• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Man, I hate quiet atm. I just got the ability to use her and she never stays close and doesnt scout ever. What's the point? Why would you use her over ddog. His ability to mark most enemies feels essential.

You need to micromanage Quiet via the iDroid.

Trust me, it's worth it.

super generic question about ending(s?) without spoiling anything

I've read that you need to do things before jumping into mission 45 to get the "TRUE" ending, even though you play missions after 45 before you play 45 (I think?)

My question: can you go back and get the true ending or do things needs to be done before ever playing mission 45 to get the true ending?

Hypron

Speaking of D-Dog.

Is it me or does D-Dog sometime remove your intel team danger circles from the map without spotting the enemy?

I turned off markers so I can't see through walls and I'm just relying on my eyes and the map.

I might be seeing things, but it seems like more than once I get close to an outpost, I get all those red circles on the map showing where the bad guys could be. Then D-Dog starts barking and some of them disappear. Then I walk in, thinking I'm safe and suddenly there's a guy there... And then you know the story...
CONTACT

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

I've read that you need to do things before jumping into mission 45 to get the "TRUE" ending, even though you play missions after 45 before you play 45 (I think?)

My question: can you go back and get the true ending or do things needs to be done before ever playing mission 45 to get the true ending?

46 is the true ending. 45 is just another ending that involves Quiet. If you want to keep her, use the Butterfly emblem (Customize option in your iDroid). Assuming she hasn't already left you. That will keep the mission/side op 150 from even popping up.

mission 45 isn't the true ending, but basically you need to do X amount of side opps/mission in order to trigger mission 45

poodpick

I keep getting invaded and cant defend my FOB god damnit. I get the warning and then I get kicked offline if I try to defend. Are there any fixes out now for the network problems?

Edit: On PC

This is probably the wrong time to pop in and ask, but for someone who only finished MGS1 is the story too dense to enjoy it or the game as a whole? I kinda have a rough idea of the characters and their motivations from reading up/watching playthroughs of the other games. Gameplay from V seems incredible from what I've seen.

hamchan

This is probably the wrong time to pop in and ask, but for someone who only finished MGS1 is the story too dense to enjoy it or the game as a whole? I kinda have a rough idea of the characters and their motivations from reading up/watching playthroughs of the other games. Gameplay from V seems incredible from what I've seen.

There is not much story in this game at all and what's there is just some crazy nonsense, so just jump in imo.

Danny 117

It's bullshit that the other player gets notified of an intruder at their FOB even though I was never caught. Constantly getting players spawning in and firing rockets hoping for an easy kill. Cheap as hell IMO.

Zomba13

Anyone know how to get the Fox codename/emblem? I've got the Foxhound codename but not Fox. From what can tell you get Foxhound for perfect stealth but Fox for not getting detected... which to me seem to be the same thing? Would I get Fox if I just kill a guy every mission while being undetected? I just want it for my base emblem.

Also, anyone know if you can get the Outer Heaven logo?

This one:
c6dd220d-c4fc-4d1e-884c-eca8ec9f43bf.jpg

EDIT: Ok, confirming that you get Foxhound for 3 missions with perfect stealth, no kills and Fox for 3 missions perfect stealth 1+ kills.

Griss

That's strange.

I had him on missions fairly quickly. I think I was in the teens.

Wait what?

How?

That's Impossibiru

That's so weird. I got him way before leaving Afghanistan even.

He's still a pup? That's not right.

I think the problem is that I got him slightly late (after Quiet), and since then almost every time I return to MB there's another cutscene. Although I just returned to MB, no cutscene, and still no D-Dog. Who knows what variables it's affected by.

MMarston

Actually you will unlock E45 eventually no matter what, they included a mechanic to prevent it popping ironically enough (in relation to your fears)
To add to that
46 is the true ending and can be done before 45. On that note, 45 is an ending for something else but I'm not gonna spoil it.

jediyoshi

Man, I hate quiet atm. I just got the ability to use her and she never stays close and doesnt scout ever. What's the point? Why would you use her over ddog. His ability to mark most enemies feels essential.

..You manually command her to scout. If you wanted someone who only scouted 100~ meters away from exactly where you are, you'd use ddog. Quiet is for scouting an entire AO before you're anywhere near it so you have an idea of where to approach and where the objective is. Outside of the obvious part where she shoots people with a sniper rifle remotely.

Actually you will unlock E45 eventually no matter what, they included a mechanic to prevent it popping ironically enough (in relation to your fears)

I'm still early in the game, around mission 20, so thanks for being generic.

I'm just a bit confused then. Why do I keep hearing there are steps to unlocking a different ending (path?) through mission 45? If it unlocks anyway, UNLESS you mean the story is altered if I don't take the steps required.

Sigh, I know I am going to be spoiled if I look deeper into this

MMarston

I'm still early in the game, around mission 20, so thanks for being generic.

I'm just a bit confused then. Why do I keep hearing there are steps to unlocking a different ending (path?) through mission 45? If it unlocks anyway, UNLESS you mean the story is altered if I don't take the steps required.

Sigh, I know I am going to be spoiled if I look deeper into this

45 is not a different ending to the entire game. Rather, it's an ending to a certain something in it.

Need some serious help with Side Ops 144. Story spoilers:

Where the hell is the Man of Fire remains? I just wiped this entire base out and have been running around for a good 20 minutes and I cannot find anything. Any advice where to look?

Lmao. Wow. Got it.
Pretty sneaky, bro.

tuxfool

Banned
Quiet-related post-mission 32 spoilers:

(I'm not sure if this cutscene always pops up at that point in the game, so be warned)

Kojima hired a dutch model who speaks english and japanese to dub a supposedly mute character that when finally speaks, speaks in afrikaans. lol

Thats not right.
She speaks to Code Talker in Navajo

16BitNova

46 is the true ending. 45 is just another ending that involves Quiet. If you want to keep her, use the Butterfly emblem (Customize option in your iDroid). Assuming she hasn't already left you. That will keep the mission/side op 150 from even popping up.

So if I were to keep Quiet, i don't get side op 150? Also, generic question but, whats canon here? Her leaving or staying? Or in the end is it all the same?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Any awesome super hidden easter eggs in the game?

And what's this rain scene people talk about, haven't seen that. I feel I've been missing out on cut-scenes. :|

There's a lot of random motherbase scenes like the rain one (which is....ughhhhh) but the triggers seem to be kinda random for a lot of them.

Any awesome super hidden easter eggs in the game?

And what's this rain scene people talk about, haven't seen that. I feel I've been missing out on cut-scenes. :|

The rain scene has Quiet taking off her fishnets and dancing... in the rain. Then, her and BB share an almost-kiss moment. You get lots of gratuitous butt shots, though.

LiamExe

I feel like I might be missing out on a bunch of random cutscenes at Mother Base, because whenever I return all I get is the same cutscene each time I boot up the game, with an adult D-Dog jumping on Big Boss and Ocelot saying he missed him. : (

I'm wondering if it's relating to the fact I don't have my console hooked up to the internet and the time resets on it each time, or if the triggers even work that way for cutscenes.

Episode 45 and Episode 46 are completely separate from each other, you don't have to worry about getting one and missing the other.

You can definitely get both.

Thanks guys.

I am still a bit confused as it seems you can play these last missions out of order even though beating 45 (46?) gives a different ending arc.

Anyway, I guess we can't get into it deeper without spoiling what we're talking about.

It's just good to know I don't "lose" anything but just playing blind and then going back to see a different arc ending

Top Bottom