• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Milo Yiannopoulos's UC Berkeley speech cancelled due to protests, campus on lockdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwolBro

Banned
1. Targeting a Transgirl for no damn reason. Posting her information and everything to a group of people he whipped up to fight Transpeople.

2. Encouraging people to go after 'SJW' in severe online harassment campaigns.

Tell me how exactly forming witch hunts like these aren't nazish?
1. he posted an article that was already out prior in the own schools newspaper. he brought it up as a point to his argument. he spoke for about 1 min on that and never brought it back up.

2. do you have his actual tweets? the movie was bad, and people were going crazy over people claiming it was bad and making it out to seem like some type of anti-feminist race baiting bullshit when it was just A BAD MOVIE.

I never followed this guy, but from what i read here, and then when i go and actually listen to his talks...... they don't align. He's a troll asshole. I don't see it as a nazi. Maybe he is a nazi, but i'm not seeing it in his apparent outrageous tweets and talks.

Ah… I wish we had more video because this seems they were punching and kicking the car. I would of personally ran threw those people just by irrational fear alone.
They were. They were climbing on it too. Then whoever was driving was probably scared quite a bit and drove off.

Ahhhh. The extreme left showing the extreme right how much better and more extreme they are!

But this thread reminds me of:
SjQclIQ.jpg

Sorry, GAF. Had to. The label "NATSIE"
you read that in Brad Pitt's voice, right?
is losing any OOMPH it had. It's actually tiring to read it and hear it at this point.

And because this is GAF I have to explain before feelings are OUTRAGED TO THE EXTREME: I'm not defending this guy Milo - that's a preemptive "relax, bruh".

Toxi

Banned
I never followed this guy, but from what i read here, and then when i go and actually listen to his talks...... they don't align. He's a troll asshole. I don't see it as a nazi. Maybe he is a nazi, but i'm not seeing it in his apparent outrageous tweets and talks.
He's an anti-semitic cunt and you are doing yourself a disservice by giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I work a block from there - looks like I left for the commute home just before this fired off.

Also looks like several of the storefronts on our block got busted to shit - will have to see if our office got caught in the madness too tomorrow.

Edit: Some pics:

3mBjEaW.png

vPVh6Gk.png

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Ahhhh. The extreme left showing the extreme right how much better and more extreme they are!

is losing any OOMPH it had. It's actually tiring to read it and hear it at this point.

And because this is GAF I have to explain before feelings are OUTRAGED TO THE EXTREME: I'm not defending this guy Milo - that's a preemptive "relax, bruh".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o6-bi3jlxk

Nope not a Nazi, not at all...

theWB27

These posts are as tiring as Nazi

Alavard

1. he posted an article that was already out prior in the own schools newspaper. he brought it up as a point to his argument. he spoke for about 1 min on that and never brought it back up.

2. do you have his actual tweets? the movie was bad, and people were going crazy over people claiming it was bad and making it out to seem like some type of anti-feminist race baiting bullshit when it was just A BAD MOVIE.

He's alt-right, racist, misogynistic, anti-trans, homophobic (despite being gay himself, says he would never hire a gay man), an anti-semite (despite using the excuse that his grandmother was Jewish).

It's not easy to find his tweets because HE WAS BANNED FROM TWITTER BECAUSE OF HIS CONSTANT HARASSMENT

Ok, I'll bite: what can we learn from Milo

Anjelus_

I want to remind idiots in this thread that MLK got shot in the fucking face for being peaceful.

What is your point? That MLK should not have been peaceful because he was assassinated?

MLK Jr. pushed the civil rights generation forward precisely through non-violent protest. But there are people in this thread who would shit talk him if he were around today, which is insane.

B33

Banned

You're either being obtuse or you're ignorant of the "alt-right" and their views. They don't explicitly call themselves Neo-Nazis, but they share the same views as Neo-Nazis.

Chumley

Banned

So then what exactly are you doing? Besides trolling and being unpleasant. Did you mistake this place for The_donald?

fauxtrot

Banned
Proud of all my fellow Northern CA folks that came out to ruin this piece of shit's event.

