• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
You can make anyone look dumb by posting an old prospect list.

#6org is still funny because it's still relevant. When they get a different, smarter regime that actually makes good decisions then it will stop being referenced.

Whereas the Braves can always become the Barves, and the Mets can always be the Mest.

Edwardo

I'm fine with him in the booth. I'm not enough of a Facebook mom to get huffy and puffy about someone trying to help his family.

I'm fine with him in the booth too. Especially since he was gone before. But that's really just me missing him being there.

I dunno though. I feel like at some point you need to draw the line. I dont have kids, so this really isnt valid from my pov, but at some point you have to draw the line. The guy had something like 75 incidents involving the police. I get that Jerry wants to help his son, but this guy is a monster.

Sanjuro

I'm fine with him in the booth too. Especially since he was gone before. But that's really just me missing him being there.

I dunno though. I feel like at some point you need to draw the line. I dont have kids, so this really isnt valid from my pov, but at some point you have to draw the line. The guy had something like 75 incidents involving the police. I get that Jerry wants to help his son, but this guy is a monster.

The article even furthers him as a monster. Point with Remy is even if he distanced himself, he would still be getting criticism. He would also still be involved with his granddaughter as well.

CygnusXS

The article even furthers him as a monster. Point with Remy is even if he distanced himself, he would still be getting criticism. He would also still be involved with his granddaughter as well.
My thing is, I feel like it would be better for him and his family to be together and out of the public light during the trial. But I say that as someone who is entirely exogenous to their situation so maybe they would rather act like everything is normal. I can't know. Just seems weird to me.

Sanjuro

My thing is, I feel like it would be better for him and his family to be together and out of the public light during the trial. But I say that as someone who is entirely exogenous to their situation so maybe they would rather act like everything is normal. I can't know. Just seems weird to me.

It's lousy situation, but whatever he and NESN wants to do is fine with me. I don't see the link unless someone is trying to stretch.

Right now we have people threatening to boycott broadcasts if Remy and Sizemore are there opening day. Hard life!

aFIGurANT

It's not directly baseball related, but it's a strong topic around here for the time being.

If anyone wants to read a tragic story, read the Globe's piece on Jared Remy from a couple days ago. Very detailed and on point.

Well I guess the good girl falling for the bad guy thing is very true. I can't imagine how he managed to go through so many women before he settled on the final one. It's a scary exercise in futility really.

cashman

Banned
wheeee

Screen_Shot_2014-03-25_at_7.26.13_AM.png

Enron

Banned
LAKELAND, Fla. — Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez is leaning toward batting B.J. Upton second and Chris Johnson in the cleanup spot when the season begins. He realizes those might be unconventional choices, given Upton’s .184 batting average and .268 on-base percentage last season, and Johnson’s modest 12 home runs.

Fredi pls

CygnusXS

I am enjoying how Fredi has completely abandoned lineup orthodoxy. Thank you based Heyward in leadoff.

I am enjoying how Fredi has completely abandoned lineup orthodoxy. Thank you based Heyward in leadoff.

It always seems to work better when you throw the book out of the window. I remember in Bobby's last season, people were begging him for weeks to put Prado lead-off and Heyward second. He finally did it, and the offense exploded.

BFIB

Damn Fredi, you'd have a better chance with a higher batting average by having the pitcher bat 2nd instead of BJ.

2014 Team and player salaries

1. LA Dodgers $235,295,219
  2. 2. NY Yankees $203,812,506
  3. 3. Philadelphia Phillies $180,052,723
  4. 4. Boston Red Sox $162,817,411
  5. 5. Detroit Tigers $162,228,527
  6. 6. LA Angels $155,692,000
  7. 7. San Francisco Giants $154,185,878
  8. 8. Texas Rangers $136,036,172
  9. 9. Washington Nationals $134,704,437
  10. 10. Toronto Blue Jays $132,628,700
  11. 11. Arizona Diamondbacks $112,688,666
  12. 12. Cincinnati Reds $112,390,772
  13. 13. St. Louis Cardinals $111,020,360
  14. 14. Atlanta Braves $110,897,341
  15. 15. Baltimore Orioles $107,406,623
  16. 16. Milwaukee Brewers $103,844,806
  17. 17. Colorado Rockies $95,832,071
  18. 18. Seattle Mariners $92,081,943
  19. 19. Kansas City Royals $92,034,345
  20. 20. Chicago White Sox $91,159,254
  21. 21. San Diego Padres $90,094,196
  22. 22. NY Mets $89,051,758
  23. 23. Chicago Cubs $89,007,857
  24. 24. Minnesota Twins $85,776,500
  25. 25. Oakland A's $83,401,400
  26. 26. Cleveland Indians $82,534,800
  27. 27. Pittsburgh Pirates $78,111,667
  28. 28. Tampa Bay Rays $77,062,891
  29. 29. Miami Marlins $47,565,400
  30. 30. Houston Astros $44,544,174

