• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Griss

These (lategame spoilers)
repeat missions
are an exercise in total frustration. Should have been
optional modes for every mission

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
repeat missions

They are the most fun game modes so that would have been nice. But regardless, they are optional.

Angry Guy

What do I have to do to get this scene with Quiet I keep hearing about where
she and Snake dick around in the rain? I already got the one where we went and took a shower in her cell. PLEASE HELP. I HAVEN'T SHOWERED IN SO LONG.
And I've had her social link maxed out for like a million years and never got it.

Carbonox

Mission 31 god damn.

MsBlXTX.gif

wow this is stupid.

im losing 8-10 levels on each base

I was trying to get to develop some newer stuff today

what a god damn terrible design decision. wow.

I did not quarentine anyone and only permanently lost a few men. You only temporarily lose many to quarentine. Chill out.

Carbonox

Oh yeah I think my mission 24 is glitched. There is a side task in it where you need to pick up 4 containers from the outpost in the north and there are only 2 or - when I go back now - none. Anyone know what's up? How do I regenerate them?

Soulflarz

Banned
I just did 37 in the most hilarious way.
Tranqed the main guys, ran up to it, fulton, ran out with skulls on me,
foxhound s rank.

Jarrod38

Just need a few Morse fuel source so I can upgrade my R%D platform so I can get to level 12 so I can unlock the rocket launcher.

Window

Oddly enough, sorting through 400+ and putting
100+ soldiers in quarantine is where I became incredibly frustrated with the game to the point of dropping it for a few days. It was incredibly tedious.

Salsa

---WOOOOOOOHOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAaAaaAaaa--- *
sits in a car idling just looking at scenery rather than guy in front of him

I really can't tell if I love or hate this

Hoje0308

Banned
Went to hell and back (GameFAQS) and found the answer to my inability to progress past mission

And you guys were right, just had to do side ops, or more specifically, three of them.

At least you got to see it. Do not under any circumstances park a tank in the lift shaft entrance. At least the skip option is available, thought I'd have to reset for a while.

Question about Chapter 2 Missions:
Are there any benefits to completing the missions with caveats? These shits are pretty tough so I wanna know if there's a point since they just seem to be rehashes of other missions and there are other missions that seem to drive forward the plot

Managed to S rank Mission 14 with one of my Combat Unit members taking the helm. I'm actually surprised I managed to pull that off without getting caught considering I left so many people out in the open sleeping lol. And because along the way I didn't feel like listen to Ocelot and Kaz's orders

And I finally have Quiet as a buddy. We're gonna make a great pair ;) <3
As for D-Walker, managing that thing is gonna be interesting. Already had it blow up once since I was in a no-fucks given mode and trying to kill soldiers (ended up dying anyway >.>)

Hoje0308

Banned
Question about Chapter 2 Missions:
Are there any benefits to completing the missions with caveats? These shits are pretty tough so I wanna know if there's a point since they just seem to be rehashes of other missions and there are other missions that seem to drive forward the plot

You can get the "real" ending.

jett

D-Member
repeat missions

Agree that it should be optional and that EVERY mission should have an hard mode, like Ground Zeroes.

They're obviously only there to pad out the game, and even then you don't need to complete all of them to unlock the final missions.

Reebot

At least you got to see it. Do not under any circumstances park a tank in the lift shaft entrance. At least the skip option is available, thought I'd have to reset for a while.

What happened in your game? I parked a tank right there and the scene was normal for me, tank magically vanished

I'm just wondering if you get a saving icon whilst in a mission and then you quit, when I come back it won't kick me back to the start of the mission will it? I had some crashes on mission 5 and I had to start over again (losing about an hours worth of progress both times) so I am little paranoid.

Some of my side ops that I completed are not greyed out but have a check and are still white.

What gives?

I'm just wondering if you get a saving icon whilst in a mission and then you quit, when I come back it won't kick me back to the start of the mission will it? I had some crashes on mission 5 and I had to start over again (losing about an hours worth of progress both times) so I am little paranoid.

When I've had saves mid missions, and I quit the game I come back to the save. How did you quit teh game?

gdt

Did 17-19 today plus a bunch of side ops. This game is just so good. I'm like a stealth master right now.

Also maxed Quiet with the suppressed tranq sniper is soooo OP haha. She will wipe out an outpost no sweat.

jett

D-Member
Any awesome super hidden easter eggs in the game?

And what's this rain scene people talk about, haven't seen that. I feel I've been missing out on cut-scenes. :|

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

It's awful.

Furyous

44 and half hours in and I've only completed 8 story missions. I'm somehow sitting at 12 percent but on the bright side I've made 9.8 million and spent 9.4 of that. I sold resources in bulk early on, completed missions repeatedly, dispatch missions, and built up the base development unit.

What happened in your game? I parked a tank right there and the scene was normal for me, tank magically vanished

There was my Diamond dogs milka cow camo APC parked there, I can't remember if that was what I drove into the lift shaft, I thought it was just a base tank I used... Maybe glitch depends on your starting vehicle or something.

first sign of trouble was seeing the apc emerge through the bottom of the lift like it's some vehicular mantis. Then BB gets stuck behind it, a guard eventually walks behind and pushes snake past the tank, but then he gets stuck at the front of it somehow.

Setsuna

Some of my side ops that I completed are not greyed out but have a check and are still white.

What gives?

When I've had saves mid missions, and I quit the game I come back to the save. How did you quit teh game?

I think its because some side missions take place in the same place so the game just picks one

Top Bottom