• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Do you eventually get like an axe or something to climb with because man they really skimped on the cracks in the cliffs to let you climb. I've run for hundreds of meters hoping to find a way up on a good vantage point over a base to no avail

Afraid not. The wall climbing is really underutilized unfortunately.

Jintor

I also really dislike subtitle priority. Why not multiple subtitle areas or something?

D-Walker might be stretching it since he's so powerful, but D-Horse definitely needs to be a vehicle since he's practically useless aside from moving around. And some easier way to automate Quiet would be nice since she requires too much micro on convoy missions if you're not going for ambushes.

I dream of riding D-Walker around with my wallhacking dog and Quiet shooting fools from the nearest ridge tho

Hypron

For the GZ save transfer, do you have to have extracted the prisoners/PoI on the latest save, or just at some point in the past? The last time I did the Finger/Eye mission I just nuked everything and didn't save or extract anyone, but the run just before it I extracted everyone.

You just need to have done it once.

Baust

This is how I've been getting most of my animals.

yoR6pB.gif

One thing... I wish that when you Fulton people that instead of them being randomly placed that new recruits have their own column to easier keep track of them. Perhaps I'm overlooking something though.

Jintor

Well that sucks. So many cliffs/rock formations you can't seem to get on top of

generally the level design when it comes to cliffs feels really uninspired. Mission 30 or so there's a cliff path around the side of the fortress you want to infiltrate but it leads to... a sheer drop.

It LOOKS like it should have a cliff wall crack, but nope.

There's so much of this.

neoism

There are actually several ways to beat him. There are watertanks you can shoot or you can use the waterpistol to very slowly get him down, or so I heard. I used the watertank method. But thinking about it, driving him down the cliff with the car would've been lot's of fun.

you the funny thing about this was i seen that they were desturcable so i put c4 there without even knowing but of course blew them up at the wrong time.. lol
still was a good mission... jesus though kojima sure does creepy/scary really well.. shame PT isnt happening...

Re: Mission 20

I'm really upset that the water gun isn't effective against the man on fire. also, it seems like the game bugs out a little bit. If you blow up the water tank using the explosive barrels beside it, then reload from a checkpoint, the water tower is back to being intact, but the barrels are gone. Made it a real pain to incapacitate him on my second and third tries.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Re: Mission 20

I'm really upset that the water gun isn't effective against the man on fire. also, it seems like the game bugs out a little bit. If you blow up the water tank using the explosive barrels beside it, then reload from a checkpoint, the water tower is back to being intact, but the barrels are gone. Made it a real pain to incapacitate him on my second and third tries.

You can take out the towers with a simple rocket launcher.

JMizzlin

Found you could jump in a helicopter and go to other parts of Mother Base; can I do the same in free roam? Or is the delivery system the only fast travel method. Just a bit tired of returning to the ACCC to move to a far off side op.

Mengetsu

So the credits just rolled for me.
I know there's more story but most of the missions seem to be hard versions of the ones I played already? Is it worth S Ranking them all and doing all the objectives? Do i get something good for it or should I just continue till I really finish the story?

You can take out the towers with a simple rocket launcher.

Well, the thing is, obviously the man on fire's presence was spoiled by the pre-roll on the helicopter ride in. So I called in a supply drop for my water pistol the second that I landed, thinking that it would be what I used to keep him off me in whatever context he appeared, since you JUST get the ability to develop it from the mission prior, and that's too perfect a setup. But it wasn't that effective, and I obviously wasn't going to run around scared waiting for a rocket launcher supply drop during the fight. I just used grenades/C4.

Kamina777

Banned
You haven't noticed the timer on development projects yet? Some of them take 0 minutes. Some 15 minutes. Some closer to 2 hours.
I'm used to them, i thought that person was referring to something that happened in 1 hour and 15 minutes.

The wait for it to be available is too long.
the project time has never been a big deal for me, for that kind of OP weapon for quiet I'm surprised it's not worse.

Lelcar

Mission 30-31 spoilers

Damn, this
Sahelanthropus fight
is kicking my ass and it's literally only because
of that rail gun one-hit-kill.
I get what I'm supposed to do, it just happens when I'm reloading or out of ammo every time, ha!

the project time has never been a big deal for me, for that kind of OP weapon for quiet I'm surprised it's not worse.

It's kind of frustrating sometimes, you grind and side op it up for a while to get the GMP or items to craft something, then you have to wait upwards of an hour to actually use it.

Tabris

From the complaint thread - Honestly, is the story really that different from a traditional Metal Gear? You insert all of those cassette tapes into a codec screen and it's pretty much same as the other games. He just made it optional.

Well except for the cut sequences from the end of the game. That's a big difference.

Kamina777

Banned
It's kind of frustrating sometimes, you grind and side op it up for a while to get the GMP or items to craft something, then you have to wait upwards of an hour to actually use it.
Time flies in this game, 2 side ops for another project will eat that time right up, stuff is done before I notice it. I'll feel different once the 2 hour stuff comes up though. That's crazy.

Mission 30-31 spoilers

Damn, this
Sahelanthropus fight
I get what I'm supposed to do, it just happens when I'm reloading or out of ammo every time, ha!

Ammo conservation is key I found for that section.
What I did was always keep my machine gun above 10 bullets and always keep a rocket in the launcher. Perfect time to reload the machine gun is straight after dropping a rocket during the obvious window. Even then though, you're likely to occasionally get caught off guard with no rocket loaded when you could get the most use out of it.

Vire

Mission 30-31 spoilers

Damn, this
Sahelanthropus fight
My palms were sweaty after that fight.
I left the tank tubes on the back till the end, that way I knew if I started choking right before I finish him off I at least had an easy way to get a lot of damage on him quickly.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Is there a way to man the minigun on the chopper besides when it drops you off for insertion/pickup? Like can you make it provide support and then man gun?

RDreamer

Damned kids, lol

Can't believe I S Ranked that mission.

The game kept saying they were seen by someone or something, and they weren't as far as I could see. They were stuck in one goddamned spot even though I had cleared EVERYTHING ahead of them, and they just wouldn't fucking go. I had to shoot a few people way behind them for them to finally fucking run for it

Top Bottom