• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mike Pence’s wife attacked a newspaper for ‘promoting homosexuality’ in 1991

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

Vice President Mike Pence's wife once complained that a newspaper was ”promoting homosexuality" by including the number of an LGBT helpline.

The revelations come from a Washington Post profile of the Vice President's wife Karen Pence, who has largely stayed out of the spotlight despite her role as America's Second Lady.

This is fucked up:

In the letter, which the newspaper published, Ms Pence claims that the coverage ”encourages children to think they're gay or lesbian if they have a close relationship with a child of the same sex".

She added: ”I only pray that most parents were able to intercept your article before their children were encouraged to call the Gay/Lesbian Youth Hotline, which encourages them to ‘accept their homosexuality' instead of reassuring them that they are not".

So much hate

Apt101

In Karen Pence's memory is probably a beautiful forbidden love from her youth, one she never could act on and hates herself for. And I bet her lost love was an amazing girl.

RinsFury

Pence has a deep hatred for LGTBQ people, not surprising at all that a woman who would marry that piece of shit feels the same way.

In Karen Pence's memory is probably a beautiful forbidden love from her youth, one she never could act on and hates herself for. And I bet her lost love was an amazing girl.

You know, playing the hypothetical situation game, while fun, really dillutes the conversation.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
It was a letter she wrote 26 years ago. This is framed as some recent public provocation using her new political status as a bully pulpit. Not excusing her comments just sayin.

Was 1991 not in the original thread title?

Wag

guest-closet-closed.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom