• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| [EXTREME]

Gui_PT

i sure did!

Sweet!

BRUH, how you get ZZZ underbarrel? bruhhhh

Also, anyone got a rifle that can be converted to ZZZ with a 20+ round clip? I know that one AMR-L 73 NL but its 4k to deploy it.. trying to keep my deployment costs below 5k, or should i just say F### it and just go HAM.

If you get a ZZZ underbarrel it's game over for whoever is invading your base, there's absolutely nothing they can do

Go for the AMR-L 73 NL in my opinion, it's great because you don't have to reload between each shot

Sweet!

If you get a ZZZ underbarrel it's game over for whoever is invading your base, there's absolutely nothing they can do

Go for the AMR-L 73 NL in my opinion, it's great because you don't have to reload between each shot
Yeah ive used the WS so much that whenever i use the AMR-L 73 NL that i stop after each round waiting for the reload, its throwing me off, i need to use it more... :D
From what I've read you develop the Fakel grenade launcher with underbarrel conversion to the smoke branch, which unlocks the sleep variant as the last tier.

welp, im going to enjoy this. JEJEJEJE

Gui_PT

By the way, what's the point of getting a 2nd FOB? Will it allow me to get more than 200 staff on each platform?

Akiller

Aaand mission 46 is done
,and so are the truth tapes.

Kojima, what did you want to express with that? Hmm

Coreda

Does the AM MRS-73 NL grade 7 have 7.62mm round conversion? Using its magazine for a different rifle would be useful, but otherwise the M2000-NL is a keeper.

Currently use a customized UN-ARC grade 3 as a lethal AR with a 40/240 round banana magazine which saves on cost while incorporating features from the higher tiers. Would prefer at times to be able to unequip the primary or secondary weapons and use a single weapon sortie.

no you can't mod it's ammo or clips... can modify more of it than the assault rifle UN NL though, such as a short barrel, reflex sights, 'nade launcher, etc

BadWolf

Just finished watching the Christopher Randolph (Huey) interview, that was fantastic. Really interesting and insightful and just a great discussion on the character in general.

The part at the end where he did a line for Huey and Otacon back to back was too awesome.

NeoGiff

YES! I finally finished all missions with an S-rank and got the Elite trophy. Funnily enough, Phantom Limbs was the mission I left until last, because I wanted to end on an easy note. My proudest moment, however, was this.

hepnmIK.jpg

I managed to both get an S-rank and complete all of the optional objectives in the same run on A Quiet Exit (I used the
Armoured Parasite Suit
). I presume the weird accuracy score is due to Quiet's shots being counted?

Edit: I assume when completing all mission objectives, you actually have to finish the mission for it to count. For example, I can't just rescue random prisoner #5748 and return to ACC, can I?

PartyChan

Edit: I assume when completing all mission objectives, you actually have to finish the mission for it to count. For example, I can't just rescue random prisoner #5748 and return to ACC, can I?

it depends on if you can trigger a checkpoint following completing whichever objective. if so, then yes, you can return to ACC and the game will save it as complete.

if not, you will have to complete the entire mission. i.e. some objectives trigger the end of a mission in which you have to exit the hot zone. therefore, you must finish the mission at that point to trigger a checkpoint.

hope that makes sense. feel free to correct or add.

YES! I finally finished all missions with an S-rank and got the Elite trophy. Funnily enough, Phantom Limbs was the mission I left until last, because I wanted to end on an easy note. My proudest moment, however, was this.

I managed to both get an S-rank and complete all of the optional objectives in the same run on A Quiet Exit (I used the
Armoured Parasite Suit

i thought the
Armoured Parasite Suit
only allowed an 'A' rank or below?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So is this the last metal gear game? Id be surprised if it was but you never know.

Apparently there's a pachinko MGS in the works.
It's definitely the last one authored by Kojima Productions.

KOMANI

KOMANI

Armoured Parasite Suit

Congrats Spiffy

BadWolf

So is this the last metal gear game? Id be surprised if it was but you never know.

It's the last game in Kojima's story and is also the last one to be made by his team before it was disbanded.

Other than that who knows, Konami dragged Silent Hill through the mud for years after Team Silent was no more.

Well I just spent a half hour moving 500 staff manually. Thanks Kojima :p

Still loving the game.

On the bright side this is the only time you'll ever need to do this :p

... and it was sort of optional in the first place.

Coreda

Has this been brought up anywhere?

Konami Discussing Plans for New Metal Gear Solid, Kojima's Involvement Not Addressed, Reports Say

Konami has discussed plans for a new entry in the Metal Gear series, but stopped short of confirming any concrete details. In business publication Nikkei, which was posted online by 2ch and has been translated by Kotaku, an unnamed representative states internal discussions about a new Metal Gear game have begun, and the company is examining plans.

