• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
The rain scene has Quiet taking off her fishnets and dancing... in the rain. Then, her and BB share an almost-kiss moment. You get lots of gratuitous butt shots, though.

Never considered that an easter egg.
Always thought it was an important character scene for both characters, even it did have the gross pandering.

Aselith

Use the idroid to command her.

Yeah but all she does is go to a circle that may not be where you need her and doesn't see shit. She misses so many spots.

Just as an example at this airport she doesn't see jackshit on the left side of the base for and there's no scouting option on that side so I'm completely blind there

3541F545FE6BF68C30F36E0093A7B5381089138D

and all the time she'll miss spots that are in her sightline. It's very frustrating.

Fuck mission 45...Fuck it so god damn much. Why kojima, why are you doing this to me.. I've loved every MGS game prior to this, and it's like you made a game that I'd actively hate with this.

F!ReW!Re

Hey guys,

Just bought the game yesterday evening.
Managed to finish the prologue (which I loved!)

Just now gonna start the real deal.
Just a quick couple of questions:
- I didn't play MGS GZ, how much am I gonna miss out for not having done that/having a save to import? (especially item wise?)
- I've been reading about this online/FOB business. I don't think I want to do that kinda shit (hated dark souls invasions) but what is the concequence of not playing online? Do you miss gear or special items or something?

Mupod

is there a sweet spot to tranquilized those heavy armored guards or is there none?

you can research a glass-penetrating tranq gun...but the research requirements are fucking insane. I doubt I'll ever get it.

My trick for those:
they don't have gas masks or night vision. Smoke and sleep bombs away!

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
(Arm upgrade spoilers)
Hand of Jehuty
is awesome. Just wish it had more range.

is there a sweet spot to tranquilize those heavy armored guards or is there none?
I believe large portions of their legs are still vulnerable. Any area that shows cloth material should be tranq-able.

Still probably best to
Hold Up or CQC
but I do understand the need to attack from a distance.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
To be continued...

That's so fucking dumb. What a way to ruin the pacing.

Yup. Between the opening spoiler credits and to be continued teleports to the helicopter I have no idea what the hell some of the people making this were thinking.

poodpick

Yeah but all she does is go to a circle that may not be where you need her and doesn't see shit. She misses so many spots.

Just as an example at this airport she doesn't see jackshit on the left side of the base for and there's no scouting option on that side so I'm completely blind there

and all the time she'll miss spots that are in her sightline. It's very frustrating.

Use the attack command in the idroid.

KingKong

Fuck mission 45...Fuck it so god damn much. Why kojima, why are you doing this to me.. I've loved every MGS game prior to this, and it's like you made a game that I'd actively hate with this.

What are you having trouble with? Remember to move around inside a lot, dont stick in the open or in one place for too long

Soulflarz

Banned
WELP

(plot chapter 2)
When we talk about the stupidity of what these parasites did, I just laugh. Screw nanomachines, parasites needs to be the new meme.

Palpable

So this just came in. Kojima was kind enough to give me a retweet (for the 1000th time I think).

10421295_10153545722256285_5222892892897172884_n.jpg

11145068_10153545722271285_6604806602462417630_n.jpg

This is the weird part. Batzi wants to buy the arm off of me, but is not willing to make a video of something I already know he's going to do with the half-scale arm anyway. What a tease.

sCIV9m.png

What are you having trouble with? Remember to move around inside a lot, dont stick in the open or in one place for too long

I'm not! God damn lense flare outside makes it hard to even peek outside, and I keep getting blown up by one hit kills. FUCK regenerating health, give me back rations!

pj

Banned
What does Skill: ??? mean exactly? In the field I figure it means it's someone I should extract since they have a skill none of my current people have, but I've seen Skill: ??? with staff members on my Mother Base. Shouldn't it not be unknown if they're working with me?

Palpable

What does Skill: ??? mean exactly? In the field I figure it means it's someone I should extract since they have a skill none of my current people have, but I've seen Skill: ??? with staff members on my Mother Base. Shouldn't it not be unknown if they're working with me?

It means your scanner isn't upgraded enough to see their skill levels. Upgrade the Int. Scope.

Nice one Infinity, wish I could put the Fox logo on my car lol

Why can't you?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
You can S rank both Traitor's Caravan and Metallic Archaea in the exact same way.

For the latter just get on the roof and fire rockets. Call in supply drops when you run out. Boom S rank.

For the former just drive to the airport quickly, sneak when you get close (I only had to tranq a single guard) to trigger the fight, then run back to the roof. What roof you ask? Well guess what Metallic Archaea takes place AT THE AIRPORT! And the place where the truck is parked in Caravan is just a few seconds of sprinting away!

This method works perfectly for the Extreme versions of both of those levels as well.

You will get S rank I promise.

Screw FOB mode. I don't mind losing the occasional guy or supplies, but someone invaded and took ALL of my unprocessed material. Why would it ALL be there? some of it sure, but I don't understand why my lvl 1 Base platform would have all that stuff when I have a lvl 4 one back home.

Grr...

so where are the best places to get mats? I need to start over again, and I had a shitload.

Spoilers regarding unlocking the final missions.

I unlocked Mission 46 but not 45. What do I do? Also unlocked Side Ops 150 to extract Quiet. Which I do first to get the true ending?

You can S rank both Traitor's Caravan and Metallic Archaea in the exact same way.

For the latter just get on the roof and fire rockets. Call in supply drops when you run out. Boom S rank.

For the former just drive to the airport quickly, sneak when you get close (I only had to tranq a single guard) to trigger the fight, then run back to the roof. What roof you ask? Well guess what Metallic Archaea takes place AT THE AIRPORT! And the place where the truck is parked in Caravan is just a few seconds of sprinting away!

This method works perfectly for the Extreme versions of both of those levels as well.

You will get S rank I promise.

It doesn't always work sadly. The AI is a little wonky, so sometimes they actually chase you up there, or move to a place where you can't shoot them. Tee roof is a sound strategy, but be prepared for oddities.

Palpable

Spoilers regarding unlocking the final missions.

I unlocked Mission 46 but not 45. What do I do? Also unlocked Side Ops 150 to extract Quiet. Which I do first to get the true ending?

Side op 150 unlocks 45. 45 is simply the story mission ending for Quiet. 46 has no bearing on it.

Mista

Banned
Currently episode 34 but I came here to talk about how I suffered in 16

My Fulton didn't have the last upgrade nor my rocket launcher had lock-on

I guess you can tell how I suffered and finished the mission after all..

Now tell me guys, how did you finish episode 16?

KingKong

I'm not! God damn lense flare outside makes it hard to even peek outside, and I keep getting blown up by one hit kills. FUCK regenerating health, give me back rations!

Use NVG. Are you wearing the battle dress? I wasnt killed by one shot but I dont think I ever had a direct hit on me

Mission 20 is soooo good. That steadily mounting sense of dread and atmosphere
from the burning corpse pile, to the misty valley, the PT Easter egg (perfect spot for it, especially given the story revelations at the end) and then finally the abandoned factory and the halls inside. The boss fight was pretty cool too, I hope there are a lot of way to beat it. I dumped two water towers on him but that only stunned him and then I finally won when it started to rain lol
. Awesome stuff.

Top Bottom