Y'all have never been around the punk scene if you think ignoring them makes them go away and/or lose their power. White nationalists / Nazis / whatever they want to call themselves spread like a cancer if left alone to feel safe.

Your constant shitposting is getting pretty tiring mate.

PopeReal

You earned your badge bro. I will throw in a limited edition wise middle man top hat. You will look sharp on your soap box.

Toxi

Banned
"Extreme left"? We just saw a white supremacist massacre six people in a Mosque a few days ago. That's the modern "extreme right". An actual "extreme left" to that degree would make these protestors look like kittens. They won't be using pepper spray, they'll be using guns and bombs.

People in the US ain't seen the shit an actual "extreme left" can do and has done in South America.

I can't help but feel like half the responses in this thread are just attempts at shutting down liberal dissent. Pleading with people's good nature long enough for the tanks to come in and roll over them. Talking nicely to people who literally have no moral compunction to not do anything it takes to have their way will never result in anything. The schoolyard bully and his 6 friends won't give up grinding you into the ground because you asked him nicely.

It sucks, but some people only respond to fear of reprisal. These people have already proven time and again that nothing else will stop them.

Sunster

What is your point? That MLK should not have been peaceful because he was assassinated?

MLK Jr. pushed the civil rights generation forward precisely through non-violent protest. But there are people in this thread who would shit talk him if he were around today, which is insane.

You don't know Martin.

Lulubop

It's like you completely missed this post;

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=229554178&postcount=466

Though, you probably didn't and it's more you're just full of shit.

The Kree

Banned

LOL

Jacksinthe;229555920]Oh, sweet!

How about you point out where I defended Milo?

I'll wait, child.

YOU SON OF A BITCH! RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEE!
You think you're clever but in actuality you are just ignorant

fauxtrot

Banned

tumblr_nnipw2TPmn1tspfaho1_400.gif

theWB27

Their point was being peaceful still gets you shot by the racist. Because they're racists.

MLK was not alone in that movement.

“Concerning nonviolence, it is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks.”— Malcolm X

LionPride

Banned

Lol what

SwolBro

Banned
He's alt-right, racist, misogynistic, anti-trans, homophobic (despite being gay himself, says he would never hire a gay man), an anti-semite (despite using the excuse that his grandmother was Jewish).

It's not easy to find his tweets because HE WAS BANNED FROM TWITTER BECAUSE OF HIS CONSTANT HARASSMENT
I don't think any of those things from what i've seen of him. He just pushes back against political correctness and outrage culture. Fuck, outrage culture is even part of a Black Mirror episode..... lets not pretend it's not an issue.

He's a pompous trolling asshole but i don't see him as a nazi and constantly labeling everyone racist and "nazi" is, again, problematic.

Milo is a creep, going to a school and inciting panic over a trans student there is a pretty trashy thing to do.
Echo chamber at it's best. Do people that post this even know what they're talking about?

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
I honestly can't help but kinda of respect in a weird way someone that has the balls to be a troll in real life instead of just online.

Edit: lol
he's a giant douche but there are millions of people that do it online and then hide who they really are in the real world

You know, I'm getting real sick of hatred being normalized online as just "Trolling".

Good. That piece of shit should be absolutely concerned for his safety. This is the correct way of dealing with Nazis

IMG]http://www.bostonglobe.com/rw//Boston/2011-2020/WebGraphics/Metro/BostonGlobe.com/2017/01/20punch/punch.gif[/IMG]

What's amazing is the Nazi was shit-talking peaceful protests. But one punch and he scatters like a rodent.

PopeReal

I don't think any of those things from what i've seen of him. He just pushes back against political correctness and outrage culture. Fuck, outrage culture is even part of a Black Mirror episode..... lets not pretend it's not an issue.

He's a pompous trolling asshole but i don't see him as a nazi and constantly labeling everyone racist and "nazi" is, again, problematic.

Alt right fuckboys are Nazi fuckboys. You are allowed to be fooled but don't expect everyone else to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom