• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
First wall hit at Chapter 18. My team just isn't strong enough. I need to grind 2nd job mats and level my team up because I am getting wrecked right now, ha.

My latest free pull was Metupí. Finally got an archer from the Pact of Truth! Just too bad that he's not elemental (or, you know, S/SS rank).

Soulflarz

Banned
First wall hit at Chapter 18. My team just isn't strong enough. I need to grind 2nd job mats and level my team up because I am getting wrecked right now, ha.

My latest free pull was Metupí. Finally got an archer from the Pact of Truth! Just too bad that he's not elemental (or, you know, S/SS rank).

Enjoy metal zone grinding! :p

zulux21

Enjoy metal zone grinding! :p

I think I over did it with the metal zone grinding....
I had just attempted 20 and died, but was pretty sure I could barely beat it... (one of the bosses killed 4 of my characters unexpectedly)
then they announced the metal zone 4-5 were coming to the arena...
i grinded 6-9 for two days to get metal tickets and then repeatedly did metal zone 5 gaining like 13 levels to most of my characters (some more)
and now chapter 20 is trivial and I don't have to even really pay attention to beat it ><:

at some point I will have to finish the game, but for now my plan is to just repeatedly grind 20 until my main team has all of their moves, using the money to buy jobs for people I don't use just because.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I think I over did it with the metal zone grinding....
I had just attempted 20 and died, but was pretty sure I could barely beat it... (one of the bosses killed 4 of my characters unexpectedly)
then they announced the metal zone 4-5 were coming to the arena...
i grinded 6-9 for two days to get metal tickets and then repeatedly did metal zone 5 gaining like 13 levels to most of my characters (some more)
and now chapter 20 is trivial and I don't have to even really pay attention to beat it ><:

at some point I will have to finish the game, but for now my plan is to just repeatedly grind 20 until my main team has all of their moves, using the money to buy jobs for people I don't use just because.

You can grind for metal tickets??

Hige

You can grind for metal tickets??
The power pyramids in chapter 6 drop them; the best spot is 6-8 because the boss is supposed to have a higher drop rate. Supposedly the drop rate is 10% for regular mobs and 20% for the boss.

Don't waste tickets on metal zone 1 and 2 in the arena since you'll spend about the same amount of stamina in the end. I've had long streaks of no tickets even with treasure hunter, which only adds 25% to the drop rates (multiplicative) anyway.

Hige

I'm at 670 coin pulls and haven't gotten any promo characters since Maralme on pull #331. I get at least 6 of those generic units every 10 pull.

At least I'm almost at the halfway mark! Unfortunately, I didn't maximize my stamina usage this past weekend just because the coin dungeon is starting to feel too long. >_>

zulux21

Lets be honest, they only exist to stall decent rolls from pact of friendship rolls. (I still have yet to get a coin SS)
i've only gotten one coin character and it was an A. she also was my most recent energy roll ><;
The power pyramids in chapter 6 drop them; the best spot is 6-8 because the boss is supposed to have a higher drop rate. Supposedly the drop rate is 10% for regular mobs and 20% for the boss.

Don't waste tickets on metal zone 1 and 2 in the arena since you'll spend about the same amount of stamina in the end. I've had long streaks of no tickets even with treasure hunter, which only adds 25% to the drop rates (multiplicative) anyway.

I personally prefer 6-9... I far to often fail to kill the boss in 6-8 and get nothing from it... though I suppose that was before my recent metal zone grind... so he likely wouldn't live anymore >.>;

I'm at 670 coin pulls and haven't gotten any promo characters since Maralme on pull #331. I get at least 6 of those generic units every 10 pull.

At least I'm almost at the halfway mark! Unfortunately, I didn't maximize my stamina usage this past weekend just because the coin dungeon is starting to feel too long. >_>

I haven't been keeping track, I am likely only at 200-300 pulls... I am at least close to finishing off the bronze monsters though... it's weird doing a 10 pull and seeing only one bronze in a sea of silver.

Folstern

I'm not keeping track of how many pulls I've done but that seems pretty unlucky. I've gotten the two SS characters and an A so far from PoF. I'd say I'm about halfway through too, most Cs around 50%, done all Ds.

Aexact

I'm not keeping track of how many pulls I've done but that seems pretty unlucky. I've gotten the two SS characters and an A so far from PoF. I'd say I'm about halfway through too, most Cs around 50%, done all Ds.
I haven't gotten any yet and I've maxed all my Ds, average for my Cs is about 20%.

I did however pull Jaguna with Energy Rolls.
Twice.

Whoa what's this update, Odin Event?! But I'm not ready oh god Leviathan was already a nightmare.

Visceir

Always thought Odin was lightning element, but the artwork seems to rather hint at it being dark. Guess we're gonna find out soon enough.

Would be fun to put Zenzoze to use with his anti lightning capsules, guess I should level up Ba'gunar too to make sure I have anti-darkness capsules ready as well.

linkent

Where is Bahamut 3rd job :(

Apparently he have death skills too, better prepare death ward in case grace "exploit" is not working as Odin might not be a dragon.

I will be raising Celestial Dragon for Death Ward just in case, lightning capsule will be a good idea too.

Edit: nvm celestial death ward is only for himself :(

Edit2: Gaiga seems to really counter Odin, Death Ward chain for team. Bow to attack spear Odin, anti lighting with Dark damage.

zulux21

Always thought Odin was lightning element, but the artwork seems to rather hint at it being dark. Guess we're gonna find out soon enough.

