• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
COaujxIUkAAyLvS.jpg:large

Phionoxx

Put a Butterfly on the Front your Emblem. Look at Customize in your idroid when you're in your ACC.

Okay thanks.
The whole thing seems like a pretty severe change to the game by removing her. Especially after investing in all of her equipment unlocks. So once you see her ending, she's gone for good until you do another run through the game? Wonder if you redid her iniatial fight mission and choose to save her again.

Any guides or tips on how to get the most out of Quiet?

Do I have to use the binoculars to tell her to attack? Didn't seem possible through the scope of my rifle.

I just got her and she feels kind of like underwhelming or I'm just not like using her to her full potential and so I'm thinking there must be something I'm missing

Any tips on her functions would be great.

Open your iDroid and go into Buddy Support,
from here you can make her scout and attack outposts, + as you up your buddy level you can make her cover you

eso76

My only real beef with the game is that the voice actors of Miller and Ocelot sound very, very similar via codec.

Yep..
I just can't tell them apart through codec or on tapes.

Also, I said fuck it and started rushing through missions guns blazing and clearing every last soldier until I can run around the bases naked without having to worry and my rankings have....improved considerably.
I'm getting all A's

Hoje0308

Banned
Just finished mission
and can't progress. There are no new missions available. And yes, I've done all the yellow side ops. Help please

I've read that people are running into players who are using Cheat Engine while doing the FOB multiplayer stuff. That sounds really shitty since you can actually lose stuff from these invasions and frankly I'd rather just not deal with it. I've built the first FOB and have the benefits from it but will those benefits continue if I were to disconnect from the online once I've started up the game?

Glass

End of Mission 30 spoilers

When the music kicked in, was anyone else left feeling rather empty? The music sweeps in but I'm sat there not into the story or emotion at all. Like the whole language parasite story for me is a bit convoluted and hasn't struck a cord with me.
Which is a shame because the song itself and the piano bit especially is really good, almost up there with Snake Eater.

Soulflarz

Banned
I've read that people are running into players who are using Cheat Engine while doing the FOB multiplayer stuff. That sounds really shitty since you can actually lose stuff from these invasions and frankly I'd rather just not deal with it. I've built the first FOB and have the benefits from it but will those benefits continue if I were to disconnect from the online once I've started up the game?

Cheat Engine works? 10/10

rocK`

Banned
I'm on mission 16 and I have noticed something really annoying about
Quiet
she follows me to the first camp or target, then if there's a subsequent target, she doesn't follow and sits in the middle of the map. I only have "Fire and Quiet" as commands, and it's greyed out. Putting in markers doesn't make her move either. What am I doing wrong?

Quiet
she follows me to the first camp or target, then if there's a subsequent target, she doesn't follow and sits in the middle of the map. I only have "Fire and Quiet" as commands, and it's greyed out. Putting in markers doesn't make her move either. What am I doing wrong?

I noticed the same thing and literally just beat that mission after many attempts. Last attempt when I beat it she actually she seemed to help lol.

Quiet
Open iDroid, press up and down on the d-pad to choose target locations for Quiet to Scout or Attack

Quiet

open the map and press up and down on the d pad to get to the quiet scout command.
One of those things the game should explain better. I knew about it since the TGS demo but easy to miss.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
What's the fastest main story mission to repeat? Don't want to keep grinding side ops to unlock 45 and 46.

Bumhead

Banned
Any advice for mission 16? Anything at all, really, I have no idea what the hell I'm doing.

If you know where the truck is at the start of the mission, which the plea sounding nature of your post suggests you do, go straight there as soon as the mission kicks off. Wait a minute or two for the tanks to arrive, then approach the truck to trigger the cutscene. Grab one of those tanks and go to town on the skulls as soon as you can.

Alternatively, have a look on YouTube. There is a cheese method for doing Episode 16 in about 3 minutes. In my opinion, Episode 16 (and every single mission involving "them" in the entire game) is fucking cheap horseshit. I have no qualms with fighting fire with fire when it comes to cheap garbage, so would recommend the cheese option on YouTube just to get past it, move on and enjoy the rest of the game.

Quiet

You have to select where she Scounts and Attacks in the iDroid menu.

Pinktaco

Uh.. Okay so a few questions:

I've acquired a large amount of flowers . Can these somewhat safely be sold?
I've also acquired all kinds of equipment, stuff like AA and mortars, are these also just to be sold or can they be used somehow? I thought they were supposed to be placed on MB, but I guess not haha.

Also I have a fvckton of ressources just waiting to be processed. Do they just trickle into my account nice and slowely? I'm aware that upgrading MB changes ratio, but damn.. xD

End of Mission 30 spoilers

When the music kicked in, was anyone else left feeling rather empty? The music sweeps in but I'm sat there not into the story or emotion at all. Like the whole language parasite story for me is a bit convoluted and hasn't struck a cord with me.
Which is a shame because the song itself and the piano bit especially is really good, almost up there with Snake Eater.

Yeah, I felt nothing.

Wait so you can just play story missions as random soldiers? Wtf What if there is a cutscene or something? When you interrogate guys is it still Kiefer?

Wait so you can just play story missions as random soldiers? Wtf What if there is a cutscene or something? When you interrogate guys is it still Kiefer?

Cinematics will always be Big Boss and everyone will always refer to the soldier as Big Boss. It's basically a palette swap, except the soldier has some different abilities. (No Bionic Arm, with certain soldiers having unique combat skills.)

No there's another group of actors. I only tried one story thing and it cleverly switched to Snake off camera. Then awkwardly switched back again.

Top Bottom