• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rando14

Not really...If we gave him the amount of money he wanted....We wouldn't have been able to afford much else.

I'm confused, I though DP was talking about wishing he still had Cano instead of solarte.

In regards to money and affording anything else, you know that doesn't apply to the Yankees. ;)

Pepiope

I'm confused, I though DP was talking about wishing he still had Cano instead of solarte.

In regards to money and affording anything else, you know that doesn't apply to the Yankees. ;)
Cano is the best 2B in the MLB even with the half assed effort he gives. He's just so talented and has the best swing in baseball.

Also, the Yankees no longer have the biggest payroll in the MLB for a reason. The cap penalties are far greater than they once were.

Branduil

iX5jGymos7IIi.jpg

Pepiope

They're over the luxury tax...
Yeah, but they are trying to get under. The Dodgers have the highest payroll this season. The Yankees have held that spot for the past 15 years, but they don't seem to want it anymore. Paying one player 240 million doesn't help when you want to get under the luxury cap. The Yanks can probably get under when Jeter/A-Rod leave.

rando14

Yeah, but they are trying to get under. The Dodgers have the highest payroll this season. The Yankees have held that spot for the past 15 years, but they don't seem to want it anymore. Paying one player 240 million doesn't help when you want to get under the luxury cap.

Tanaka, Ellsbury, McCann = 155 + 153 + 85 = almost 400 ...

Pepiope

The extra cash they will get from the Japanese tv/merch/ticket sales is the only reason they went over, they were under without him.

If they yankees cheap at this next offseason, they will be under the luxury cap next year.
The only reason they were under is because A-Rod isn't getting his 25 million. I believe he only gets about 3 million this season. If he would just retire with Jeter...That would be great.

rando14

felix is a chill dude

That has nothing to do with paying one player 240 million.

Are you trying to say that they Yankees would have really brought in Cano along with Tanaka, Ellsbury, and McCann?

It has everything to do with the salary cap. Speculation for months was that the Yanks wanted to stay under the cap no matter what this year, then they went and spent 400. They don't seem THAT concerned with the cap

But ultimately our debate doesn't mean much since we don't know what they're thinking up there *shrug*

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Gattis 3-0 count, has no BBs this season. Works it to a 3-2 count, singles. Gattis hates walking.

Malo

Banned
Yeah, but they are trying to get under. The Dodgers have the highest payroll this season. The Yankees have held that spot for the past 15 years, but they don't seem to want it anymore. Paying one player 240 million doesn't help when you want to get under the luxury cap. The Yanks can probably get under when Jeter/A-Rod leave.
They were trying to get under for this season but didn't obviously. The Yankees would have still signed everyone they did this off season minus Beltran if Cano had accepted their offer.

As for trying to get under the luxury tax, I don't see them trying again for at least a couple of seasons. When Tex, CC, and Alex come off the books I see them doing it.

Macattk15

Swinging strike?

It doesnt matter. The ump has been calling pitches that have not been strikes ... strikes. And then calling strikes balls.

He is equally shitty.

The at-bat by Miller was a good indicator. 4th pitch in the at-bat was way the fuck outside but called a strike. 5th pitch w as on the border inside and called a ball.

This ump should be jailed.

Did you complain about the 4th pitch being called a strike since it was a mile outside?

It doesnt matter. The ump has been calling pitches that have not been strikes ... strikes. And then calling strikes balls.

He is equally shitty.

The at-bat by Miller was a good indicator. 4th pitch in the at-bat was way the fuck outside but called a strike. 5th pitch w as on the border inside and called a ball.

Did you complain about the 4th pitch being called a strike since it was a mile outside?

Hmm.

dem titties were nice though.

I'll take them over not sure if he is hustling.

a player that doesn't hustle doesn't put up the kinds of numbers Cano does. that's just more rethoric from frumpy old white men who don't like the new style of play.

Cano is the best 2B in the MLB even with the half assed effort he gives. He's just so talented and has the best swing in baseball.

Also, the Yankees no longer have the biggest payroll in the MLB for a reason. The cap penalties are far greater than they once were.

what exactly would more effort entail?

UraMallas

Nice inning, M's. That's all King Felix needs.
Go ahead and get somoe.

Edit: Holy shit. I forgot I paused the game and thought the 2nd inning just happened. Oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom