• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 13: The Show |OT| So good, 2K wishes they were on the biogenesis report

yb1emHu.png

Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC
Developer: Sony Computer Entertainment America, San Diego Studio
Platform: PlayStation®3 (PS3™) and PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita)
Genre: Sports
Release Date: March 5, 2013
Cover Athlete: Andrew McCutchen, outfielder, Pittsburgh Pirates
Players: 1-4 Players online via PlayStation®Network and/or offline
Rating: “E” for Everyone

n5sNPLf.jpg
ShA5l4k.jpg

Over 50 new enhancements:
1. Hitting engine improvements deliver more hit variety than ever before
2. Wider timing window across all difficulty levels
3. Improved ball physics (less ground rule doubles etc.)
4. Over 250 new fielding and running animations
5. Over 90 new batting stances
6. Over 130 batting stance re-captures for players who changed their stances
7. Over 50 new pitching motions
8. Over 60 new HR swings
9. New Defensive Positioning screen, view the whole field and watch your players shift on the fly
10. Franchise Mode: Team specific player valuations, which affect drafting, trades, free agency, etc.
11. Franchise Mode: Projected team budgets and free agents for the upcoming season
12. Franchise Mode: Previous award winners and each team's Hall of Fame members will now be tracked and displayed
13. Franchise Mode: Ticker in Franchise that displays scores, milestones, trades, etc.
14. Franchise Mode: Top 50 Prospect icon, used to indicate the best up-and-coming minor leaguers
15. Franchise Mode: Organizational Depth Chart which displays your starters at each level (AA, AAA and MLB)
16. New CBA "Qualifying Offer" system included
17. 7 New Minor League and Spring Training stadiums
18. On screen Tutorials to help you navigate some of the more complicated screens.
19. New silhouette bat when bunting
20. Back picks while a catcher in RttS
21. Ability to assign swing animations when creating or editing a player... follow through, step in, etc...
22. Big glove for catcher when a knuckle ball pitcher is on the mound
23. Over 500 new presentations
24. Pitcher Energy/Rotations for Online Play Now
25. Mercy Rule for online games
26. Twitter in The Show
27. Ping indicators in online game rooms
28. New online ranked game Play Now flow with game worth
29. New post-game summary screen for all online ranked games
30. Player photos updating with Roster updates
31. In-game simulator when FF to the end of game
32. PCI Appearance - There are 4 alternate PCI appearances
33. Pitcher Batter Analysis will now display 40 instead of 25 pitches
34. New Throwback uniforms
35. More catcher animations on plays at the plate providing more exciting outcomes
36. Enhanced CPU base running. Less predictable and more human like behavior
37. New base running animations "around the bases". Allows for more control of your base runner
38. New Pulse pitching, Meter pitching, and strike zone art
39. New player accessories
40. New online ticker design, more stats and information
41. RTTS infielder’s pickoff request
42. New more interactive user steal system
43. Improved CPU pitcher substitution logic
44. New player card
45. Guess pitch evolution
46. RTTS Removal of the “green-light” system
47. Over 1,000 new RTTS-specific presentations
48. New RTTS user catch option
49. New RTTS On/Off options for ball halo and ball trail
50. Over 15 new batting camera’s and 5 new pitching camera views
More Here

Videos:
TV Commercial
Gameplay- Braves vs. Nationals
The Show Live Mode
Vita Gameplay Trailer
Hitting
Franchise Mode
Road to the Show Mode
New Features
Diamond Dynasty Mode

ytAM8KY.jpg

GqFG72i.jpg

C2tvGYp.jpg

Thread brought to you by:
qpHdtYy.jpg

I'm curious how the visuals are on the Vita version this time around. Native resolution would be nice.

From what I've read, they are improved but I'm not expecting much. They have been really quiet on the Vita version. I'll be getting it either way, I dumped more hours into it than the PS3 version.

I'm curious how the visuals are on the Vita version this time around. Native resolution would be nice.

I have it. The graphics have been marginally improved but there is a different. The ball size in the field has been brought down to a realistic size. The game seems smoother in the two games I've played so far.

There are also a few cutscenes between plays this year that add depth to the experience.

G-Fex

I have it. The graphics have been marginally improved but there is a different. The ball size in the field has been brought down to a realistic size. The game seems smoother in the two games I've played so far.

There are also a few cutscenes between plays this year that add depth to the experience.

so you got it on both systems? Awesome.

Sadly I'll have to wait to about Wednesday to get this but none the less I'll sink many hours, probably more than that Tomb Raider game.

The RttS improvements seem very interesting, I can't wait to get my hands on this.

Been playing a lot of RTTS on PS3. The changes are jarring at first but I've gotten use to them and the new experience is great.

The biggest thing is that sound on the field is important. I had the sound down while listening to podcasts and missed all the calls from coaches and teammates telling me to run/that they have the ball etc.

so you got it on both systems? Awesome.

Sadly I'll have to wait to about Wednesday to get this but none the less I'll sink many hours, probably more than that Tomb Raider game.

Yup. Both systems.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Anybody know if the buy PS3 + buy Vita version for $80 is going on at all retailers again (I know Amazon is doing it) this year? Can't seem to find anything on Gamestop's website :\

G-Fex

Anybody know if the buy PS3 + buy Vita version for $80 is going on at all retailers again (I know Amazon is doing it) this year? Can't seem to find anything on Gamestop's website :\

Really? Hell i'd pay that in a flash if a store was offering that.

Anybody know if the buy PS3 + buy Vita version for $80 is going on at all retailers again (I know Amazon is doing it) this year? Can't seem to find anything on Gamestop's website :

No idea, I've emailed Gamestop last week with no reply. Frankman has said it seems to be a given deal with no advertising. We shall see in a couple days.

TriGen

Looking forward to this. The only game that I currently pick-up annually. Every year since 2006 and I love it. I spend most of my time in RttS personally. Can't wait, I'll probably DD it since Sony is doing that $10 back promo this month. Also, The Show is the only game that I legit play on-and-off for like a year straight so I might be better off without the disc.

Karmum

Banned
I expect solid reviews, but I hardly buy games anymore. Still going to wait for reviews and rent it first from Redbox and hope for a sale in the near future. Started to get into baseball games only in like the past two years, fun as hell.

Only been exposed to the 2K series (never played MLB), and they suck.

G-Fex

Looking forward to this. The only game that I currently pick-up annually. Every year since 2006 and I love it. I spend most of my time in RttS personally. Can't wait, I'll probably DD it since Sony is doing that $10 back promo this month. Also, The Show is the only game that I legit play on-and-off for like a year straight so I might be better off without the disc.

I think I'm going to start that tradition.

While still fishing around for old school older gen baseball games.

TriGen

I expect solid reviews, but I hardly buy games anymore. Still going to wait for reviews and rent it first from Redbox and hope for a sale in the near future. Started to get into baseball games only in like the past two years, fun as hell.

Only been exposed to the 2K series (never played MLB), and they suck.

Yeah, 2K is rough as can be. You'll be blown away by how much better The Show is, I know I was back in 2006. The jump now in 2013 will be massive for you.

Can't wait too pick this one up. Very consistent top quality game. This game coming out every year is it's achilles heel, and PS3 long in the tooth. Fortunately and unfortunately its hard to improve on its gameplay, however its time to kill some of the dead space in the commentary. I don't want them to get rid of Matt, because many years ago that asked fans to send in there name to be put in the game and I don't want too lose my name in the game, if they change announcers. I mean they added thousands of names to the database.

I love The Show but its hard for me to be excited about this title. I'm not floored by the yearly advancements at this point- I think its mainly generational fatigue with sports games more than anything as the same thing happened with NBA 2K for me. I think I'm actually tired of yearly releases of sports games at this point.

I told myself I wouldn't, but I might be convinced to import the Vita version if it has improved visuals and better RTTS.

Hoping to see positive impressions from people on it.

Are there any benefits to getting it through digital download instead of a retail copy? If the load times are better, then I would DD it for sure.

It's probably not going to really start showing the advantages until 2015, 2nd year for the system. I can't wait to see how good it looks though.

Same, it has to be the generation where we see a big improvement in the attention to the audience and crowd animations.

Bog

Junior Ace
It's probably not going to really start showing the advantages until 2015, 2nd year for the system. I can't wait to see how good it looks though.

Yeah, 08 was the first MLB that really took advantage of the hardware.

Did you get a copy? What makes it so much better?
I thought last year's version sucked. The graphics and performance are way better.
Little changes like the throwing meter during fielding are neat. (Unless im crazy and it was there last year). It also helps that my fav team the Jays are really good this year lol

Bog

Junior Ace
Anyone know if the whole "Live" thing synchs with franchise/season mode? I just want to play a season with the real rosters all the way through.

This makes me ecstatic to hear. The Vita version will definitely be my main version, especially with all the traveling I'm doing in April. Will definitely get it digitally and own some faces with my Giants.

Same here, I love playing The Show on Vita. So glad to hear it's improved.

brentech

I platinum'ed the vita version last year. Had a good time with it, being my first baseball game since PS3 Show 08.

Might actually grab this on vita again. Felt like it was a real good portable sport.

I've decided I'm going pitcher completely, love the pitching game especially on broadcast cam. Reminds me of Bases Loaded. Plus I love my SCV and 2SEAM. I wonder if my 2012 Vita pro will transfer to 13?

VanWinkle

Can doctorwho or developmentarrested take some screenshots of the Vita version and post them here? I'm interested in seeing how it looks.

Flunkie

Banned
Can doctorwho or developmentarrested take some screenshots of the Vita version and post them here? I'm interested in seeing how it looks.

Same. And Vita version is still missing features I'm assuming?

I lol'd at the thread title bigtime.

I preordered this. I liked '12 on Vita, but traded it in, as this one will be improved. Very excited!

Also: does the Vita have more features or about the same as last years?

Piggus

Wow the Vita footage looks amazing. If they didn't cut too much I might get it. Never bought a baseball game but I'd love to start somewhere.

Top Bottom