• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| [EXTREME]

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I no longer have to permanently rock the Butt Fly emblem?

Apparently. Konami bending to fan demands. Guess they're spooked. Either way, good job. I'm getting her back because seriously fuck that story beat.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Posted the MGO patch notes here

Apparently. Konami bending to fan demands. Guess they're spooked. Either way, good job. I'm getting her back because seriously fuck that story beat.
Good for 'em for listening to the community and improving the game.
Though some reports said that there were reference to
Quiet Reunion
on the game strings since a while ago.

Ban Puncher

I wonder if the new patch will stop
Huey
sneaking back onto my base
and costing an R&D slot.

Go away forever
Huey
, nobody likes you.

Drencrom

TheSeks

Good for 'em for listening to the community and improving the game.
Though some reports said that there were reference to
Quiet Reunion
on the game strings since a while ago.

That string is just
MISSION 11-[REUNION]CLOAKED IN SILENCE

UNIT FUNCTION RESUMED: [R&D: Quiet]

That's literally it. Two strings and bringing something a PC mod (which I could've done) unflagged/dummied out. Like I said, bending to fan demands. I get what they were trying to do, and it was impactful. But this is a game, there's no reason for you to develop that shit only for that exit to waste your GMP.

I almost have enough coins for a second FOB. Hopefully the new items don't need 3 though...

Don't bother with that. Just waste your time doing S-rank hunting in the infamous
Get Code Talker
mission since you can literally get 100+ Soldiers there. Far faster to hunt for S-ranks and boost to 70-ish. I'm feeling like if you get lucky enough you should be able to hit 90 just doing that with the free F.O.B. But I haven't looked into high level stuff since there was no need previously to know.

TheSeks

Huh, there's a "Finish research" timer for the new online-only research timers. NEAT.jpg

Not really NEAT.jpg

So is this confirmed to be an actual "feature" and not something unintended? I don't want ending up with a corrupt save file

It's intended. There's no reason they'd change the strings and allow you to do something PC has been able to do with no save corruption for months now.

Gui_PT

Huh, there's a "Finish research" timer for the new online-only research timers. NEAT.jpg

Not really NEAT.jpg

It's intended. There's no reason they'd change the strings and allow you to do something PC has been able to do with no save corruption for months now.

Considering the mission name changes to '[REUNION] Cloaked in Silence' I would assume it is intented.

Wow they actually did something the players wanted haha

Thanks

BadWolf

Nope.

People had already found mention of said reunion in the game code way back. This was planned from day 0 it seems.

I put together a video showing Quiet
coming back
after today's patch.

ending spoilers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNIfZMGLDFc

one thing interesting is that
I'm not sure exactly how many times you have to replay the mission, or how you need to replay it... I don't think it's simply 7 times because I have seen the [Reunion] mission unlock at different numbers of Replays for different games and people... For example, I just saw another screenshot from someone else show that it unlocked with about a 2040 GMP reward. But, in my video, it never unlocked until it was just a 1020 GMP reward (so, 1 extra replay). I have a video showing that at my 2040 GMP reward Mission 11 was still [Replay] not [Reunion]... Tt had not unlocked for me. This shows that it can unlock at different numbers of Replays, and it may be related not just to Replays but also S Rank Replays or some other factor.

TheSeks

Nope.

People had already found mention of said reunion in the game code way back. This was planned from day 0 it seems.

If it was planned from day 0, there would be no need for them to have patched in a "reunion" mission that is on a former "replay" mission. Zilch, zero, nada.

I'm sure they had "reunion" as a later mission, but with it being removed it wasn't able to be triggered in the flags. So to bend to fans demands, they quickly redid the trigger/flags to make it switch mission 11 from a "replay" into "reunion."

BadWolf

If it was planned from day 0, there would be no need for them to have patched in a "reunion" mission that is on a former "replay" mission. Zilch, zero, nada.

It was planned but not activated for obvious reasons. It's the same exact mission, the title just changes slightly.

There is no actual reunion story-wise, Quiet just leaves.

Well I am on my way to having IR fences with an extra beam. woo!
Everything else is out of my league so far except some unremarkable guns, shouldn't have blown 300 coins on a swimsuit.

It looks like for these online builds you only have to start development with the right level and it'll still keep building if you drop back down, so you can force some levels up temporarily if you're eager, I'm on 82 base development with a single FOB.

Setsuna

Oh sweet new items let me just . . .

yeah that's not happening. I have neither the time, nor the patience to wait 3 days (real time) for a single weapon I wont even use. Who do they think I am?

Level 95 medical required? Is this some sort of experiment Konami is running to see how much they can abuse players before they lose anything? I've been okay with most things FOB related until now. I'm even okay waiting 3 days for it to develop. But now I basically need a second FOB and I just spent the free MB I've accumulated over the weekend on some MGO stuff because I didn't expect there to be anything more in MGSV that'd require it. Now I have to either save up about 800 MB coins (which will take months), buy them, or just accept I don't deserve to unlock the new weapons to screw around with. Unless I'm missing some other way to get MB that I'm clueless about. Since I've been playing on PS4 I might just wait until the game is on a steam sale in the future and use some trainer to circumvent all that nonsense.

myco666

Just invaded someone with a nuke. There was only three guards and it was 1/4. I actually feel bad for him/her. But seriously if you have a nuke why your defense would be so low.

Just invaded someone with a nuke. There was only three guards and it was 1/4. I actually feel bad for him/her. But seriously if you have a nuke why your defense would be so low.

They might be new to the nuke stealing business. Anyway, I found out after decomissioning some that you still get invaders for a while and even though you got rid of the nukes they still spawn in that instance. Not sure how long that lasts for, luckily if you're around to defend you can just fulton your own nukes ( or ghost nukes ) out of reach.

myco666

They might be new to the nuke stealing business. Anyway, I found out after decomissioning some that you still get invaders for a while and even though you got rid of the nukes they still spawn in that instance. Not sure how long that lasts for, luckily if you're around to defend you can just fulton your own nukes ( or ghost nukes ) out of reach.

Yeah I realized that they don't disappear immediately as I had stolen a nuke, disarmed it and the person retaliated and got it back from me.

NeoGiff

Fuck this terrible fucking mission design.

In the mission "The War Economy", I had spent almost 15 minutes (after multiple failed attempts already) waiting for the two idiots to stroll casually around the airport while I performed some lazy and badly designed Assassin's Creed recon on their conversations. After doing this, they headed for the chopper, I extracted both of them, and was about to blow up the chopper for the blueprint when I was spotted and killed. Not only does it kick me back to the very start of the mission, but the optional objective for listening to them didn't even save.

Fuck this game. I'm done.

Edit: I just remembered the existence of the Chicken Hat. I've never used it before in over 100 hours... I guess now is the time.

In the mission "The War Economy", I had spent almost 15 minutes (after multiple failed attempts already) waiting for the two idiots to stroll casually around the airport while I performed some lazy and badly designed Assassin's Creed recon on their conversations. After doing this, they headed for the chopper, I extracted both of them, and was about to blow up the chopper for the blueprint when I was spotted and killed. Not only does it kick me back to the very start of the mission, but the optional objective for listening to them didn't even save.

Edit: I just remembered the existence of the Chicken Hat. I've never used it before in over 100 hours... I guess now is the time.
Here I was thinking I was finally fed up with MGS5 after 45 hours of playing, haha.

I just got to this mission too and had to put the game down. I attempted to do mission 22 (base defense), but after getting killed RIGHT at the end I decided to go back to 21.

I hated to see that security cameras are in this mission, and I didn't really know what the hell I was suppose to be doing anyways. I got the redicted route of the people, but then I got fed of of searching around and dodging all the walkers and just quit.

