• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

I've been using the Sneaking Suit for a while now. Silent footsteps are a godsend.

Is there a reason to go back to any of the other camos?

A-V-B

Hah. Holy shit. You can't play MGSV in offline mode on Steam. It actually tells you to go back online.

MGSV is gonna disappear someday, and there's nothing we can do about it.

Real Hero

So I haven't been able to play the game a lot, but am getting ready to dive back in this week. I'm starting to get nervous about people saying how weak the story is.

Considering this is the last Kojima MGS game, it's making me nervous as hell that the game will ultimately disappoint.

Luckily it's probably the best Kojima game to actually play. The story is no worse than 4

Woffls

I've been using the Sneaking Suit for a while now. Silent footsteps are a godsend
Took me aaagggeesss to realise that this was a feature of the Sneaking Suit. Now I only go back to other gear to save money. Not being able to catch up to someone without triggering reflex is so annoying >_<

Thank you for your words of warning on Mission 150/45. If I went in thinking how I thought the mission would have gone, I would have been screwed. As a result, I did it in one attempt and with a B rating, no less.

That said.... SPOILERS FOR AFTER MISSION 45. MASSIVE SPOILERS:

I'm sure that was supposed to be emotional, but she had no real character, I really disliked her lack of clothes the entire game and the stupid justification for it, the attempted rape at the end, and as a result I just didn't care that much.

Why exactly am I supposed to be ashamed for my deeds or words or whatever the stupid Kojima quote was again?

KarmaCow

Hah. Holy shit. You can't play MGSV in offline mode on Steam. It actually tells you to go back online.

Ugh, yea I just tested this by physically unplugging the ethernet cable got that same dialogue box. Weird, I was having issues with my router coincidentally around the same time as Konami's servers were buckling under the pressure last week and didn't notice this before. That's really annoying, god damn it.

fastmower

I personally wouldn't mind if it disappeared from my machine, but that is actually scary to think about it being a real possibility.

Pilgrimzero

Thank you for your words of warning on Mission 150/45. If I went in thinking how I thought the mission would have gone, I would have been screwed. As a result, I did it in one attempt and with a B rating, no less.

I'm sure that was supposed to be emotional, but she had no real character, I really disliked her lack of clothes the entire game and the stupid justification for it, the attempted rape at the end, and as a result I just didn't care that much.

Why exactly am I supposed to be ashamed for my deeds or words or whatever the stupid Kojima quote was again?

Cry while masterbating

What "build" does everyone like to use? I've grown rather fond of this loadout:

mgsvtpp_2015_09_07_17_57_16_248_by_realghostvids-d98vjov.jpg

The order of attack goes CQC > Silenced rifle > Loud weapons. It's fun getting in real close and throwing people around and only using the rifle for emergencies; and the revolver and shotgun are just plain fun to use.

The silenced rifle really is overpowered though, which is why I try to not use it too often. Just shoot each guard in the arm or leg one by one and by the time you're reloading you'll have an outpost full of sleeping enemies ripe for extracting. Of course if the enemies are fully armoured that just shits all over almost any projectile weapon, but that's where crawling around and doing CQC comes in handy.

I really like that there are so many weapons to choose from and that so many different playstyles are completely effective. I never feel bad when an infiltration goes wrong because I know that I'll be able to get myself out of it and feel cool doing it.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?

Personally, I got rather emotional during that scene but I agree nonetheless. Quiet is a prime example of how you botch a potentially great character arc with sexual pandering and just plain bad writing altogether. Damn shame really

What words of warning? What should I go in prepared for? No spoilers of course! :)
Armored vehicles.

Lots of em.

Timeaisis

The order of attack goes CQC > Silenced rifle > Loud weapons. It's fun getting in real close and throwing people around and only using the rifle for emergencies; and the revolver and shotgun are just plain fun to use.

The silenced rifle really is overpowered though, which is why I try to not use it too often. Just shoot each guard in the arm or leg one by one and by the time you're reloading you'll have an outpost full of sleeping enemies ripe for extracting. Of course if the enemies are fully armoured that just shits all over almost any projectile weapon, but that's where crawling around and doing CQC comes in handy.

I really like that there are so many weapons to choose from and that so many different playstyles are completely effective. I never feel bad when an infiltration goes wrong because I know that I'll be able to get myself out of it and feel cool doing it.

I really need to try out the revolvers. I just dunno if I could go without my tranq pistol haha. But yeah shotguns are fun as hell.

my RPG comes with me until I feel safe.

Since I never feel safe, my RPG always comes with me.

When i shot that gunship down as I was rescuing
huey
and no one had any idea where that RPG came from is when i knew I would never shower without my RPG

Timeaisis

During the Day the sneaking suit is more easy to see.

On the second location
Africa
I found myself getting seen a lot when using the SS. It's really good, but in daylight it's easy to spot. For night it's like the best shit ever, though. :p
If it's day, I go with like Woodland camo for Africa and Desert for Afghanistan.

Got the same feeling, well, doesn't hurt to kill some dudes on side-ops, heh?
I end up accidentally going Rambo on like half the side ops anyway haha. Unranked is fun as shit to mess around in. I'm also a lot less careful.

Furyous

I go with the ballistic shield tranq pistol combination.

Ran into the FOB wall. Basically, I can only send out two dispatch teams at once. However, FOB doubles that number which means more rewards quicker. Damn it this sucks.

daveo42

Banned

I'm still running with a silenced assault rifle if shit hits the fan. For back, I usually carry either a rocket launcher for aerial targets and "heavy" enemies or a silenced sniper rifle. Secondary is the silenced tranq pistol or a stun SMG.

It's worked out well, though I'm still waiting for the
upgraded silencer
to unlock.

shiba5

I just did this and it worked fine so that is weird. My game was locking up on the FOB creation stuff so I had to put Steam offline to keep playing.

What's the consensus on a Buddy tier List? Quiet seems to be at the top, since you can essentially play spotter for her and have her take down entire bases.

I've been messing around with D-Walker and damn that's a fun "Buddy". Had some trouble on Mission
until I decided to restart and call in the robot. Mowed down the
Parasite Unit Skulls
using the Gatling Gun with no issue. I love holding down Square and zooming around the map.

Dot-N-Run

Sure would be nice if you could restart a mission without having to do the entire helicopter ride again.

If you begin a mission while in free-roam you won't have to sit through the extremely slow helicopter drop off whenever you restart, you will be on the ground and able to move right away.

KarmaCow

I beat it but never saw it (bond was maxed out too), how can I trigger it? Currently replaying

I maxed the Quiet bond pretty early into the game so I guess the game didn't recognize it when that option opens up. I had it trigger when I accidentally hit her with a RPG, lowering the bond from max and then maxing it again at the end of the mission. I got it going back to Mother Base after that.

Showshank

I spent 30 minutes last night running around in circles in Mother Base while hearing the evolutionary history of a fictitious organism instead of actually studying.

Sifl

Mission 31 spoilers:
I almost got it 1st try, but Peaquad fucked it up. Nice supply drop boys, ran off the side of a cliff.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Yes there is, crack the DRM. ( &#865;~ &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

Don't you mean D-Doge

Nah, that's a fox. Not a Shiba Inu.

Wolf is the default for Diamond Dog, anyway. Anything else just feels "off."

Top Bottom