• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Glasshole

Banned
Hmm, that's interesting because i remember someone said earlier he heard some weird noises too.

Is it still there? can you maybe record it?

Humm... It's 3am where I live so I'm going to sleep in a few minutes.

Will replay that mission, try to record the sound and report back.

So what's the point of the online combat deployment missions? They don't seem to offer much better rewards and take fucking forever and want me to give them money which I will not do. I'm still pretty early mission wise though.

So nobody heard
the P.T. sound? I swear it was 1:1 the same sound sample as the swinging sound. Sent some shivers down my spine.

To my knowledge there's
two separate locations in the game playing P.T noises on radios. One of them is the news broadcast about the murders, the other is the whole '240863' deep-voice bit. You might be hearing a third one I haven't heard yet, but I didn't listen to them for that long so maybe the fridge noise happens on one of them. Either way, yes there's P.T Easter eggs in the game.

Not seen the Lisa decoy though.

I'm going to spoiler that just in case, it's about P.T references in MGSV.

I imagine if you sell all of your mortars they would disappear from MB, but the amount you fulton doesn't seem proportional to the amount around MB. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think I've fultoned that many AA guns.

And you can sell walker gears but some dispatch missions require them I think. Is the GMP you get even worth it?

Walker Gears are used for dispatch mission. Tanks jeeps, and truck can be used for mission and side-ops if you want. And yes, if you sell mortar, gun emplacements, they will disappear mother base, but they won't be of use so sell them away if you want.

Thanks.

Geg

Ugh, how is it possible to do mission 21 properly? I guess it really needs to be done at night time.

Hmm, White Mamba, eh? Gee I wonder who that could be

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Wait before I see that, do I just have to keep doing some side missions to get episode 51?

It's cut from the game. Maybe DLC later or something but you won't get an answer of what happens to Eli in the current game.

Woodchipper

Are there any good ways to finish mission 20 other than to
drive a car into the man of fire and push him into the basin? I first tried to lure him into that hall with the water containers and blow one of them up with C4 when he stands near them, but that only slowed him down a bit. Not enough to be able to flee with the chopper.
Put a C4 on the big water tower outside the hall, let him spot you standing close to it, call the chopper as soon as he spots you, detonate the C4 when he's by the tower and run to the LZ. I also threw a grenade at the other water tower from the chopper but not sure if that helped.

duckroll

So what's the point of the online combat deployment missions? They don't seem to offer much better rewards and take fucking forever and want me to give them money which I will not do. I'm still pretty early mission wise though.

It's basically a P2W scam. After you do a dozen or so normal dispatch missions you might start to notice that the rewards start to become diminishing returns other than the priority ones (yellow dot) which you get one at a time. The online dispatch missions on the other hand generally offer seemingly more attractive rewards at this point, especially in terms of materials. But once you commit to one, you'll realize that it takes 1-2 realtime days to clear, unless you pay MB Coins to "finish immediately". Lol. THANKS KONAMI!

gdt

Mission 16 down. Had a hard time finding the truck (took my time, needed to lift all the resources at the airport), but when I did I finished the mission with stealth.

Used decoys to lure them away from the truck 😎

Then Fulton'd that bitch and crawled my ass outta there.

35 hours exact.

Welp, I've completely lost track of how Ocelot and Miller sound different. I'll just assume it's both of them talking to me all the time.
It's basically a P2W scam. After you do a dozen or so normal dispatch missions you might start to notice that the rewards start to become diminishing returns other than the priority ones (yellow dot) which you get one at a time. The online dispatch missions on the other hand generally offer seemingly more attractive rewards at this point, especially in terms of materials. But once you commit to one, you'll realize that it takes 1-2 realtime days to clear, unless you pay MB Coins to "finish immediately". Lol. THANKS KONAMI!

That was a bummer. They went from significant investments to completely recycled garbage in like the span of two hours. Now I've only ever had a single risky mission that even has a chance of giving something that isn't garbage.

And yeah, the online ones are horrible all around.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
So everyone saying there aren't boss fights in this game are either way better than me or haven't fought
The Skulls
more than once.

I'm at the point in the weapon and item upgrade cycle where every upgrade just looks like it's tacticool and not of much practical benefit. I guess I'll just go through them all anyway.

I didn't even realize that the Dispatch Missions cost GMP. I'd been sending people on them whenever I can. Guess I'm gonna stop unless I get a blueprint or something.

I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times, but is there a way to import a "fake" Ground Zeroes save?

I beat GZ on the PS4 but decided to play the main game on the PC.

I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times, but is there a way to import a "fake" Ground Zeroes save?

I beat GZ on the PS4 but decided to play the main game on the PC.

Check the GZ to MGSV import thread. I think someone there posted a link to a 100% save you can download

Reebot

In what universe are they not boss fights?

They're specially-designed encounters against nontraditional, super-powered enemies.

They're in no way specially designed. They're in normal arenas and have no pattern/flow outside of a firefight.

Being harder doesn't make it a boss fight. And is a far, far cry from what we should expect from Metal Gear

Dizzy-4U

PC guys, Did you get like 3fps on the cutscene after mission 29, the one with
Code Talker in the helicopter
? I thought my pc was dying for a minute.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
They're in no way specially designed. They're in normal arenas and have no pattern/flow outside of a firefight.

Being harder doesn't make it a boss fight. And is a far, far cry from what we should expect from Metal Gear

Did you see the lifebar when you scan them? of course they count as boss fights.

Sn4ke_911

Lol. Yeah, a life bar. That's the true sign of a classic Metal Gear boss.

Who says MGSV is a "classic" Metal Gear game?

There is a reason when you look at the boxart all you see is "THE PHANTOM PAIN". The logo is designed that way.

It's a boss fight seamlessly blended in with the rest of the game.

Reebot

Who says MGSV is a "classic" Metal Gear game?

There is a reason when you look at the boxart all you see is "THE PHANTOM PAIN". The logo is designed that way.

What an amazing cop out.

Boss fights used to be something more than firing more bullets. Kojima truly has revolutionized again.

Hazaku

Well my copy finally turned up. GZ save import isn't working for me though :(

The reversible cover is a neat addition! (Japanese copy).

qmrfmgba.jjr.jpg

J Range

Reading these comments is scaring me. Are there no boss fights ? Just skulls? I'm on mission 19 and haven't encountered a boss yet.

Sn4ke_911

What an amazing cop out.

Boss fights used to be something more than firing more bullets. Kojima truly has revolutionized again.

I never said i like the boss fights in MGSV but they definitely count as boss fights.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'd definitely consider
the Skulls
boss fights. Especially
the sniper team
in episode 28 and the
big armored guys
in episode 29.

Z3M0G

Last OT i complained that after 11 or so main+side missions the game was feeling repetive and boring...

Thankfully things started to mix it up quickly.

Sn4ke_911

Reading these comments is scaring me. Are there no boss fights ? Just skulls? I'm on mission 19 and haven't encountered a boss yet.

Don't get your hopes up, there are boss fights but they are nowhere near as good as MGS1's FOXHOUND or MGS3's Cobra Unit.

There's definitely stuff you can classify as boss fights, though whether you'll find them satisfying is another matter entirely.

Top Bottom