• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB World Series 2015 |OT| Disrupting the time continuum

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Sign me up! Stick to an automated system and we likely remove 95% of the bad calls. There will always be some margin of error, but I'll take it.

I've waffled on robo umps for a while because of pitch framing, but I definitely have fallen hard on the affirmative side this year. I think it's the fact that it penalizes the best hitters most strongly which cements it for me. When a system hurts someone for being good at their job, it's a bad system.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Robot Umps are a good idea, until a manager gets mad at a call and the robot starts firing his lasers at him

Next thing you know, we're all slaves to the robots.

3N16MA

Banned
Don't know a whole lot about him, but he exudes kind of a brash Bryce-Harper-ness (without the elite talent). And his hair style is every bit as douchey as Harper's. Doesn't really scream "humble team leader face of franchise" like guys like Wright or Kris Bryant do.

But I guess if this is all we can come up with for reasons the Royals are unlikable, we're grasping at straws.

Harper has great hair and a strong beard. I hope the Yanks get rid of their dumb no beard rule when Harper arrives.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Not over till it's over. Someone get Murphy a live chicken so he can make things right with Jobu.

Fuck that he got lucky he's a piece of shit.

iH2UAsmQHgx8w.gif

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
From now on the Royals have been re-named to the bitches because that's what they are a bunch of fucking bitches. I didn't wait 9 years to watch this shit.

At least the barfs,skankees,and philities aren't in the series.

ISOM

It's funny seeing Mets fan complain that the Blue Jays didn't beat the Royals so that they would have the easier matchup. It would funny if it's wasn't so shameful.

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
The royals aka bitches. Aren't going to be nickel and diming the mets at citi . The bitches play like fucking pansies. chicken shit players and there chicken legs.

the DH is great. watching pitchers bat is not fun, and all the "strategy" involved really just amounts to boring pitching changes and commercial breaks."it's part of the game" is not an argument.

You have to let this Hosmer thing go. Everyone in the league loves Hosmer. He's a class act, team player, gold glover, and has blossomed as a hitter.

He also doesn't have any issues with gay people, just FYI.

i don't know if hosmer is a bad guy, but all the stuff you listed is meaningless. tons of players have fit those descriptions and still been awful people.

none of us have any real knowledge of what kind of person he is.

Well... The Jays definitely had a good run. It was fun while it lasted.

I get that Shapiro might want to clean house but the Jays turned it around before his official start on November 1st. Maybe just see how things play out first? If the Jays shit the bed under the new regime, Shapiro is going to be hated by the city.

The "Schwarber Rule" will be coming to the NL park near you hopefully by 2017.

There's zero chance the DH will be in the NL by 2017. If it's even on the agenda at the next CBA renegotiation, it'll be a slow implemention and not all at once. One year, DH in all interleague games regardless of location. The next, DH in all WS games. After a couple, then it'll be in every NL game

Cubs should trade him while his value is at an all time high before his bat is exposed during a sophomore slump or if he gets injured running around in the outfield (and let's face it, with his build and the way he plays outfield this is an inevitability)

There's zero chance the DH will be in the NL by 2017. If it's even on the agenda at the next CBA renegotiation, it'll be a slow implemention and not all at once. One year, DH in all interleague games regardless of location. The next, DH in all WS games.

Cubs should trade him while his value is at an all time high before his bat is exposed during a sophomore slump or if he gets injured running around in the outfield (and let's face it, with his build and the way he plays outfield this is an inevitability)
Nah he's going to be a Cub unless someone blows us away ala Sonny Gray. If he can be at least a marginal defender his bat will make up for it being below average in LF/C. It's not like he played like a whole season in LF.

Nah he's going to be a Cub unless someone blows us away ala Sonny Gray. If he can be at least a marginal defender his bat will make up for it being below average in LF/C. It's not like he played like a whole season in LF.

I definitely think he'll be a Cub too based on what Theo has said, but I think the best move for yall would be to trade Schwarber for young, cost-controlled pitching and then sign Heyward (or Upton or other outfielder) instead of keeping Schwarber and signing an old pitcher for probably the same AAV as Heyward or whatever outfielder

Though if the Dodgers and Yankees get in on Heyward Cubs might not be able to afford him

I almost expect a Gibbons firing at this rate as a reward from Shapiro for making the playoffs. Don't blame AA though for leaving, Shapiro sounds like a real piece of work. Hasn't even started the job yet and the city hates him

Yeah, I don't blame Alex for getting out if Shapiro got on his case about the trades. They made the team better and they proved it on the field.

It's strange to see a change of guard when a team sees a level of success like the Jays' had but I guess the plans were made when the Jays were still around .500.

mdubs

Banned
Yeah, I don't blame Alex for getting out if Shapiro got on his case about the trades. They made the team better and they proved it on the field.

It's strange to see a change of guard when a team sees a level of success like the Jays' had but I guess the plans were made when the Jays were still around .500.

Considering how long Shapiro dithered on whether to get rid of Chief Wahoo, somehow it's not surprising that optics aren't his strong suit here either

Joei

I get that Shapiro might want to clean house but the Jays turned it around before his official start on November 1st. Maybe just see how things play out first? If the Jays shit the bed under the new regime, Shapiro is going to be hated by the city.

Eh, he'll be used to it. I, for one, couldn't stand him over here in Cleveland.

Clockwork5

i don't know if hosmer is a bad guy, but all the stuff you listed is meaningless. tons of players have fit those descriptions and still been awful people.

none of us have any real knowledge of what kind of person he is.

He spends a good amount of time hosting charity events and every time I have met him he seems like a really decent dude. But yeah, I wouldn't like him either if he beat up on my favorite team.

zroid

Banned
man this is pretty fucked

really casts a terrible light on Rogers

I can live with GM turnover, even though AA was great, but the one thing you don't want is the owner to be a twat

Hmmm. I'm not sure what to make of the AA news. Even with this year, his record was mixed - perhaps it is a case of him wanting an increase in control that Rogers didn't think he'd earned. Or, and sadly this is I think closer to reality, AA wanted to grow the payroll, and Rogers wanted to reduce it while they upgrade the Dome.

If it is something closer to the latter, I think Rogers is underestimating how quickly the interest in the Jays will switch to cynicism and apathy.

lupinko

Hmmm. I'm not sure what to make of the AA news. Even with this year, his record was mixed - perhaps it is a case of him wanting an increase in control that Rogers didn't think he'd earned. Or, and sadly this is I think closer to reality, AA wanted to grow the payroll, and Rogers wanted to reduce it while they upgrade the Dome.

If it is something closer to the latter, I think Rogers is underestimating how quickly the interest in the Jays will switch to cynicism and apathy.

Doesn't surprise me, where the Jays are right now, they should continue spending more money.

If I was with you guys in JaysGAF, I'd feel ultra shitty right now.

But I'll only go as far as LeafsGAF who I want to be completely terrible.

After this, looking like with Rogers and Shapiro, the Jays will never be royals
Royals

Malo

Banned
I'm going to make an MLB off season thread but I need a Title

Ideas???
MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI The Price is Right
MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie
MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Canada will be back after the Stanley Cup

Jello was supposed to make it but Idk what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom