• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB World Series 2015 |OT| Disrupting the time continuum

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
'86 lost game 1 (by one run) and game 2 (by six runs). Mets just want to pay tribute to the '86 team by following in their footsteps.

jman2050

I don't believe that AA is some wizard GM that necessarily should have been kept at all costs. He's made as many mistakes as he has hits, and even for this year I still don't like the Tulo trade. But he's made good moves regardless and he just successfully completed a win-now playoff push that could just as easily have resulted in a World Series berth. The timing, considering that, seems highly unfortunate.

Shapiro was a decent enough GM though, so the Jays should be fine in the near future. What happens a few years later when they have zero prospects to work with will be another story.

prag16

Banned
Great article on the Royals:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-new-york-mets-san-francisco-giants/74711360/

Don't think the Mets have a chance. Royals are fired up and want it BAD.

Meaningless puff piece. The content discussed in that article forced Familia to do that ill advised quick pitch and hang a sinker that didn't sink right down the middle? Totally different series otherwise.

Not to take anything away from the Royals, but this doesn't have any bearing on whether or not the Mets still have a chance.

(Yes, I'm a butthurt Mets fan, full disclosure.)

'86 lost game 1 (by one run) and game 2 (by six runs). Mets just want to pay tribute to the '86 team by following in their footsteps.

Sounding likes Jays fans when it game to their prediction of beating us as well.

Not saying its not possible but using games from 30 years ago with entirely different players and coaches to predict a win is just silly. And I love me some mojo.

prag16

Banned
Sounding likes Jays fans when it game to their prediction of beating us as well.

Not saying its not possible but using games from 30 years ago with entirely different players and coaches to predict a win is just silly. And I love me some mojo.
I don't think he's seriously trying to put this forth as legitimate evidence that the Mets have the Royals right where they want them.

RBH

The royals aka bitches. Aren't going to be nickel and diming the mets at citi . The bitches play like fucking pansies. chicken shit players and there chicken legs.

I'm so happy that Qwerty is back on GAF. :')

Now we just need CajoleJuice!

image.php

zroid

Banned
Gold glove finalists announced:

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/155895822/gold-glove-award-finalists-announced

4 Royals on there, 3 of which are defending. I'd be surprised if Gordon got it again after his time out for injury, but I'm thinking Escobar has a pretty good chance. He's great. Perez, naturally. We'll see for Hosmer.

Gordo has a good chance frankly because the LF position was really unsettled throughout the AL. Cespedes only played in the AL for half a season and... I mean... Gardner? I guess it's possible.

they need to go back to awarding it to the three best outfielders

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Why not? The offseason has begun for 28 teams. Obviously, there is offseason discussion to be had, as today's news demonstrates.
Well, not really. It's also not typically how baseball GAF works. But it's not something worth getting bent out of shape about.

What y'all think of Donnie going to Miami?

I think it was an okay hire to be honest. I don't think hiring a "big name" manager is going to be the move that make the Marlins a playoff team. Plus, Mattingly was Loria's guy, and speaking from experience when Loria thinks something is is a good idea, it usually tends to be a bad one. I'm also a little disappointed that they hired the a guy who doesn't care that much about analytics, after the front office claimed they were going to focus more on analytics moving forward.

However, I will say that I like Mattingly's ability to connect to players and control a clubhouse. The Marlins definitely had some clubhouse issues the first couple of months last year, so hopefully he will be able to maintain good chemistry. Also, there is a rumor that Mattingly wants to bring Davy Lopes and Rick Honeycutt with him, both of witch would be nice additions to the coaching staff. I think a guy like Lopes could improve some of the base running issues the Marlins had last season.

Jerm411

Great first couple of games...relieved and ecstatic we held serve at home.

Still a lot of baseball to go, be happy to take 1 in NY...need a big start from Ace tomorrow night.

i don't know if hosmer is a bad guy, but all the stuff you listed is meaningless. tons of players have fit those descriptions and still been awful people.

none of us have any real knowledge of what kind of person he is.

Right. So why are people insisting he's a douche? He's done nothing to deserve that label.

4 Royals on there, 3 of which are defending. I'd be surprised if Gordon got it again after his time out for injury, but I'm thinking Escobar has a pretty good chance. He's great. Perez, naturally. We'll see for Hosmer.

Trout over Cain in center field is a joke. Look up their defensive WAR. Even though Cain wasn't as amazing as last year, he was a lot better than Trout in center.

The only award snub more laughable than that was picking Andrew Miller of the Yankees as the AL Reliever of the Year. Any award titled for best reliever is an automatic win for Wade Davis this year. It's so lopsided, it's laughable, but it goes to show you they are overvaluing saves over anything else. Davis didn't slide into the closer spot until late this season when Holland went out with an injury.

Miller: 2.04 ERA, 2.2 WAR, 60 appearances, 246 batters faced, 36 saves, 2 blown saves, 61.2 inning pitched, 5 HRs, 20 BBs, 100 strike outs, 0.859 WHIP

Davis: 0.94 ERA, 3.4 WAR, 69 appearances, 251 batters faced, 17 saves, 1 blown save, 67.1 innings pitched, 3 HRs, 20 BBs, 78 strike outs, 0.787 WHIP

Do people realize that Wade Davis has posted two back to back seasons under 1.00 ERA? Sit down, MLB, you are drunk. Consolation prize is he might win a World Series ring.

At least for the NBA and NFL GAF crowds, it's pretty typical to start an offseason thread the minute the playoffs start. I don't care for it personally, but a lot of people like to start talking about topics that don't fit into the World Series theme (at least two manager/GM discussions in the last two pages, for example).

Fuck 2014 World Series MadBum, tbh. He was too good and eliminated a possible back to back champion Royals. I was mad and amazed at the same time.

Fuck 2014 World Series MadBum, tbh. He was too good and eliminated a possible back to back champion Royals. I was mad and amazed at the same time.

Chill man. At least you guys came back to the series and on the verge of taking it. Most teams that get knocked out of the WS just fade away.

JDHarbs

Cain missing from the Gold Glove finalists once again.

Gordon is great, but he missed so much time from injury this year, I'd have put Cain there instead.

jman2050

The only award snub more laughable than that was picking Andrew Miller of the Yankees as the AL Reliever of the Year. Any award titled for best reliever is an automatic win for Wade Davis this year. It's so lopsided, it's laughable, but it goes to show you they are overvaluing saves over anything else. Davis didn't slide into the closer spot until late this season when Holland went out with an injury.

Miller: 2.04 ERA, 2.2 WAR, 60 appearances, 246 batters faced, 36 saves, 2 blown saves, 61.2 inning pitched, 5 HRs, 20 BBs, 100 strike outs, 0.859 WHIP

Davis: 0.94 ERA, 3.4 WAR, 69 appearances, 251 batters faced, 17 saves, 1 blown save, 67.1 innings pitched, 3 HRs, 20 BBs, 78 strike outs, 0.787 WHIP

Do people realize that Wade Davis has posted two back to back seasons under 1.00 ERA? Sit down, MLB, you are drunk. Consolation prize is he might win a World Series ring.

Even if someone believes Davis isn't the best reliever (he is), they picked the wrong Yankee anyway. Betances had a way more impressive season than Miller did. 84 IP and 131 strikeouts from a shutdown reliever is nothing to sneeze at.

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
Royals fucking suck ass there going to get their asses reamed at citi field. Bunch of fucking bums they look like a bunch of fucking goats.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Keuchel, Castro and Altive? Coo.

I can see Keuchel being the only Astro winning it.
MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI The Price is Right
MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie
MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Canada will be back after the Stanley Cup

Jello was supposed to make it but Idk what happened.

I couldn't think of a clever title ;_;

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
Royals aka The bitches are the laughing stock of baseball the supriour team the Mets are going to fuck shit up tomorrow you'll see.

Malo

Banned
Right. So why are people insisting he's a douche? He's done nothing to deserve that label.

Trout over Cain in center field is a joke. Look up their defensive WAR. Even though Cain wasn't as amazing as last year, he was a lot better than Trout in center.

Miller wasn't even the best reliever on his team. Oh, and Betances > Davis

They're both equally as good and an argument can be made for either.

prag16

Banned
Can't wait. Your shtick isn't getting even remotely old.

This poster is epic. Even if the Royals ultimately sweep the Mets, he will maintain that the Royals are a bunch of no talent thundering fucks, and it will be glorious.

It will take my mind of the misery of Mets failure.

That said, I've backed off from the ledge a little bit. Shit isn't real until somebody loses a home game, and I said the same thing when the Mets went up 2-0 on the Cubs. In Thor we trust.

Miller wasn't even the best reliever on his team. Oh, and Betances > Davis

They're both equally as good and an argument can be made for either.

I'm okay with that. I think Wade Davis is better, but they're at least closer statistically. Miller makes no sense, and shows a preference for saves over talented pitching. If either Davis or Betances closed all season, they would easily pick up as many or more saves.

This poster is epic. Even if the Royals ultimately sweep the Mets, he will maintain that the Royals are a bunch of no talent thundering fucks, and it will be glorious.

That said, I've backed off from the ledge a little bit. Shit isn't real until somebody loses a home game, and I said the same thing when the Mets went up 2-0 on the Cubs. In Thor we trust.

The series is still alive and well. If the Royals take a game in NYC, I'll be confident in us winning it all. Until that happens, the nerves will continue. I can't see us sweeping the Mets, even though I'd love that.

Qwerty710710

a child left behind

Don't worry the Mets will beat the ever living piss out of the goat fuckers 4 straight games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom