• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
I just finished missions 25 and 26 and
the plague has hit my base, soldiers are getting shunted into quarantine on the regular, etc. etc.

Is this something I need to worry about with any urgency? Seems like the longer I play the more pop-ups I'm getting about dudes getting moved into quarantine 30 and 40 at a time. They said something about me going in and moving anyone who seems like they might be infected to quarantine manually, but I have no idea how I'd be able to tell. Just got the mission to go meet with my intel operative who supposedly has a lead on this stuff, so should I just keep doing story missions till this resolves itself? Will I screw my base over if I do any side ops or free roam or otherwise waste time before then?

SilentRob

Soooooooo...I just walked through that door in medical bay.

I have
SO MANY QUESTIONS

Seriously.
What? Huh? How? What is even happening?

Don't answer any of those questions, of course. Still though.
Wat

Everyone is wearing a helmets now. Sorry but I have to kill you all if you don't let yourself tranquilize easy by me.

Stun guns are your best friend.
the plague has hit my base, soldiers are getting shunted into quarantine on the regular, etc. etc.

Is this something I need to worry about with any urgency? Seems like the longer I play the more pop-ups I'm getting about dudes getting moved into quarantine 30 and 40 at a time. They said something about me going in and moving anyone who seems like they might be infected to quarantine manually, but I have no idea how I'd be able to tell. Just got the mission to go meet with my intel operative who supposedly has a lead on this stuff, so should I just keep doing story missions till this resolves itself? Will I screw my base over if I do any side ops or free roam or otherwise waste time before then?

Check all your infected soldiers' attributes, pre-quarantine everyone that speaks the same language(s) as them, then progress main story as fast as you can.

Oh man the enemy has started used them decoys, I learnt this only when I tried grabbing one of them and almost shit myself. The AI adapting to my tactics is scary, they tend to have helmets and some of them are trained to resist tranquilizer rounds. As well as other stuff.

You can still tranq them right in the fucking face if you're up for it.
Or sleep grenades, CQC, hold ups, stun grenades. Not to mention ruining their helmet supply chain with combat missions, which I would recommend as by the time I hit the thirties, I hadn't really done that and everyone had helmets, masks, shields, riot gear and shotguns. This made the above options a bit more complicated TBH.

I'm getting kinda burned out by the side-ops. They are far too similar and way too easy. They could have easily shaved off like 60 of them. Less is more.

SilentRob

There is a way for you to find the reason yourself and act accordingly. I figured it out pretty fast and managed to barely lose any men - was way too proud of myself there. It will resolve itself but you can limit the losses.

I don't understand why some of the Side-Ops are Side-Ops and some of the Episodes are Episodes.

For instance, extracing
Emmerich was a Side-Op

Ruff

Not to mention ruining their helmet supply chain with combat missions, which I would recommend as by the time I hit the thirties,

That never seemed to make a difference to me. I always had that deployment done and everyone stil had their fudging helmets.

Also, theres a deployment to lower the usage of security cameras... lol? I think I saw one camera in the entire game in
the last mission with skullface

MajorTom

mAW4Bt7.gif

KorrZ

You will continue to lose soldiers until you quarantine everyone/do enough main missions to get a cure worked out. If you don't quarantine you'll lose a lot more

How to tell:

Check your soldiers who are already quarantined. They all speak a common language

jett

D-Member
So uh can you actually use
Battle Gear
or is it just some FOB shit?

BTW anyone here been doing much FOB'ing? I've ignored it utterly since it increases being "online" increases my loading times and I really won't fucking stand for that.

Lynx_7

I don't understand why some of the Side-Ops are Side-Ops and some of the Episodes are Episodes.

For instance, extracing
Emmerich was a Side-Op

Only getting to the place he was in was a side-op, the actual mission was a main mission.

I just did that mission, btw. Favorite one so far. I'm guessing I'll
finally have access to Africa
in the next one

KorrZ

S Ranking mission 21 is impossible. In fact I already know S Ranking everything is gonna take some serious luck. Fuck.

Lol, I S-Ranked that mission on my first try.

I ran all the way a long the side of the outer walls on the airport and found a spot in the back I could climb over. I was basically right next to the command tower, walked in, tranq'd the target and the arms dealer, threw them outside and fultoned them and then ran over to a material container and fultoned myself out. In and out in 5 mins perfect stealth

Chariot

For instance, extracing
Emmerich was a Side-Op
Not really.
As soon as you arrived you got thrown into a main mission. The side mission was just a hook so you would get there and be surprised by Quiet's chapter. It was trying to surprise you with a boss fight where you didn't expect it. The actual mission is just to go there to start the Hellbound mission and be maybe surprised by the Quiet mission since it'S on the only way leading there.

Geg

So about Mission 20

I ended winning against the man of fire in a lame way because it just started raining and he disappeared. The proper way to beat him is to knock him into the pool of water, right? I was using a shotgun to stop him but I wasn't really sure how to knock him on his back consistently, I only got him to fall over twice and every other time I shot him he just got kind of stunned for a second

That never seemed to make a difference to me. I always had that deployment done and everyone stil had their fudging helmets.

Also, theres a deployment to lower the usage of security cameras... lol? I think I saw one camera in the entire game in
the last mission with skullface
Yeah, same here, that particular item has yet to trouble me.

Then again, I said the same thing about
mines
and that came back to bite me at the worst possible time.

Battle Gear
Worse: it's just for combat operations. You don't even choose to deploy it, it's for operations that explicitly require it. It's really one of these half assed things they threw in to tick a box or something.

Not really.
As soon as you arrived you got thrown into a main mission. The side mission was just a hook so you would get there and be surprised by Quiet's chapter. It was trying to surprise you with a boss fight where you didn't expect it. The actual mission is just to go there to start the Hellbound mission.

But what about getting the post mission 31 spoiler.
body of the man of fire ?

How do you even get that scene?

max. Social Link I believe

Everyone is wearing a helmets now. Sorry but I have to kill you all if you don't let yourself tranquilize easy by me.

I just give them a shot to the arm and wait a little bit. (Or to their face if they're walking towards me, but I try to avoid that.)

Soooooooo...I just walked through that door in medical bay.

I have
SO MANY QUESTIONS

Seriously.
What? Huh? How? What is even happening?

Don't answer any of those questions, of course. Still though.
Wat

I had those exact thoughts.

So about Mission 20

I ended winning against the man of fire in a lame way because it just started raining and he disappeared. The proper way to beat him is to knock him into the pool of water, right? I was using a shotgun to stop him but I wasn't really sure how to knock him on his back consistently, I only got him to fall over twice and every other time I shot him he just got kind of stunned for a second

You can also shoot down the water towers and then shotgun him when he's lost his power to stun him for a while. I just got on the chopper at that point and ran off.

Lakitu

st5fu
Goddamnit, I keep on missing one target in the R&D trial. Driving me nuts. No idea where it is. Running around like a headless chicken while the timer goes to zero.

Hasney

Battle Gear

BTW anyone here been doing much FOB'ing? I've ignored it utterly since it increases being "online" increases my loading times and I really won't fucking stand for that.

It's not FOB, it's combat deployment. And I've done a shitton of FOB, so fun.

KorrZ

Sometimes this game makes me feel really weird when I'm systematically murdering anyone who isn't an A rank or above lol.

Randam

Or sleep grenades, CQC, hold ups, stun grenades. Not to mention ruining their helmet supply chain with combat missions, which I would recommend as by the time I hit the thirties, I hadn't really done that and everyone had helmets, masks, shields, riot gear and shotguns. This made the above options a bit more complicated TBH.
What are combat missions?
When can you do them?

Don't forget to sell your diamonds btw. You don't get the GMP when you pick them up, you have to sell them under Resources. Just keep a few of them, not many weapons need diamonds for development.
Wtf seriously.

The Resources tab is what I've been totally neglecting. I just hoard everything thinking that is what my GMP is based on. So, is everything I fulton just stored there waiting to be sold off?

Chariot

So about Mission 20

There are actually several ways to beat him. There are watertanks you can shoot or you can use the waterpistol to very slowly get him down, or so I heard. I used the watertank method. But thinking about it, driving him down the cliff with the car would've been lot's of fun.

Top Bottom