• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| [EXTREME]

Yes. I haven't tested it but it seems like it happens whenever I have an opening and
he
gets forced out once someone with a higher rating is available.

I just wish I could get rid of a couple really low ranked guys that at this point are just wastes of space.

Switching them out for higher ranking staff is meaningless once you develop everything anyways. I doubt that there's going to be something you'll need Rank 99 for development. Right now, I think the highest Rank needed is 74 for anything.

myco666

Go to FOB Missions, the very first thing that shows up is a list of random players you can invade.

On the right side, you have the information of the player's base: Soldiers, defense level, resources and it says if they have a nuke or not.

just keep refreshing til you find a player with a nuke.

E: But if they've fixed the nuclear equipped targets list, you don't have to search at all now

Refreshing as in closing the FOB mission list and opening it again? Even that didn't work IIRC. But yeah now the nuclear list seems to work. Problem is that everyone is apparently invading people with nukes so no invading for me.

Just got around defending my FOB for the first time. It was really fun actually. The invader spammed the CGM 25 at me from two platforms away and managed to kill me once.

Switching them out for higher ranking staff is meaningless once you develop everything anyways. I doubt that there's going to be something you'll need Rank 99 for development. Right now, I think the highest Rank needed is 74 for anything.

Yeah, I know I just don't like seeing them and being unable to get rid of'em. They're not even "important" characters which is the main annoyance.

Something else that's annoying but for a different reason,
Hideo
disappeared from my staff...

myco666

So after developing everything and having all platforms built there is nothing to use your GMP aside from going to missions and using strikes etc?

Gui_PT

So after developing everything and having all platforms built there is nothing to use your GMP aside from going to missions and using strikes etc?

Well you can have a deployment cost of 100k+ and infiltrate people all day, stealing dozens of containers each time causing you to lose 300k+ every time you infiltrate someone

Ha hahahahahahahaha

=(

myco666

Well you can have a deployment cost of 100k+ and infiltrate people all day, stealing dozens of containers each time causing you to lose 300k+ every time you infiltrate someone

Ha hahahahahahahaha

=(

But if you are succesful don't you get back almost all the GMP you used during the mission?

Gui_PT

But if you are succesful don't you get back almost all the GMP you used during the mission?

Depends, I usually get something like 100k-200k back, but that practically only pays for my deployment and then ~300k from extracting all containers

Really sucks that you get to a point where you have nothing to spend your GMP on

myco666

Depends, I usually get something like 100k-200k back, but that practically only pays for my deployment and then ~300k from extracting all containers

Really sucks that you get to a point where you have nothing to spend your GMP on

Yeah I am already capped and can't accept dispatch mission rewards because of it. Don't even really want to steal others containers since I don't need any resources either. Ehh... maybe I just try stealing those nukes and disarm them.

Gui_PT

Yeah I am already capped and can't accept dispatch mission rewards because of it. Don't even really want to steal others containers since I don't need any resources either. Ehh... maybe I just try stealing those nukes and disarm them.

Yeah pretty much. Either that or try to reach cores undetected if you find that fun

The guy I talked about a few days ago is streaming btw:
http://www.twitch.tv/anto_d_figgle

Solal

I need some help guys as I am stuck right now. I am at mission 45 and the game won't offer me new story missions. Only the ones I already did but at a extreme difficulty level.

I did almost all the Side ops.... The only primary missions I haven't done are the boss battles on extreme mode
(against Quiet, Sahelantropus, the Skulls)

But the game won't give me new story mission... Is this the famous bug that was supposedly fixed? Will I really have to fight the bosses again? (they kick my ass at this difficulty level)

Also, I red here and there that I could change the emblem... but I can't find how to do so... (I guess I am dumb... )

Tx in advance...

myco666

I need some help guys as I am stuck right now. I am at mission 45 and the game won't offer me new story missions. Only the ones I already did but at a extreme difficulty level.

I did almost all the Side ops.... The only primary missions I haven't done are the boss battles on extreme mode
(against Quiet, Sahelantropus, the Skulls)

But the game won't give me new story mission... Is this the famous bug that was supposedly fixed? Will I really have to fight the bosses again? (they kick my ass at this difficulty level)

Also, I red here and there that I could change the emblem... but I can't find how to do so... (I guess I am dumb... )

Tx in advance...

Have you listened all the yellow tapes?

You can customize your emblem when you are in ACC. Open your iDroid and go left and select customize and from there emblem.

Solal

Have you listened all the yellow tapes?

You can customize your emblem when you are in ACC. Open your iDroid and go left and select customize and from there emblem.

Tx mate !

Never listened to the tapes... I don't really fancy Kojima's delirious speeches... I guess I ll have to force myself.

Tx for the explanation about the emblems too. ;-)

BadWolf

Tx mate !

Never listened to the tapes... I don't really fancy Kojima's delirious speeches... I guess I ll have to force myself.

Up to mission
and didn't listen to any tapes? Talk about missing a ton of the story.

A lot, if not the vast majority, of the tapes are excellent. There is really only one or two tapes that are longer explanations (Code Talker) but other than that they are pretty much all conversations between characters (no preaching style speeches) and relate to the story.

Also make sure you listen to the Ground Zeroes tapes as well.

cj_iwakura

Solal

Up to mission
and didn't listen to any tapes? Talk about missing a ton of the story.

A lot, if not the vast majority, of the tapes are excellent. There is really only one or two tapes that are longer explanations (Code Talker) but other than that they are pretty much all conversations between characters (no preaching style speeches) and relate to the story.

Also make sure you listen to the Ground Zeroes tapes as well.

Will do this. tx. ;-)

SJRB

Gold Member

Especially if your playstyle is non-lethal, since developing 90% of the weapons is a waste of time and resources.

I hate how the game has so few non-lethal weapons. The stun assault rifle takes forever to unlock, and requires so many resources on each deployment that I have to actually go out and farm in order to break even.

Ludicrous.

one thing that helps with that is to use level 1 versions of lethal weapons

if you aim for the extremities, namely the legs, you get critical status pretty often compared to actual deaths... makes playing with lethal weapons rather non-lethal

i've been doing that a lot to try lower my demon status since i keep becoming perma-bloody these days lol

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So it's my Birthday today and Kojima got me a cake! That was very cool and can't remember another game where something like this has happened.

Thanks Hideo!

l9MWtja.jpg

BadWolf

I read your thoughts on the ending, and I agreed 100%, especially
on how well Kaz's turnaround was handled. I totally sympathized with him, and it made Big Boss seem more like a dick than anything else could have. Him and Kaz went through all that and BB tossed him aside like refuge.

To hell with him, Diamond Dogs has no need of false heroes.

Yeah, it just felt so much more believable and personal in how it was done.

And your last line is spot on.

Thanks for the vid.

Can't say I agree with him.
To him the game makes Big Boss out to be a hero and not a villain when all is said and done (that is way off imo) and he feels that there should be another game. Imo MGSV closes the loop on the series surprisingly well. There really isn't much left to tell for either Big Boss or Solid Snake.

So it's my Birthday today and Kojima got me a cake! That was very cool and can't remember another game where something like this has happened.

Thanks Hideo!

Happy birthday!

cj_iwakura

So uh, a certain post-game medical platform event...

WTF. Is Snake making up delusions to justify Paz being there? Why was Kaz being so nice to "START TALKING BITCH"? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! I assume she needs to rest before I can show her the rest of the photos...

BadWolf

WTF. Is Snake making up delusions to justify Paz being there? Why was Kaz being so nice to "START TALKING BITCH"? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! I assume she needs to rest before I can show her the rest of the photos...

Keep playing.

Smoking a cigar or two outside would let me show her more photos.

Kindekuma

Banned
I'm burnt out. 123 hours in, 79% completion, and I just don't know if I want to play anymore this year.

I keep trying to complete mission 14's "listen to all interrogations", and basically ANY side objective of that matter is a complete and utter nightmare to do, it's not fun, it's infuriating.

I'm burnt out. 123 hours in, 79% completion, and I just don't know if I want to play anymore this year.

I keep trying to complete mission 14's "listen to all interrogations", and basically ANY side objective of that matter is a complete and utter nightmare to do, it's not fun, it's infuriating.

Have you beaten the game yet? If not, do so to get some final pieces of gear that'll make everything a lot easier. You should be using stealth camo or parasite camo for the conversations.

The best method for 100% is to s rank first, then come back to do the rest after you've developed endgame gear like stealth camo and infinity bandana.

You can actually find it as soon as you get the medical platform. It's tied to the Missing MB Soldier missions.

Gui_PT

Especially if your playstyle is non-lethal, since developing 90% of the weapons is a waste of time and resources.

I hate how the game has so few non-lethal weapons. The stun assault rifle takes forever to unlock, and requires so many resources on each deployment that I have to actually go out and farm in order to break even.

Ludicrous.

There should be more and better non-lethal equipment and it shouldn't take as long to develop imo

Btw, does anyone here use the stun arm for infiltrating FOBs? One full charge of it takes out like 8 soldiers on any story of the base. I took out a soldier at the door to the core of the command platform from the bottom of the base

I should use the arms more, most KOs I do intentionally are with the decoys, I normally take 2 or 3 types of decoys with me.

