• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2017 OT:It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

gamz

Did Verlander find the fountain of youth again? Ripping 97 mph fastballs out there.

Probably hard to hold off on that 88 mph change with a 95+ fastball.

And he REALLY wanted to come to the Cubs. Wish we had him now. He's better then I thought he'd be.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I haven't watched regularly in years but good lord does everyone throw a billion breaking balls now.

Joe

Through 15 innings the Yankees have been only slightly less effective than Houston. The Astros have just looked a lot more graceful in the process.

Through 15 innings the Yankees have been only slightly less effective than Houston. The Astros have just looked a lot more graceful in the process.
Biggest difference is the Astros are putting it in play. Eventually making contact with be the difference. Like right there.

JambiBum

That's the biggest difference I think. The Yankees are swinging at some bad pitches so they look a lot worse, but it's not like the Astros are killing the ball either. They got a string of hits in one inning yesterday and got a homer that barely cleared the wall today. Besides Altuve they haven't looked that much better.

Toth

I know Verlander is excellent but I can't just help but feel the problem is more on the Yankees going wild at the plate tonight than him being on the ball.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean Verlander is dealing but the Yankees are swinging at basically anything and everything too.

A ton of these K's are on balls a foot off the plate or at the letters.

Top Bottom