I'm assuming you already have the S rank, right? If you want to get the S rank out of the way, do it separately I'd say. That one is really simple to get.

Don't forget that if you're just trying to get mission objectives done without worrying about rank, you can use things like
the infinity bandana, stealth camo, and camouflage parasite suit
. They should all make that mission objective a bit easier. Personally I just followed a YouTube guide though and didn't use any of those things (I didn't have them at the time). It was annoying though.

The other thing to remember is that you can come back later to get the extra objectives. You don't have to (and often can't) get them the first time you play through each mission, so don't give yourself a heart attack trying ;)

you could just snipe the main target through a window before the arms dealer even arrives lol

fultoning them is nice too for story reasons but i really wouldn't worry about side objectives while trying to enjoy the story ;p

NeoGiff

Yeah, I already have all S ranks. Getting all tasks on 9 more missions is all I have left to do for the platinum. I managed to do the mission I was complaining about anyway.

Gui_PT

I really doubt it but is there a pistol that would take out a drone in 1 shot?

I have a sub-machine gun for taking out cameras and power supplies but taking drones out becomes a little risky

Yeah, I already have all S ranks. Getting all tasks on 9 more missions is all I have left to do for the platinum. I managed to do the mission I was complaining about anyway.

Just use stealth camo for the mission tasks

E: Apparently having a level 99 Security Team limits your infiltration time to 10 minutes

KOMANI

KOMANI

I know that you completed the task, but for the future, you can listen to all the conversations afar on the rooftop across the helipad.

myco666

I really doubt it but is there a pistol that would take out a drone in 1 shot?

I have a sub-machine gun for taking out cameras and power supplies but taking drones out becomes a little risky

Just use stealth camo for the mission tasks

E: Apparently having a level 99 Security Team limits your infiltration time to 10 minutes

I use silenced Sevral for drones. Destroys them in one shot and no one notices. It is not a pistol though but still.

10 minutes? Wow that is not much. Granted I usually get to the core in 10 minutes if I get lucky but you have to be pretty damn fast if host has 4/4 platforms.

edit.
Could it have been a brand new FOB they bought?

It was only FOB he/she had so it couldn't have been a brand new FOB.

myco666

Oh. I didn't know you could tell how many people have. I haven't done any invading of player FOBs.

When you choose a person to invade you get to choose which FOB you invade. Most of the time people only have one FOB showing up since not that many have bought new one.

KOMANI

KOMANI
But I'm not developing anything besides the stun decoy
and I'm only developing one thing also. I googled the message and found many steam users encountering the same message. That's the result they reached, and I believe them.

Gui_PT

and I'm only developing one thing also. I googled the message and found many steam users encountering the same message. That's the result they reached, and I believe them.

No wait, i'm developing 2 security items. Is this going to be fixed soon? I've reach the GMP cap and would like to develop everything I can while this x10 reward thing for FOBs s going on

myco666

Current event FOB was super easy. Got alert once on 7th platform I invaded back to back and went rather sloppy. Now I have way too much GMP again and nothing to use it for since can't get new FOB for free yet.

They got me hooked man. I need to develop stuff. I need my fix man!

Oh wait? What's the event? Develop items and get what reward?

Some of the requirements for the new stuff is insane - surely less than like 10% of the population will ever touch level 8 items

myco666

Some of the requirements for the new stuff is insane - surely less than like 10% of the population will ever touch level 8 items

From succesful FOB invasions you get 10x multiplier for Resource rewards and double the amount staff you would normally get. Also higher probability to get high ranked staff.

Gui_PT

You get 10x more resources for infiltrating/defending FOBs you twat

E: And what myco said

From succesful FOB invasions you get 10x multiplier for Resource rewards and double the amount staff you would normally get. Also higher probability to get high ranked staff.

Oh nice - that's tempting but at this point I'm rusty enough that I would probably fail all but the easiest fobs lol

Top Bottom