• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
la_g_adrian-gonzalez5_mb_600.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Did Murphy actually get ejected or did he just want to go home and was pretending

I still don't understand why the redsox wanted out of A-gon.

UraMallas

Heart of the order for M's. Here is where we have to start causing trouble. Even if it's just getting Kazmir's pitch count up, they have to disrupt him here.

Edit: Or, they put in Abad.

Syrinx

Did Murphy actually get ejected or did he just want to go home and was pretending

Well he was putting up a disappointing season that year, and I'm pretty sure giving him to the Dodgers was a requirement to dump Crawford and Beckett on them.

JCizzle

Well he was putting up a disappointing season that year, and I'm pretty sure giving him to the Dodgers was a requirement to dump Crawford and Beckett on them.

This. Ridding the corpses of Crawford and Beckett was more than worth losing A-Gon, who was a pretty good guy and not really an issue.

Went out for breakfast (or so I thought) with my fiancee this morning. Got in the car and she surprised me with a pair of tickets to the Cardinal's game today. Fuckig awesome surprise. Anyway, a ~3 hour drive later and we were in STL sitting in our seats and drinking beers.

Was a great game honestly, not necessarily the most well-played, but fun and it was kept close. Minor rain delay was perfect since we were in the nosebleeds and had a canopy that kept 99% of the rain off of us.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

The Dodgers wanted A-Gon for a number of reasons, mainly marketability. Everything else was conditions for taking the other bad contracts the sox had off of them and everything they got in return was just a nice bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom