• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Question about something related to episode 12.
how can you destroy the power grid outside of where Huey is at?

The game tells me that I can destroy it and it will help me at night but I don't know what I'm suppose to destroy to get that effect

Soulflarz

Banned
I'd definitely consider
the Skulls
boss fights. Especially
the sniper team
in episode 28 and the
big armored guys
in episode 29.

28? What're you talking about, you can walk by them :V I didn't even crawl after the first 30s...

Just saying, not really a boss fight >_>

I can't seem to level past 29 in R&D. As soon as I get to 29, it says a fight has broken out and goes back down to 28. Should I move the trouble doers out? People said they're not really a big deal and it levels down so systematically here that I feel something is up.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Agree to disagree then my man.

Quiet fight is great, but the game never again even approaches something like that.

Agreed, sadly there is not enough of those.

I mean wtf happened during this game's development? a character like
Mantis
had the chance to surpass MGS1's Psycho Mantis boss fight, still one of the best and most memorable boss fights ever made.

Edit: I forgot, the Metal Gear boss fight in this game is imo the best in any of the MGS games.

That's too bad, MGS bosses are usually the best in the industry imo.

That's why the whole fanbase is very disappointed.

Ther are two negative things about this game. 1. Story, 2. boss fights

Two things that were always a big part in any of the MGS games.

Edzi

So I've heard people mention special cutscenes with some of your buddies, but I don't know how to trigger them. I've got Quiet's bond level maxed out, but haven't seen anything new. If there's nothing left to do/unlock with her, I may switch back to D-Dog to max him out too.

16BitNova

Apparently there is an extra scene ONLY available on the collectors edition of the game that gives a more satisfying ending? Is this true? If so that's kind of BS.

Also, I know I've asked once in here already, but, anyone who has beaten the game, can you please let me know how to get the "true" ending? Like the requirements. I just want to get through this in one play through as I know this game will eat up a bunch of my time as it is, I don't want to miss whatever is needed.

Kama_1082

Banned
Agreed, sadly there is not enough of those.

I mean wtf happened during this game's development? a character like
Mantis
had the chance to surpass MGS1's Psycho Mantis boss fight, still one of the best and most memorable boss fights ever made.

That's why the whole fanbase is very disappointed.

Ther are two negative things about this game. 1. Story, 2. boss fights

Two things that were always a big part in any of the MGS games.

I dunno man, I really like the story and all the cassette tapes. /shrug

Question about something related to episode 12.
how can you destroy the power grid outside of where Huey is at?

The game tells me that I can destroy it and it will help me at night but I don't know what I'm suppose to destroy to get that effect

You're after the box with the blinking blue light, usually enclosed within a fence with barbed wire. It should look familiar if you've played Ground Zeroes. In that particular area, I believe it's
down the road a bit, on the right side. You shouldn't be able to miss it.

If you go up to it, you should get a prompt that looks a bit like the profile of a button. You can hit it to temporarily turn it off, or you can use an explosive like C4 to blow it up. Doing either will obviously draw attention, the latter more so.

Tiktaalik

Any way to make it so enemies you fulton go to the waiting room and you manually assign them?

I gotta say the UI for this game is kind of a mess.

mauaus

If i rescue some prisioners in mission 10 and i extract mid mission aka i dont finish it... Do i still get my prisoners /soldiers?

Ōkami

Beat the game, pretty sure I didn't got the true ending, otherwise, well. dissapointing to say the least.

What I got, spoilers of course.

Mission 46, just the prologue again.

Big plot twist is that the snake you play as isn't the real snake, at the end of the mission you see Ocelot get the true Snake out of there, he leaves on a bike, cut from that to the fake snake hearing a message from the man who sold the world, the true snake. Roll credits.

After the credits you see Ocelot and Miller talking, that's it.

Pretty sure it's not the real ending, Zero shows in the credits, but I didn't found him in the game.

How do I get the real thing?

Ōkami;177902966 said:
Beat the game, pretty sure I didn't got the true ending, otherwise, well. dissapointing to say the least.

Big plot twist is that the snake you play as isn't the real snake, at the end of the mission you see Ocelot get the true Snake out of there, he leaves on a bike, cut from that to the fake snake hearing a message from the man who sold the world, the true snake. Roll credits.

Pretty sure it's not the real ending, Zero shows in the credits, but I didn't found him in the game.

Thats the true ending, Zero talks in a new set of tapes

rinker

I visited 3 towns in Africa in a row and in each one I could only find 2 satellite relays. Is there something different about disabling comms in Africa or did they just get better at hiding them?

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Ōkami;177902966 said:

Zero is available through the Truth Records tapes which are actually pretty extensive and offer the most Zero we've gotten since MGS3.

Also, watch this in order to satisfy the Eli arc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B4JIHh5Jqk

EDIT: Fuck me, thought this was the Spoiler thread. Massive apologies to anyone who saw that before the edit.

jett

D-Member
Do you need to do side ops missions to get story-related missions?
Eli said he wanted to talk to Big Bawse, but I go to MB and nothing happens.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
So where can I finally get some clothes for this poor girl?

J-Skee

Mission 28. Fox Engine doing work on
that mansion.
Had to stop myself after
the cliffhanger though.
I'm loving this so far.

LifEndz

Another dumb question. In the motherbase tab, staff management sub tab I always have a numerical indicator next to staff management. How do I get rid of that? I've found the new staff members with the numerical icon next to their names but highlighting them doesn't get rid of the flashing indicator and my ocd is killing me. Thanks.

Apparently there is an extra scene ONLY available on the collectors edition of the game that gives a more satisfying ending? Is this true? If so that's kind of BS.

Also, I know I've asked once in here already, but, anyone who has beaten the game, can you please let me know how to get the "true" ending? Like the requirements. I just want to get through this in one play through as I know this game will eat up a bunch of my time as it is, I don't want to miss whatever is needed.

Not true. It just closes one thread of the story that leaves hanging and you can watch it on youtube. Watch only after you finish the game.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Code Talker's tapes are good but you really have to be in a patient mood to sit and listen. I do not recommend listening to them during gameplay. They need focus.

J Range

How do I change d-walkers weapon loadout? I developed new stuff for it, and when I press x on it to try and equip it, it gives a click sound and nothing else.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can you safely go to the menu and choose "Return to helicopter" after a mission has been done, or do I need to assign a helicopter spot each time I finish a mission in order to keep my fultoned soldiers/items?

Griss

Wow, lmao. Late game spoilers:
Quiet in the rain.
I mean, just... what on earth? It's like Hideo
fell in actual romantic love with his own creation and forgot to write an actual plot as he was too busy making waifu scenes. I mean, just... what on earth?!?

DrSlek

Best ways to level bond with Quiet?

From what I've read, visiting her once per stay at mother base will increase it before she's even a buddy. String at her in first person mode in the chopper for 5 seconds will apparently increase it......and apparently staring at her boobs for 10 seconds in first person mode will "greatly" increase it. Spending 5 minutes in the chopper with her might also increase her bond level.

I'm not certain how much of this is true. I'm just going by what I've read, as she's not even available as a buddy for me yet. I'm only on mission 13.

Top Bottom