"As the next step in the series, Konami has already resolved to develop a new Metal Gear title. We will be conducting auditions for main staff to lead the development. Interested parties are encouraged to contact us to via the recruitment page of the Konami official website."

NeoGiff

it depends on if you can trigger a checkpoint following completing whichever objective. if so, then yes, you can return to ACC and the game will save it as complete.

if not, you will have to complete the entire mission. i.e. some objectives trigger the end of a mission in which you have to exit the hot zone. therefore, you must finish the mission at that point to trigger a checkpoint.

hope that makes sense. feel free to correct or add.

Excellent, and thanks. I'll try it out today.

i thought the
Armoured Parasite Suit
only allowed an 'A' rank or below?

I read somewhere that it's only the Stealth
Parasite Suit
that restricts you to an A-rank, so I tried out the Armour one and got an S. This is never explained properly in-game, though, and I imagine that mission would have gone a lot more easily for people if it was more commonly known. It becomes trivial because you're literally just running back and forward from tank to tank, fultoning them, and there's nothing they can do because
you're invincible. And Quiet calls in supply drops as usual so you don't need to worry about running out of invincibility
. Ridiculous.

Congrats Spiffy

Thanks, brother.

How loud is your PS4 when playing this game ?

Mine is about to take off especially when I'm in the ACC(helicopter). Is this normal ?
No other game that I have does this (gta5,Bf4,AC:S...).

It's really distracting....

KOMANI

KOMANI
What if... There is SP DLC. And it's an expansion MAP pack. And within those new areas, there are new missions. And the collection of those new missions and maps is Chapter 3.

J.EM1

Mine is about to take off especially when I'm in the ACC(helicopter). Is this normal ?

Seems normal. My PS4 does the same while in the ACC. Thankfully I have headphones to drown out the jet engine noise. :p

Quick

Banned

Mine did the same thing a couple of times, but after a long session. I don't think it specifically started running louder when I was in the ACC though.

I'm getting invaded 6-7 times per day while offline. Seriously, what the fuck is this shit? What happened to the blockade that's meant to go up? Why can I not retaliate against certain failed invaders who stole some security guards?

Nl9b.png

myco666

I only notice the fans when on ACC. When free roaming or doing missions it is as loud as with every other game.

I'm getting invaded 6-7 times per day while offline. Seriously, what the fuck is this shit? What happened to the blockade that's meant to go up? Why can I not retaliate against certain failed invaders who stole some security guards?

Holy shit that's a lot of invaders. On what platform are you on? PS3 or PS4? I still haven't had any invasions on PS4. Do you invade others? How is your security settings?

Ashura_MX

Espionage Rank 278, he must do a lot of infiltrations lvl 52 security from the looks of it.

On PS3 on rank D and below is one inflitration every blue moon.

I only notice the fans when on ACC. When free roaming or doing missions it is as loud as with every other game.

Holy shit that's a lot of invaders. On what platform are you on? PS3 or PS4? I still haven't had any invasions on PS4. Do you invade others? How is your security settings?

PC. Got invaded a bunch of times a few days ago, retaliated against all of them without setting off an alert. Yesterday, got about 5 invasions while offline, no retaliations possible despite some of them being unsuccessful. And today, all those invasions despite not invading anyone since a few days ago. So GJ Konami/KP on this piece of shit system.

JackelZXA

PC. Got invaded a bunch of times a few days ago, retaliated against all of them without setting off an alert. Yesterday, got about 5 invasions while offline, no retaliations possible despite some of them being unsuccessful. And today, all those invasions despite not invading anyone since a few days ago. So GJ Konami/KP on this piece of shit system.

PC Players might be able to use cheat engine to bypass the blockade?

Tenrius

Can I still get GZ unlockables later in the game? I think I got some of them after beating Mission 5 and then I played GZ some more and unlocked some more stuff (Kojima, for instance), but it doesn't seem to be avaiable in TPP even after uploading/downloading save data. Am I screwed?

Gui_PT

Nl9b.png

I think you can't retaliate if the invader didn't cause any alerts

Also, if he causes an alert and kills everyone on the base, you won't be able to either

Does the AM MRS-73 NL grade 7 have 7.62mm round conversion? Using its magazine for a different rifle would be useful, but otherwise the M2000-NL is a keeper.

Currently use a customized UN-ARC grade 3 as a lethal AR with a 40/240 round banana magazine which saves on cost while incorporating features from the higher tiers. Would prefer at times to be able to unequip the primary or secondary weapons and use a single weapon sortie.
Okay so for those who are concerned about deployment costs, I've been trying to save GMP by slimming my loadouts and using CUSTOM weapons with lower tiered base models (if you dont mind slightly lower stats) with upgraded barrels to allow for underbarrel and side attachments (w/better shot grouping or extended range), larger mags, and laser sights... if you dont add an underbarrel or optics the price of deployment WONT go up at all even with those additions. This works for all weapons with multiple tiers.

So far I've optimized the Primary Left side Assault Rifle (80-300GMP total) and the Secondary Left side tranq Pistol. I'm trying to find out the cheapest weapon loadout to have a tranq pistol, rifle/sniper and a DMG weapon to deal with sentries, can be great for singleplayer too if you drop the extras tools and items added for FOB invasions (Noctocyanin/sleep nades/Stun Decoys). I'll post screens as soon as I get a chance.

Is there any internal suppression for rifles and sniper rifles?
yes, eventually you can upgrade a few sniper rifles to NL (non-lethal) tranq dart variants, issue is the low ammo count and reload speed...

Ashura_MX

Okay so for those who are concerned about deployment costs, I've been trying to save GMP by slimming my loadouts and using CUSTOM weapons with lower tiered base models (if you dont mind slightly lower stats) with upgraded barrels to allow for underbarrel and side attachments (w/better shot grouping or extended range), larger mags, and laser sights... if you dont add an underbarrel or optics the price of deployment WONT go up at all even with those additions. This works for all weapons with multiple tiers.

So far I've optimized the Primary Left side Assault Rifle (80-300GMP total) and the Secondary Left side tranq Pistol. I'm trying to find out the cheapest weapon loadout to have a tranq pistol, rifle/sniper and a DMG weapon to deal with sentries, can be great for singleplayer too if you drop the extras tools and items added for FOB invasions (Noctocyanin/sleep nades/Stun Decoys). I'll post screens as soon as I get a chance.

yes, eventually you can upgrade a few sniper rifles to NL (non-lethal) tranq dart variants, issue is the low ammo count and reload speed...

I'm on the other side of the fence, looking for a way to spend GMP / resources haha

Coreda

Okay so for those who are concerned about deployment costs, I've been trying to save GMP by slimming my loadouts and using CUSTOM weapons with lower tiered base models...

if you dont add an underbarrel or optics the price of deployment WONT go up at all even with those additions. This works for all weapons with multiple tiers.

Optics don't add anything to the cost, only weaponized underbarrel attachments from what the deployment cost tab indicates. After looking at the AM MRS-4 (grade 2) again I decided to use that instead both as I rarely engage in firefights and as the specs are comparable to the UN ARC (grade 3) with the same customizations, saving a considerable amount which can be spent on extra items in the default sortie.

Missing only is the Optics 2 slot which is useful for a booster if the Dot Sights are used.

AM MRS-4 (970 GMP):

Previously used UN ARC (2200 GMP):

Also noticed the Dot Sight I has a wider FoV than the Dot Sight II, oddly enough (seen clearly in this Japanese scope guide).

With the M2000-NL the load out comes to 6280 GMP. Not bad.

Using a custom non-lethal Renov it can be reduced to 4240, but the potency of the M2000 is worth the little extra.

There's actually more cutscenes in chapter 2, which is weird when you think about it. (or not, if you really think about it)

yeah, i was just posting in the other thread about how i feel the narrative would have been better served by moving most of the chapter 2 cutscenes to chapter 1, and have chapter 2 be a much shorter epilogue, like PW

JackelZXA

yeah, i was just posting in the other thread about how i feel the narrative would have been better served by moving most of the chapter 2 cutscenes to chapter 1, and have chapter 2 be a much shorter epilogue, like PW

the problem is that so many of the chapter 2 character threads are dependent on skull face being defeated.

I was wondering seeing as Konami in their infinite wisdom decided to move the majority of our resources online, once I sell for instance all my local black carrots, how long does it take for the online quantity to transfer to local storage?

I'm struggling a little with GMP to upgrade things but so many of my resources are locked off from me.

Gui_PT

Feels like it's nearly impossible to invade a high level base non-lethally while extracting soldiers

Is there some kind of non-lethal setup that allows me to pierce that damn armor? Anything besides shotgun. The space you have to shoot at to get a headshot is so small AND the soldier has to be facing you =\

Also I just invaded the same guy twice this morning by accident. Threw all his soldiers into the ocean and took all his resources. Feel bad for only noticing I got him the 2nd time after reaching the core

I was wondering seeing as Konami in their infinite wisdom decided to move the majority of our resources online, once I sell for instance all my local black carrots, how long does it take for the online quantity to transfer to local storage?

I'm struggling a little with GMP to upgrade things but so many of my resources are locked off from me.

What mission are you on? There's a couple of missions you can grind for infinite precious metal. I think 2k PM is worth like 2million gmp

Top Bottom