• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| [EXTREME]

I didn't receive daily rewards, plus I can't find a way to access FOB Event Reward (new outfits etc.)

On occasion I've had to completely exit the game and start it all over in order for it to process the daily rewards. And on other occasions I have to actually go complete a mission or something before the reward triggers. Might be worth a try to see if it remedies it for you.

Erigu

I actually just read some guy who had 3 maxed out FOBs with S+(+) only troops and he couldn't reach two of the development requirements.
Hahaha!

Also, I think they've raised the max amount of resources you can have in stock at a given time... and considering how expensive even a second platform is, for the 4th FOB, I guess they kinda had to!

I didn't receive daily rewards
The same thing happened to me after maintenance, today. I can confirm what NoblesseOblige said right above: restarting the game did the trick.

plus I can't find a way to access FOB Event Reward (new outfits etc.)
Same here. I'm not sure those are implemented yet.
(after all, it's "December" content... the new FOB event thing with the Skulls showing up clearly hasn't begun yet, for instance)

KOMANI

KOMANI
Anyone getting a "failed to download downloadable content. Please Download MGSV TPP Update data from PlayStation store"?
I can't access FOBs.

Ludens

Banned
Hahaha!

Also, I think they've raised the max amount of resources you can have in stock at a given time... and considering how expensive even a second platform is, for the 4th FOB, I guess they kinda had to!

The same thing happened to me after maintenance, today. I can confirm what NoblesseOblige said right above: restarting the game did the trick.

Same here. I'm not sure those are implemented yet.
(after all, it's "December" content... the new FOB event thing with the Skulls showing up clearly hasn't begun yet, for instance)

On the official site it's reported new items should be available from today, while the Skull event is "December".

mf.luder

Whoa, this online GMP stuff is really pissing me off.I have millions of GMP (and its maxed out) but apparently its only online. I went to research some things and now I'm bankrupt but still have millions of online GMP.

What are penalties if I keep MB in the red? I don't play SP when compared to MP so does it matter if it just sits in the red?

Oh man, I just got like 50 S rank soldiers from the challenges, then forgot it doesn't auto fire security team, all those duds never got fired for decent soldiers :(

nooooooooooooooooo

cheez124

i hope those new grade 9 weapons don't have ridiculous development costs... wormhole generator in single player would be pretty sweet

that goes for all the higher ranked weapons... i'd love to use them in single player, but the insane costs make them only available to hardcore FOB players. guess i'm gonna have to start playing FOB soon anyway if i want those new uniforms

Oh man, I just got like 50 S rank soldiers from the challenges, then forgot it doesn't auto fire security team, all those duds never got fired for decent soldiers :(

nooooooooooooooooo

WTF

Is that why I keep shitty soldiers despite recruiting better ones? Do you really have to fire them individually before getting new ones? Won't their position be filled by your waiting room staff anyway? God dammit, you'd think the automatic replacement would work flawlessly.

Well the new FOB event changes are a step in the right direction. You get points for completing tasks and they can be exchanged for cosmetics like special emblem pieces, MB colors, weapon colors, camo, etc. But more importantly, you can use them to buy S(+(+)) soldiers. I get shy of 15000 points a successful infiltration where I extract all the troops triggering an alert. However the cost for the S++ are still a little much and they don't give you many. If they halved it I think it'd be perfect. Also if I read correctly the points expire with the event, so if anyone is doing them make sure you spend before the event completes.

DAMN IT, my save file got corrupted as i was about to start building my 4th FOB bases!! It seems I can fix it by changing my save file to another one with similar stats. Does anyone have one they can PM me or share please?

I'm looking for the most recent save file available with the following criteria (which match my last save file before corruption) in order or importance:
-All first 3 FOBs fully built with staff level 95+
-All offline items and weapons developed
-100% ingame completion is optional but a plus

Please PM me as I'd like to get back to playing the game and this save file corruption really has me down, I could really use one if anyone can provide one similar to the above .

