• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

How do you get a better supressor? I've had the first one for way too long.
Also, what CAN you sell? I've been taking a lot of shut but I haven't sold anything yet.

Nope, they are used for creating armor and bionic arm (Hand of Jehuty).

Good to know thanks. Man I love this game, got over 40 hours clocking in and just finished mission 15. A good 3-4 hours have been keeping the game running while timers run down for mother base upgrades and combat deployments while I did other stuff.

A-V-B

Just finished Chapter 1... and...

WTF at the next missions just being harder versions of earlier missions! Whose idea was this?!

Permanently A

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
How do you get a better supressor? I've had the first one for way too long.
Also, what CAN you sell? I've been taking a lot of shut but I haven't sold anything yet.

Sell gun emplacements, redundant vehicles, and precious metals.

Do not sell processed materials. Plants are used in a surprising amount of projects so I say keep them.

Ishida

Banned

WTF at the next missions just being harder versions of earlier missions! Whose idea was this?!

Metal-Gear-solid-5-confirmado-433x266.jpg

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

They are not required. Just do yellow ones, yellow side ops, and maybe a few more side ops after you have exhausted all options. But really they're not that bad. In fact I'd say they're great.

Glasshole

Banned
So I'm on media blackout, still kinda early in the game, read the last page of this thread just now and already got spoiled some shit. Either way, I'm here because I have a question:

During the first elimination mission,
in Afghanistan
, at night, something... Weird happened. I heard
the sound of the fridge's hinge in P.T. - aka the fridge hanging from the ceiling. I looked around, but I couldn't disclose the location.

Does anybody know more about this?

Permanently A

Mission
. Ugh. Don't know wtf to do.

I just aced that shit. Here's what I did:

Grab the intel document from the camp, then follow the path until you reach the airport. (highly recommend calling in a vehicle, its a long drive. Keep going along the path until you meet a group of soldiers standing around a jeep. Lay in wait until the tanks and stuff come. Put the soldiers to sleep, this will cause the truck driver to stop and come out. The first tank should also have driven off past the jeep, at least it did for me. Then before the soldiers can leave loop behind the tank and car and come up behind the tank, this triggers the mist and knocks the soldiers out. Get in the tank and take out the skulls, but be careful not to blow up the truck too. After you take out the skulls you can extract the vehicle. Also protip: theres a TON of materials in the airport you passed on the way. The mist has knocked everyone out for around 10 minutes giving you a ton of time to ransack the place.

tariniel

Mission 18

Why the fuck was this so hard? I wish I could have just shot all the kids and got out. I got so tired of them discovering the prisoners escaped, that I decided to Call of Duty it. Then the enemy gunship spotted my support chopper right as I was about to escape and shot it down, and then killed me. After restarting I called in Quiet and a rocket launcher, had her snipe literally everyone she could see while I killed anyone she couldn't see, and then shot down the enemy chopper with the rocket launcher, and finally made it out. I usually play stealth but this mission was just too fucked up for stealth.

I died or started from checkpoint probably 4-5 times, and still got an A. How the fuck does that even happen.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So I'm on media blackout, still kinda early in the game, read the last page of this thread just now and already got spoiled some shit. Either way, I'm here because I have a question:

During the first elimination mission,
in Afghanistan[/spoile]
, at night, something... Weird happened. I heard
the sound of the fridge's hinge in P.T. - aka the fridge hanging from the ceiling. I looked around, but I couldn't disclose the location.

Does anybody know more about this?
This post is pretty hilarious.

Mission
. Ugh. Don't know wtf to do.

Easiest way to do this is getting the fulton upgrade.

Go straight to the airport, enter from the west of the airport, there's an opening from the fence right behind the parked truck. As soon as the skulls spawn, run to the truck, fulton it, call D-Horse and run the hell away out of the heat zone.

You can get S-ranking this way. Takes around 2-3 minutes. Every other way requires too much effort. Sure its a grind but I simply don't have the patience of waiting for the tank and hopping onto it.

Good luck and best wishes.

pots555

Well, I just extracted a prisoner, listening to
Only Time Will Tell by Asia
. That was just awesome. A gaming moment I will remember. This is a great game.

To be fair, if you are relatively new to the series, you might have your expectations in check better than hard core fans. Who knows, maybe you'll like it. Or maybe you won't.

I have no idea what to expect. I already like story and presentation better than MGS4 and I don't take the overall series story that seriously but I also don't want to see something completely stupid ruin some of the best stealth gameplay ever.

atomico

Mission 20 question

Can you actually Fulton the fire dude?
Please, just gimme a simple "yes" or "no" answer, I rather figure out the "how" myself.

I dropped the water towers on him, but the puppeteer keeps shooting down the balloon (no fulton prompt). The little guy not having a health or stamina bar made me think I was just wasting time trying to harm him. Also, Kaz seemed eager for me to extract the fire guy and he's been feeding me bogus mission objective intel since Ground Zeroes, but I know I can trust you, GAF.

Sn4ke_911

Changed that before you posted your response btw. Quoting that mistake does everyone a service too. Also, if you've bought the game on Steam or any other platform, you'd at least know what I just 'spoiled'.

Yeah but what if that was a major ending spoiler you failed to tag right? don't worry man, no biggy, i just found it especially funny because you complained about spoilers in here.

And Afghanistan isn't really a spoiler.

Furyous

What's the location of the song that cancels alerts. Is there a spawn point somewhere for good soldiers? In other words, how to do I find B and above soldiers? I'm trying to increase my R&D level so I can develop the fulton that lets me gank people for their resources. I'm two levels below where I need to be.

beginner tip: There's easily 1 million worth of diamonds in mother base as you expand the platforms. Came up on 500K passively going through a few weapon trials.

Where's adult DD? I can't find her for some odd reason.

RawNuts

I found (song spoilers?)
Laura Branigan's Gloria
tape at the airport, but it seems to be out of reach and won't give me the prompt to grab it; anyone else experience this here?

Glasshole

Banned
Yeah but what if that was a major ending spoiler you failed to tag right? don't worry man, no biggy, i just found it funny.

And Afghanistan isn't really a spoiler.

So nobody heard
the P.T. sound? I swear it was 1:1 the same sound sample as the swinging sound. Sent some shivers down my spine.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Are there any good ways to finish mission 20 other than to
drive a car into the man of fire and push him into the basin? I first tried to lure him into that hall with the water containers and blow one of them up with C4 when he stands near them, but that only slowed him down a bit. Not enough to be able to flee with the chopper.

Ōkami

Post mission 46 spoilers.

Beat mission 46, got the results screen, next a loading screen.

It's been going for over 6 minutes, is it supposed to be that long?

Rean

Post Mission 46 Spoilers:
So its that the end of the game? What happened to Eli and the metal gear and I'm pretty sure there were some scenes in the Chapter 2 preview that didn't happen yet.

Sn4ke_911

So nobody heard
the P.T. sound? I swear it was 1:1 the same sound sample as the swinging sound. Sent some shivers down my spine.

Hmm, that's interesting because i remember someone said earlier he heard some weird noises too.

Is it still there? can you maybe record it?

Top Bottom