• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2017 OT:It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

gamz

"The Nationals say Dusty misspoke, Strasburg threw a bullpen yesterday. But he is under the weather and his endurance is down."

"Dusty says Strasburg feeling a little "under the weather." So are other members of Nats. #NLDS #Cubs"

It's the playoffs and an elimination game. Give him some chicken soup and put him on the mound. The Nationals are a soft team and Dusty is one of the most overrated managers ever...and this is coming from someone who doesn't give a flying fuck about the Nationals.

Sanjuro

Don't let the pizza hit you on the way out, John.

AsqAq8N.gif

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Strasburg was probably just trying to play hookie from work but got caught. Amateur.

Mrbob

You know how this goes today. Stras is a hero who goes 8 scoreless innings while sick and pushes this series to five, or he gets crushed for 10 runs in two innings.

Beckx

You know how this goes today. Stras is a hero who goes 8 scoreless innings while sick and pushes this series to five, or he gets crushed for 10 runs in two innings.

or, if it follows the series to date, he would go 8 scoreless, except a fielder is hit by lightning in the 5th, causing him to misplay a ball allowing the Cubs to win.

Joe

I am OK if the peak of the 2017 Yankees season is forcing a Game 5 in the Division Series against the Cleveland Indians.

They can win tonight but it'll be tough. If they commit no errors, issue minimal walks, and catch a lucky break then they have a shot.

Sanjuro

Explain to an outsider why he's so bad. Because when I see a manager winning the division 3 times in 5 seasons, with one of those being a World Series win, I don't get it.
He isn't a very good in game manager. Something he has actually publically admitted to.

Managed the team to two of their worst seasons in franchise history.

Is absolutely dreadful with the media.

Players don't like him.

Bungled just about every bs clubhouse/PR issue (Eckersley was a big one)

Job was supposed to go to Lovullo. Cancer and Ortiz's farewell tour nixed that.

...I can keep going on.

mjp2417

Banned
Explain to an outsider why he's so bad. Because when I see a manager winning the division 3 times in 5 seasons, with one of those being a World Series win, I don't get it.

Not a Red Sox fan, but there have now been four full intervening seasons since the title season. Consecutive last place finishes, a season where they were swept in the first round, and a season in which they entered as among the title favorites only to underachieve all year and go out weakly in the first round again. That's not even touching on all the baffling in-game managerial decisions, or the indications that the locker room is kind of a mess.

Tall4Life

After winning the world series, we placed last in our division twice. The past two years, we won our division, but we got swept in the first round last year and only won one game this year. Has like a .536 record with the Sox.

Mrbob

I am OK if the peak of the 2017 Yankees season is forcing a Game 5 in the Division Series against the Cleveland Indians.

They can win tonight but it'll be tough. If they commit no errors, issue minimal walks, and catch a lucky break then they have a shot.
Your manager has made your team have to win 4 games in this series.

Joe

Your manager has made your team have to win 4 games in this series.
That mistake was awful but personally I can let it slide because I think he's still a good manager overall.

If Yanks lose I wouldn't fire him but I would also understand if they don't resign him because players or management lost trust in him.

Girardi will have no trouble finding a high-level MLB job next year if he doesn't come back to the Yankees and still wants to work.

Marz

Judge and Sanchez have to hit bombs tonight, I dont see Kluber having two bad starts in a row.

CC also has to have a really short leash...if he gets into trouble in the 5th pull him.

Top Bottom