• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

Loxley

Yeah seems like this game is being ignored. To me feels like when Demon souls JP got released... in the beginning nobody believed in it...

I can't say I'm surprised since it's a new, unproven IP. When you consider how ludicrous October and November will be with anticipated sequels for established franchises, a lot of people's attention seems to be elsewhere.

Dazzyman

Wasn't Batman the same then it went ape with how good it was?

It's up against a tough time in releases. Its not just my most anticipated tho, it's the wives lol

This game interests me even though I'm not into LOTR at all. Good to hear that it's a standalone story, cuz the movies bore me.

J3ffro

That's a back of the box quote if ever I've seen one.

Perhaps it could lead to a new rating scale. Thanks to the crazy lady in Florida who added a third breast games could be rated 0-3 tits.

This looks like a solid 3 tit game.

edit: And yes, I know it was a scam.

deadfolk

This and Driveclub son.

You know, that is what I've been thinking about. But DC just looks so...sterile. FH2 has that open-world thing going on. And weather at launch. I dunno. I think the reviews will help. I pretty much know what I'm getting with FH2, but this is a bit more of an unknown quantity.

I've watched way too many streams to rembember which one, but I think it was in the machinima one where the player arrives on a caragor, a captain flees because he has a fear of it, then during a next encounter when they clash swords (because he's the bodyguard of the dude you're going after) he says something like "there's no filthy caragor to save you this time !".

I think it was the most obvious I've seen.

now that, sounds fuckin awesome

Kard8p3

It's actually getting hard to concentrate on all of my class work due to my hype for this game..

At least I only have one more day of class before this comes out.

SJRB

Gold Member
do you guys think this game needs a demo for more exposure? i think that would help a lot of people get hyped for it

It's impossible to do a demo for this game without releasing basically the full game.

You can't do a vertical slice with a system as complex as the Nemesis System. That's why every gameplay demo has been 1+ hour long.

It's impossible to do a demo for this game without releasing basically the full game.

You can't do a vertical slice with a system as complex as the Nemesis System. That's why every gameplay demo has been 1+ hour long.

Personally I don't really care about the nemesis system and just want to feel how the game plays on a piecemeal mission. Because even if the overall systems are doing cool things, I still might find the combat uninteresting or bland.

I will also wait for reviews. I'm cautious and unhyped.

Raptor

pl4Jm.gif

whoaduh

I've been trying to talk this game up with my friends for the past couple of weeks and none of them are biting. They either never heard of it before or just know it by name and don't know anything else about it. I send them some videos and gifs but they don't care to watch it. If only IGN had 7 articles a day about it like Destiny has.

tl;dr: I need new friends. PSN: whoaduh

Unity2012

Props for such a nice OT! Great work.

I'm looking forward to playing the full game. I've seen enough gameplay/and read enough to jump in. It'll be interesting-as usual, to see what reviewers have to say.

GeoramA

The only thing holding me back from pre-ordering is I'm not a LotR fan. But open-world action is something I love. Sigh, what to do...

Pudge

Had this game preordered for months. While everyone else was salivating for Destiny and Watch Dogs and all that, I was in the corner silently waiting for Shadow of Mordor. Can't wait to be blown away!

RankFTW

Unconfirmed Member
Right guys I've not been keeping up with this game so I'd like your opinions. I can preorder this right now for 25% off which I'd rather do than buy it on release to save some cash. So what's the general consensus right now on whether it will be good or not? From what I've seen on the OP it looks pretty cool.

Edit: I'm watching that Game24 vid now.

Krakn3Dfx

So reviews Friday then. 25% off coupon code on GMG ends on Friday, so going to have to hope some worthwhile reviews post before that happens so I can snag it for $37.50.

Xeroblade

Right guys I've not been keeping up with this game so I'd like your opinions. I can preorder this right now for 25% off which I'd rather do than buy it on release to save some cash. So what's the general consensus right now on whether it will be good or not? From what I've seen on the OP it looks pretty cool.

Edit: I'm watching that Game24 vid now.

The game looks fantastic but for some reason I have a sick feeling that this will just be nothing more than just cool to look at, I really hope wrong.

Top Bottom