Question: I ran out of steam trying to complete the game 100%. I finished around 75%. I have Missions 42, 47, 48, 49, and 50 (all repeat missions) still to do. I also have 21 side Ops less to do. Do you get anything for beating all the side ops or all the repeat missions?

Question: I ran out of steam trying to complete the game 100%. I finished around 75%. I have Missions 42, 47, 48, 49, and 50 (all repeat missions) still to do. I also have 21 side Ops less to do. Do you get anything for beating all the side ops or all the repeat missions?

You get some emblem parts and key items which unlock gear. Off the top of my head the silver camo/arm need you to beat all missions, and gold camo needs S rank of them all. I don't think all side-ops were needed for anything besides emblem parts and a 100% file, though there are a few side-ops that individually grant key items.

yuraya

Yea the new update and all the multipliers are great for this weekend. So many resources and the event points are a great way to grind staff. My base development unit has so many S ranked soldiers that Kaz was placed in the waiting room. Got a good chuckle out of me. I can imagine how pissed he would be :D

Ludens

Banned
Those event points...it's kinda bad. I needed to do several times the same FOB in order to unlock all colors/emblem/outfits. I won't ever use them, but it's just too boring doing the same FOB, even if I take around 2 minutes to do a stealth run, grabbing 4000 points each time and repeat until you have all the points needed.

Hello, MGS posse, primarily those in the UK.

I'm currently in the middle of my third day of streaming for Macmillan (don't worry, it's not continuous, just 12-hour stuff) out of four and I'm about to play MGSV on it for the next few hours and clean up as many side ops as I can until 7pm GMT tonight.

I'm going to be giving away during the three hour period I'm playing the game three Metal Gear packs of swag and stuff, including two copies of TPP on Steam.

If you want to get involved with the giveaway, just be in around chat beginning 5:30pm. I'll be giving away the pack every half hour plus dropping codes for other games in chat inbetween them giveaways.

So watch along here:

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/johnny___cullen

And considering the primary reason as to why I am doing this for four days from this past Thursday until tomorrow night, please consider donating to Macmillan too. Once £500 is raised, I'll give away a collector's edition of StarCraft II: Legacy of the Collection as well. So please, be sure to donate here: http://www.justgiving.com/Cullen-Macmillan

Those event points...it's kinda bad. I needed to do several times the same FOB in order to unlock all colors/emblem/outfits. I won't ever use them, but it's just too boring doing the same FOB, even if I take around 2 minutes to do a stealth run, grabbing 4000 points each time and repeat until you have all the points needed.

if you do all the objective every run:
run around shooting every soldier with the S1000 to stun them, fulton at least 8 of them, and fulton one gun emplacement. you get 12,000 points per run x7 platforms = 4 S++ staff and all the available emblems, colors, and plenty of spare event points for a ton of S staff or some more S+ staff.

Skux

The Base Development platform is the easiest one to farm I think.

Bring a stun rifle, sneak round the outside, then up the ramp of the main platform, fultoning a guy and the AA gun along the way. Easy points.

I need to stop infiltrating of player owned FOBs even if they have hundreds of S++ staff taunting me, I don't like the stress I get from it and even worse if I trip a damn combat alert, more so if a defender shows up like the one I did earlier thinking I was in the clear as I knocked out everyone relevant on the last platform only to be met by the player who was camping by the entrance the whole time and like an idiot I didn't check beforehand with the drug or sonar. Plus he got up from being knocked down from a dive so fast that by the time I got up and turned around he flipped and shot the shit out of me and makes me want to rage.

Are there no resource containers on the current event FOB? I could have sworn there was on the first two I did, but I finished off the rest and none had any.

today was the very first time i got invaded while i was actually playing the game. i've had the game since 9/1. it was actually pretty thrilling. to the point where i think i was major mistake to make FOB perpetual whether the player was online or not. i think it if was more like dark souls it would have been more of an accepted part of the game. instead i think players who really don't play online a lot, like myself, felt like it was forced on us too much and didn't bother (crappy level design aside)

I had to dismiss 2 troops from the unit type I was trying to buy soldiers for before it allowed me to buy them.

I know, I've got space. It's a different error than if you have too many people.

How do I access that custom camera and mine placement mode on FOB? Is the feature not available yet?

You have to research them in the security devices section. They both take three days IIRC.

Okay, so WTH. I got invaded three times in less than four hours, the first defense was successful but then the two after that weren't and no barricades despite my security being in the upper 80s beforehand. I imagine they were retaliations since I can't retaliate back but still, I've never experienced getting hit three times in short order like that. >_<

Last one is a member of the NeoGAF Steam group, hmm...

Okay, so WTH. I got invaded three times in less than four hours, the first defense was successful but then the two after that weren't and no barricades despite my security being in the upper 80s beforehand. I imagine they were retaliations since I can't retaliate back but still, I've never experienced getting hit three times in short order like that. >_<

Last one is a member of the NeoGAF Steam group, hmm...
was it me?lol (ive been back on teh invasion train looking for nukes) and how did you find out who it was, can you pull their steam profiles? neat

was it me?lol (ive been back on teh invasion train looking for nukes) and how did you find out who it was, can you pull their steam profiles? neat

I don't have nukes but yeah I check Steam profiles on invaders, someone with the Steam name GBoon.

I guess at least it gave me the opportunity to cash in some of the staff rewards I got with the update.

to get staff what ive been doing today is going into the FOB tab, flipping to the left (to flip to the last tab) that list contains people who opted into the special list that warns them instantly of invaders, but the downside is they CAN NOT retaliate after they've been invaded.

so what i do is refresh that list looking for bases with high numbers of S++ or S+ soldiers, go in with the S1000 and Uragan-Air, stun everybody and fulton them as i do it. if they come to defend... I jump off the side of the FOB and i get to keep the soldiers i Fulton after they are in the FOB brig for 72 real time hours. If they dont defend, i try to make it to the core, fultoning soldiers as i pass through the platforms (using active decoys to pool staff for ambushing them)... and since the player cant retaliate there's no chance they can get them back before the 72 hours are up. Free soldiers.

to get staff what ive been doing today is going into the FOB tab, flipping to the left (to flip to the last tab) that list contains people who opted into the special list that warns them instantly of invaders, but the downside is they CAN NOT retaliate after they've been invaded.

so what i do is refresh that list looking for bases with high numbers of S++ or S+ soldiers, go in with the S1000 and Uragan-Air, stun everybody and fulton them as i do it. if they come to defend... I jump off the side of the FOB and i get to keep the soldiers i Fulton after they are in the FOB brig for 72 real time hours. If they dont defend, i try to make it to the core, fultoning soldiers as i pass through the platforms (using active decoys to pool staff for ambushing them)... and since the player cant retaliate there's no chance they can get them back before the 72 hours are up. Free soldiers.

Ooooh, that must have been what it was. I hit R2/RT on it earlier and didn't realize that. >_<

Ludens

Banned
if you do all the objective every run:
run around shooting every soldier with the S1000 to stun them, fulton at least 8 of them, and fulton one gun emplacement. you get 12,000 points per run x7 platforms = 4 S++ staff and all the available emblems, colors, and plenty of spare event points for a ton of S staff or some more S+ staff.

Yeah, but I take less time on doing 4 runs under two minutes instead of fultoning each member of the whole Fob.

Coreda

New iDroid all in one time/GMP/Heroism stat UI is... not pleasant. The background fill doesn't match any of the other elements and it's visually distracting. Making it blend in more wouldn't have been that difficult as there was the previous UI to take cues from.

It's actually putting me off from enjoying the game. It's a small gripe yet distracting, and something that has clearly been shoehorned into an harmonious existing UI.