Would be fun to put Zenzoze to use with his anti lightning capsules, guess I should level up Ba'gunar too to make sure I have anti-darkness capsules ready as well.

hopefully he doesn't absorb darkness, if he does I am likely boned as half of my main team is dark and lightning is the one element I don't have a good character for (as the only decent lightning character I have is the one they give us via story)

Folstern

It seems like Odin is a spear user when he's recruited but his boss info seems to be up for debate. Some are saying he's a dragon, some saying he's a divine beast, bunch of different theories on his element/weapon as a boss. Mistwalker knows how to rile up the base.

linkent

It seems like Odin is a spear user when he's recruited but his boss info seems to be up for debate. Some are saying he's a dragon, some saying he's a divine beast, bunch of different theories on his element/weapon as a boss. Mistwalker knows how to rile up the base.

pretty sure that he can change between spear and caster.
i remember i saw it somewhere that he is a caster but without any element(remedy/healer)
but most likely is remedy with "Death" base skill.

Deitus

Going by this info on terrabahttleforums it is spear all the way and that info seems quite credible to me.

Also 2 new characters got added that we saw in the trailer already, the beastfolk lady and the stonefolk baby.

Interesting. From the look of his skillset, Odin actually might compete with SS mages, in terms of ability to attack entire columns and rows at a time (though his non-row/column abilities still need him to initiate the pincer). That's good because I've still never gotten an SS mage or anyone with comparable abilities (except Bahamut and Leviathan, though I still haven't leveled them up enough to get those abilities).

Though I was hoping for a little more time off before the next event. I spent all of the Leviathan event grinding people up to 65, so I wanted a little bit of downtime to focus on hunting zones, advancing the story, and finally getting Apollo to unlock Rikken's third job (why won't the damn thing drop?!). I've been too busy this week to really get anything done in the game. Oh well, at least I'll be on vacation when the event starts so I'll have more free time.

I do hope I'm prepared to take on Odin though. If the rumors of Odin using death are true, I have no real way to counter that. I might not have been able to finish off Leviathan without the Grace trick, but I doubt Odin is a dragon, so I'll probably have to fight him legit.

Deitus

Wait, Odin is a horse?
latest

I assumed he would be riding on a horse (Sleipnir) like in Final Fantasy games, but why would he be a horse? Odd choice.

Blu(e)

It's caps-sensitive; if you did enter correctly, that sucks.
Copied and pasted exactly from here to there. No go =(.
Are there any differences between counter attacks? Like Bahl has like 3 of them...
I'm sure it just gives more of a chance to go off (in a perfect world all three go off everytime). Her job 3 has a 35% chance but I don't know if that has a damage buff or anything different behind the scenes.

Edit: Oh wow I'm member now.

Aexact

Copied and pasted exactly from here to there. No go =(.

I'm sure it just gives more of a chance to go off (in a perfect world all three go off everytime). Her job 3 has a 35% chance but I don't know if that has a damage buff or anything different behind the scenes.

Edit: Oh wow I'm member now.

Unfortunately, the code expires on the 15th so it's probably no good anymore.

I think it's more that having more then two counterattack abilities gives you the chance to counterattack one attack twice. Though counterattack abilities seems like a pretty lackluster ability at all. I just put them on because it gives me more chances to raise skill proc.

Whoaaaa I drew Yukken!
... Too bad that's not going to help against Odin but yay Yukken!

Hastati

So I stopped playing this about a month after launch because of lack of time, but how's the grind for those of you who've made a lot of progress?

Does it end up just about the same as PAD or other gacha puzzle rpgs? I'm starting to get serious grind fatigue in PAD, and wondering if this game ends up with any other late-game fun things to do outside of rotting your brain.

zulux21

Wish they gave us a week's rest in-between events.
Add in new stuff like the Gormandizer Hunt for rare mats to help out.

really they should have done another bonus event like the tear event inbetween the big recruit ones... but as for a week rest... nah... given the fan base and the number of people reaching the later parts of the game now they should be doing at least one event a week at this time to give people who have beat the game something to do and keep them around instead of having them move onto a new game.

I mean I have been pretty slow and steady since launch and I would guess I am about 3-4 weeks from beating the game just casually playing as I just completed chapter 21 without any problems at all.... and it will likely only get easier as I just grind chapter 20 when I am watching tv shows if I don't have anything better to do :p

Folstern

After looking at Odin, damn, he has some great skills if what they pulled from the data is true. Attack +10% in the chain plus another +5% in adjacent spaces around him? Yes please. Shame his third job isn't the best skillwise.

Visceir

I started out with Kem who is at 47% B and has all the good spear buffs. Haven't gotten a decent spear user since then. The next best spear users are B rank Zenzoze and U'nasag, haha.

Unlike Leviathan I would def like to have Odin in my team.

From the info we have right now I want to have Manmer, Gatz in my team to counter demoralize and bombs. Would be fun to make use of an all bow team with Pahrl and S'naip in there.

I've been keeping all pretty much all my free energy until now, waiting for a Godfest-like event. However, I've already reached Chapter 28, and I don't really see myself playing the game after I beat it unless MW really picks it up event-wise, so I decided to use everything I had to roll.

First, I rolled Pahrl. Then, O'Pari (my first repeat in a PoT :/). But then, I decided to roll 10 times to go faster… And I got 2 SSs (Samantha and Gugba), and Eileen too! I also used 10 energy afterwards and got another SS, Sheena.

My dream of a 6 SS team is finally complete! I already had Jennish, Koko and Amimari. Still, I hope to be able to get Rikken or Yuken, Gaiga (darkness + arrow) and an Ice user, in order to have a perfect team of Sword + Bow + Spear + 3 mages, with representation of the 4 elements… :p

zulux21

So I take it the game is really good...

It's decent, but it's a really good free to play phone/tablet game.

It's biggest issue right now is a lack of content (for a free to play game at least) as it is only going to take around 100 days of casual play (emptying my stamina once a day) to complete the game.

Top Bottom