• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
2/3rds of side ops down. So uh
If I do every mission, what's left for 100%? Do I need everything developed/casettes? Maxed encyclopedia?

Did you S rank every main Mission?

Also did you complete every sub objective in every main Mission?

S ranking all main Missions is definitely necessary to unlock a certain someone.

Mengetsu

Don't need to do any of the hard missions except for the trophies / fun of it. Story isn't tied to them, if you need to progress story, you can do Side OPs or old missions instead.

You do not need to do any of the extra difficulty missions to get the true ending. You get some cosmetic skins for doing all of the difficult variants. That's it. Not worth it.
Thank you. I'll finish it up and clean up later at some point.

Jintor

Did you kill them? Because her tranq sniper rifle doesn't work later on due to all the helmets. I don't know if her lethal sniper rifle can penetrate heavy infantry either.

It just takes more shots lol. She works EVENTUALLY on pretty much everything but vehicles. Well, maybe not riot suits.

Fuck riot suits.

Oh, her anti-material rifle (third leg of the tech tree) goes through pretty much everything iirc

Mupod

While i love D-Dog i find heavy soldiers/helmets to be a joke.

Smoke grenades+NVG+CQC makes them a cakewalk.
Thanks for the replies

I noticed this too, I just had a mission where almost every enemy was in full armor but they don't seem to ever have night vision or gas masks. It was nice being able to use my smoke and sleep bombs again.

On that subject does anyone know exactly what the 'grenade ricochet' command for Quiet even does? I should really try it out next time, I'd love for her to be able to trigger my sleep/smoke before enemies have a chance to flee.

nns3d

YOOOOO one of Quiet's costumes
is Sniper Wolf lol. That's awesome. I could've sworn she looked familiar :p

Lynx_7

HKs0KSY.jpg
lol

Just did my first mission
in Africa
. I was doing so well, almost on my way to a perfect stealth, and then some guy I hadn't even seen spotted me when I was carrying a knocked out soldier somewhere safe (to fulton). Would've gotten S rank if it wasn't for that.

Im also enjoying the tapes with
Huey's interrogation
, though I wish they made that as a cutscene instead.

Soulflarz

Banned

S ranking all main Missions is definitely necessary to unlock a certain someone.

Wait, I need to S rank all main missions?

N-no...I've only S ranked like half of them ;-;

Sub_Level

Quiet seems to just sit around the mission start and never move. Am I missing something? All her abilities are greyed out.

Quiet works best when you mark her positions using the idroid map (flip up and down with d pad)

Scout position her in areas so she can mark soldiers for you.

Attack position her in areas so she will help you in a Combat phase.

She is powerful when you utilize her in this fashion. Especially when you upgrade her rifles.

Options will not be greyed out when you are near her. In fact you should select 'Quiet' to build buddy points with her. At least once per mission.

Vire

What does it unlock? Debating if I want to attempt it.

I noticed this too, I just had a mission where almost every enemy was in full armor but they don't seem to ever have night vision or gas masks. It was nice being able to use my smoke and sleep bombs again.

On that subject does anyone know exactly what the 'grenade ricochet' command for Quiet even does? I should really try it out next time, I'd love for her to be able to trigger my sleep/smoke before enemies have a chance to flee.

Smoke is OP far as im concerned.
Throat slits for days.

As for grenade shot
Equip a nade or any throwable
Give the command
Throw it towards any enemy
She will shoot it towards the nearest enemy.
Soooo fun taking out choppers with a couple nades only.
Quiet is GOAT

Fardeen

i really wished there was an option to watch all cutscenes after the game is over :( the log for cutscenes only contain a transcript of dialogues spoken during cutscenes

Question with HUGE SPOILER!

Just finished mission 46, where you play the prologue again and uncover the truth, was that de true ending?

Kriken

Finally finished Chapter 1, the one thing I hate right now is that my Fuel Resources are in the 3-5k range while all my other resources sans precious stones are in the 50k range. I guess I'm going to make a point to grab as much fuel as possible during side ops

Vire

Finally finished Chapter 1, the one thing I hate right now is that my Fuel Resources are in the 3-5k range while all my other resources sans precious stones are in the 50k range. I guess I'm going to make a point to grab as much fuel as possible during side ops
Make it a point to send out units on combat deployment missions that will retrieve fuel. Should help a good amount.

Sifl

Run towards the main building, get on an AA Emplacement Gun and rip them to shreds. They will probably break it, so come with rocket launchers and grenade launchers.

If you instantly run to the left.. I think. There will be a
anti air turret that you can use to take out all the skulls very easily
Man, I didn't even see that thing. I was just running in circles hoping Quiet did the rest, since my health stopped regening.

Sub_Level

Anyone got a gear setup for mission 29?

Literally just a rocket launcher and an assault rifle. Shoot at them from the roof. Use assault rifle if they get too close to the VIP. Call in supply drops when you run out of ammo.

Boom: S rank.

Lebneney

Banned
Does anybody have an idea of how the shrapnel gets larger? I know it has to do with being bad, but does that mean if I don't want a massive piece of shrapnel coming out of my head than I have to do a non-lethal playthrough?

20cent

Banned
mission 20 bug:

when the man on fire started chasing me I ran as fast as I could until the cave/tunnel entrance collapsed then I made a U-turn, hopped on a jeep that was very near the devil's house, fell off from the cliff next to the building in the river with instant death; at the same time my radio was "yeah, well done you're out of the hot zone" - S rank.

Uh.. Ok.

Top Bottom