http://deadspin.com/2014-payrolls-and-salaries-for-every-mlb-team-1551868969

So ia this big news? Local WalMart had this on the shelf all ready, I didn't even think it had gone gold. Release date at the store is Monday. Is that what we thought? I thought it was a later release date

MickeyPhree

Anyone want to rate my fantasy team I just drafted? 12 team startup roto keeper to dynasty. 1400 innings and 162 games per position.

12 team roto keeper to dynasty R HR RBI SB OBP SLG QS ERA WHIP K OBPA SV+HLD

C Wilin Rosario
1b Eric Hosmer
2b Jose Altuve
SS Hanley Ramirez
3b Evan Longoria
Of X 3 Will Myers, Carlos Gomez, Nelson Cruz
Util X 2 Anthony Rizzo, Khris Davis
Bn AJ Pierznski, Justin Morneau, Brad Miller, George Springer

P X 7 David Price, Sonny Gray, Matt Moore, Alex Cobb, Grant Balfour, Jim Henderson, Dan Strailey
Bn Drew Smyly, Dylan Bundy, James Paxton, Jake Odorizzi, Tyler Clippard, Neal Cotts, Alex Torres, Tanner Scheppers

DL Derek Holland

Parch

Looks like McGowan may end up getting that fifth starters spot. Esmil and J.A. both got blown up for a combined 17 runs.
This is going to be a long season.
Those two clowns better not be in the bullpen.
Blue Jays are going to have some high scoring games. It's going to take some surprising comeback stories for that pitching staff to avoid getting lit up fairly regularly. *sigh*

Blue Jays are going to have some high scoring games. It's going to take some surprising comeback stories for that pitching staff to avoid getting lit up fairly regularly. *sigh*

Happ on the DL and Esmil in the pen. McGowan is the fifth starter.

harSon

Banned
The Pirates extended Marte for 6 years plus two option years, at $31mm guaranteed.

Nice deal.

Our outfield is going to be so fucking nasty once Polanco comes up. We'll literally have an entire outfield consisting of players that can potentially be starting center fielders for many teams in the league.

BFIB

Our outfield is going to be so fucking nasty once Polanco comes up. We'll literally have an entire outfield consisting of players that can potentially be starting center fielders for many teams in the league.

I'm guessing Tabata gets moved at some point. Polanco is going to rake for the Bucs though.

MLB and the Union are supposedly going to agree to a new drug agreement this week.

Under the new terms, a first offense would be 100 games (up from 50 games). A second offense would be 162 games (up from 100 games). A third offense would be a lifetime ban.

Also, it would lower an offense deemed to be accidental use to 25 games and not count towards the "three strikes, you're out" system, much like positive tests for amphetamines are treated. Examples would be the Phillies' Freddy Galvis and the Giants' Guillermo Mota being suspended in 2012. Galvis used a foot cream that contained a banned substance (Clostebol Metabolite) and Mota used a cough syrup while he was sick that contained a banned substance (Clenbuterol).

The new agreement would close a loophole that allowed Alex Rodriguez to make nearly $4 million this season despite being suspended all 162 games. Players are paid on a 183-day scale, so an arbitrator ruled A-Rod was due payment for days he was not suspended, which totalled around $3.8 million of his $25 million salary.

harSon

Banned
I'm guessing Tabata gets moved at some point. Polanco is going to rake for the Bucs though.

Yup, it's already been reported that we're shopping him as well as some of our bullpen depth, since we're stacked at those positions. Polanco is a lock to come up in June, so there's no need to have him, Tabata and Snider.

We desperately need a 1B :|

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I've stopped caring. I just watch the games and sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom