• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2017 OT:It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

zulux21

for the record for me.

Dodgers vs astros = ideal series, astros ideally win.

dodgers vs yankees = meh series, dodgers must win.

Cubs vs astros = okay series, astros must win.

cubs vs yankees = FML :/

Happy Cubs got the win but then you realize you face a VERY tough Dodgers team.
xWQdJ_s-200x150.gif

Malo

Banned
Jon Heyman

in quite a quirk, 4 biggest cities in USA are represented in final 4 teams. 1 (NY) plays 4 (Hou), 2 (LA) plays 3 (Chi)

Network execs hard af

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Jon Heyman

in quite a quirk, 4 biggest cities in USA are represented in final 4 teams. 1 (NY) plays 4 (Hou), 2 (LA) plays 3 (Chi)

Network execs hard af
Quirk, sure. I expect parity to go out the window with big market teams acting like small market front offices. The age of the super team is back again.

zulux21

Fair point but still. The middle of that decade was filled with bad world series'

bad for ratings maybe, that was a great series :p

As long as the Astros don't make it, the ratings are going to be bonkers. No one, even in Chicago, is a White Sox fan. No one outside Houston is an Astros fan.

I know it's hard to remember that I am a white sox fan given how often I am rooting for other teams, but I do exist... :(

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
for the record for me.

Dodgers vs astros = ideal series, astros ideally win.

dodgers vs yankees = meh series, dodgers must win.

Cubs vs astros = okay series, astros must win.

cubs vs yankees = FML :/
I am in 100% agreement.

I live in the burbs of Chicago and in one year Cubs fans have become so obnoxious I’m rooting against them.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
As long as the Astros don't make it, the ratings are going to be bonkers. No one, even in Chicago, is a White Sox fan. No one outside Houston is an Astros fan.
White Sox fan here, there are dozens of us.

Josh5890

I am in 100% agreement.

I live in the burbs of Chicago and in one year Cubs fans have become so obnoxious I’m rooting against them.

As a cubs fan who has sat at wrigley in 30 degree cold fricken days back I the day when the crappyteams lost by 8 + runs, I hate those fair weather fans.

dickroach

the 05 Astros were a boring, old, brown NL team.
the 17 Astros are a fun, young, orange AL team.

oh, the Cubs and Dodgers are probably the two most popular teams in the country behind the Yankees
the ratings are gonna be good

there is no way they can bring dusty back next season

he's trash

Jinto

So the 4 teams who made the biggest starting pitcher acquisitions at or around the deadline all advanced.

Astros - Verlander
Cubs - Quintana
Dodgers - Darvish
Yankees - Gray

zulux21

I am in 100% agreement.

I'm a few hours away near madison now, so I haven't really had to deal with much in the way of cubs fans. the only ones I have met here tend to not even know who is on their team at all lol.

it's all packers or badgers here.

it's even hard to find brewers fans :/

Mrbob

It feels a little weird being a fan of a team that plays so many crazy playoff games the last couple years and find a way to win. Usually it's the other team on the field who does this.

The first, second, third, and fourth largest cities in the USA will have their team represented in the championship series'. As such, the ALCS + NLCS may be the most watched championship series in a long time. Baseball commish didn't rig anything

Top Bottom