Did an fob with high level non lethal guards and I think they were immune to sleeping gas? made things a bit harder.

Gui_PT

I should use the arms more, most KOs I do intentionally are with the decoys, I normally take 2 or 3 types of decoys with me.

Did an fob with high level non lethal guards and I think they were immune to sleeping gas? made things a bit harder.

Yeah high level non-lethal guards have gas masks so sleeping gas won't work on them. Learned that the hard way

Try the stun arm, use the full charge and you'll take lots of guys down without being detected. You don't even have to be looking at them.

Akiller

Just developed the
mist parasites
but i can't see the suit avaiable anywhere. Weird, because i remember it popped up on the dev page when i got Code Talker.

how do i unlock the side op to get the
wormhole
?

Gui_PT

Just developed the
mist parasites
but i can't see the suit avaiable anywhere. Weird, because i remember it popped up on the dev page when i got Code Talker.

how do i unlock the side op to get the
wormhole
?

Not sure about the suit but the
wormhole

In order to get it you must beat side op #50 "Capture the Legenday Jackal". This side op only becomes available after completing story mission 31. If it doesn't show up after mission 31 right away it's because only a limited amount of side ops can be active per area at the same time. Just keep doing other side ops and it will show up eventually.

You must then develop it via mother base in your iDroid. Development requires 850,000 GMP and your R&D team + Support Unit must be level 40.

There should be more and better non-lethal equipment and it shouldn't take as long to develop imo

Btw, does anyone here use the stun arm for infiltrating FOBs? One full charge of it takes out like 8 soldiers on any story of the base. I took out a soldier at the door to the core of the command platform from the bottom of the base

Okay so I've been deciding to make my sole FOB infiltration purpose to steal and disarm nukes. (doing it non-lethally to avoid retaliation wormholes)

Great thing is, if you steal a nuke at the command center's first platform ( the last one you get to that contains the core, it's where they always are) even if you steal it and get caught before making it up to the core, you keep the nukes! And as a plus, as long as you dont kill or fulton anyone no Retaliatory wormhole opens.

-Last friday I successfully stole 1 nuke before my own first nuke even finished development. Disarmed it and got a nice 1000+ heroism.
-Yesterday I stole 3 nukes from a platform but got caught, disarmed them for 3000+ heroism.
-Today I just stole 4 nukes from a platform and MADE it to the core! Here's what I discovered:
you only get a few Espionage points for extracting the nukes, lol. but if you make it... you make a TON of Espionage points.

In that above run, I only knocked out 2 guards with a run-up-and-knock-out method, and I bided my time when watching guard patterns, I didnt have to tranq anyone or use any electric decoys, I did use Noctocyanin once though (when i was on the final platform).

Three things of note, do these at night, if you are sneaking to make it around a corner and a guard can KINDA see you, dont stop- keep going- use the repeated dive and crawl thing to get out of line of sight and you'll be fine. And if you get to the 1st platform (where the nukes are) if you steal them, guards close enough will notice but they will kneel down and call CP to go into a search mode, giving you enough time to steal at least 4 nukes before they get down to you to investigate. When this happens, they break their normal patrol route and most head to ground level, allowing you to sneak past them and get to the top of the command platform and get to the core much faster than normal.

Gui_PT, I had never thought of using the stun arm, seems only useful for a few seconds though as another guard will probably discover one of the stunned ones and put the base on search mode. But i will try it instead of the rocket arm to knock guards out around corners, since the stun arm seems to have not height limit, and could make infiltration command platform core's super easy.

Edit: Just saw this... oh so tempting!

Also, for some reason my FOB menu for "Nuclear Equipped Targets" used to only show between 1-4 people to invade, but now for some reason (same time as i got past 300k heroism) now the menu seems to be stacked, packed to the brim.
It's WAY easier to find people with nukes now! :D

myco666

Dez

Fuck Misson 45 and fuck this stupid game, i'm out.

I found it doable when I swallowed my pride and called in a supply drop for the Battle Dress. That saved me from some one hit kills. After that it was just rockets cover and air bombardments, and finally air support to distract the chopper

BadWolf

I found it doable when I swallowed my pride and called in a supply drop for the Battle Dress. That saved me from some one hit kills. After that it was just rockets cover and air bombardments, and finally air support to distract the chopper

Huh? What does calling in a new loadout or equipment have anything to do with pride? It's a normal part of the game.

Top Bottom