond icon) and those are used for some of the high end later game stuff, and you need a fair bit of it so don't sell it.

Jumping in with a real quick question. Quiet. Already past the initial encounter. Am I correct in assuming that I just have to wait a few missions before I can select her as a buddy? I've had a couple cutscenes with her so far.

Edit: Also, general question. Is there a lot of hidden stuff in the game like the Medical Platform you-know-what? Kind of hoping there's a lot of stuff like that to find.

Ōkami

Really? I think it's cool how it forces you to adapt and think outside the box to beat the mission. For instance,
in the Mountain Relay Base, I didn't realize you could just destroy the relay station rather than all three transmitters. It was a cool moment of discovering grenades, waiting for a good time, tossing them in, and hightailing it out.
Also forced me to actually think about my approach and be cautious.

It was more interesting than my usual method of tranquilize everyone then run in with no worry.
That's the easy subsistance mission.

right side of the hangar. Has 2 dudes in front of it

daveo42

Banned
I'm looking at resources I don't see any diamonds all the finished products are listed you can sell the containers are unfinished and the plants etc are there.

Yeah I noticed this I assume it keeps happening. More people to extract etc.

They are the precious metals, designed to sell off unless they have a use later on. I haven't found one up to mission 20.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Don't forget to sell your diamonds btw. You don't get the GMP when you pick them up, you have to sell them under Resources. Just keep a few of them, not many weapons need diamonds for development.
This is wrong. You are talking about precious metals. Not the diamonds from the ground.

Don't sell people, they are used for upgrades.

Animator

I just sent a unit on a online combat mission (e grade) that apparently takes 12 fucking hours unless I spend 100 coins I don't even know where to get. Gonna nope out of the online portion of the game I am afraid.

Ruff

Jumping in with a real quick question. Quiet. Already past the initial encounter. Am I correct in assuming that I just have to wait a few missions before I can select her as a buddy? I've had a couple cutscenes with her so far.

Yes, the game will let you know when she's available. Don't worry.

shiba5

Can't get in if the base is on alert. I got lucky and got a sandstorm, ran through the entire base and through the door. No one saw me. LOL

Ralemont

not me
Y3vACLE.gif

it never gets old

leehom

On mission 10, how do I listen to the last conversation between the transport truck driver and Malak?

I've sneaked up to them before they drive off in the ruins and when they're in the other base. Both times, I didn't get the ding showing I completed the mission objective and I've listened to them finish talking at both places multiple times. Do they stop at the little station in the middle?

Anyone know?

Hypron

Trouble is the development time for stuff. Like a nuke needs more than a day to be build. To that comes ressource grinding. I can't even begin a lot of things because I don't have the ressources to do so. So some achievements are artifically held back since the timer means that you can't obtain them without a lot of time.

Oh I see. Does the nuke take more than 24 hours of in-game time or real life time? The former would be crazy :eek:

KorrZ

I can't stop using Quiet on missions. She's way too good. I think my bond level with DD and D-Horse are starting to go down because I haven't used them since I got Quiet lol.

I have her rocking the silenced tranq sniper so I take her out freeroaming and she just puts everyone to sleep as I run around and scan for the A-level or higher soldiers to fulton and then kill the rest.

Combat deployment stuff is neat for getting resources.
Right from the start after some E or D missions they come back with 2000-5000 fuel units which helps a lot for developing the base early on instead of hunting down 100 units fuel containers in some outpost.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Regarding "The white mamba"

I got a call from Miller telling me to go back to motherbase to teach Eli a lesson, but nothing triggers when I return. Where exactly in Motherbase am I supposed to go?

EDIT: NM, it's on the bloody map.

Top Bottom