*sigh* Wish Steam had a version rollback feature.

The 4 item development limit is such nonsense when timers are getting into the 10-12 days. You can tell they imposed that limit just to encourage users to spend MB to finish them. I hit the cap in GMP a week ago and still can't use it on anything because I was working on 7+ day developments and I didn't have enough of the right resources to build an FOB strut.

I just got the new update and... Wow that's lots of new stuff going on. All the Challenges? I have about a billion to claim, some exceed what I am allowed to accept etc. Crazy!

New iDroid all in one time/GMP/Heroism stat UI is... not pleasant. The background fill doesn't match any of the other elements and it's visually distracting. Making it blend in more wouldn't have been that difficult as there was the previous UI to take cues from.

It's actually putting me off from enjoying the game. It's a small gripe yet distracting, and something that has clearly been shoehorned into an harmonious existing UI.

*sigh* Wish Steam had a version rollback feature.
yeah i actually like that you can now see both stats, and honestly i dont mind it. it kinda matches the new challenge menu sorta. you can tell the post-dev team is different that the initial design team lol, or they are just nuts lol.

The 4 item development limit is such nonsense when timers are getting into the 10-12 days. You can tell they imposed that limit just to encourage users to spend MB to finish them. I hit the cap in GMP a week ago and still can't use it on anything because I was working on 7+ day developments and I didn't have enough of the right resources to build an FOB strut.

I agree. Ive got so much GMP, nothing to spend it on
so im just farming S++ rank soldiers in the special non-retaliation tab in the meantime. so far ive got 500+ in the Brig FOB, and ive gained like8 levels all across the board from all the instant volunteers you get. once those FOB brig soldiers start to pop in 72 hours, im going to jump REAL high up in staff levels.

also if you see a red contgainer on an FOB steal it. it helps with gaining resources.
I just got the new update and... Wow that's lots of new stuff going on. All the Challenges? I have about a billion to claim, some exceed what I am allowed to accept etc. Crazy!

yeah the sad thing is if i buy 30mill worth of things, its takes it from my online GMP, but the challenges only go to my offline GMP which caps at 5mill. WHAT THE HECK KONAMI.

I dont need the 6-7 mill in GMP ive got waiting from the challenges i have left to accept but id like to accept them at least so i can get rid of that yellow notification by it my OCD is killing me lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Are there no resource containers on the current event FOB? I could have sworn there was on the first two I did, but I finished off the rest and none had any.

There is, but only on certain platforms. Don't bother with them unless you really NEED them. Worry about the points to get the emblem/color/camos.

There is, but only on certain platforms. Don't bother with them unless you really NEED them. Worry about the points to get the emblem/color/camos.

I've already gotten all the camo, emblem, colors. I'm farming points for S++ soldiers but I also really need fuel and common metal to upgrade more of my third FOB. I'll probably try some player FOB invasions though since I wasn't aware there is a non-retaliation tab now.

Setsuna

Why are they giving away all of this stuff all of a sudden? It feels like something big is about to happen

EDIT: Unless these rewards are from an event

Just as a heads up:

Earn the following rewards by logging in on these days.
- Dec. 23, 2015 (Wed): [MB Coins] x30
- Dec. 24, 2015 (Thurs): [Fuel Resources (Processed)] x10000
- Dec. 25, 2015 (Fri): [Common Metals (Processed)] x10000
- Dec. 26, 2015 (Sat): [MB Coins] x60
- Dec. 27, 2015 (Sun): [MB Coins] x60

Coreda

you can tell the post-dev team is different that the initial design team lol, or they are just nuts lol.

The sortie prep and iDroid hover development requirement typeface was also changed.

FiPRebN.jpg

Just terrible. They obviously wanted to add space for an extra digit thanks to crazy FOB item requirements they continue patching in, but rather than increasing the width of the elements they changed the typeface and lost the consistent, original aesthetic.

Top Bottom