• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChits

i think we all knew the fix was in, but being that obvious? even Sapp turned his head in disgust.

edit: chits, get ready to get your mind blown

Akebono vs Bobby Ologun
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/0ll2_GojdM0/
I...I watched the whole thing
i7vADDSNXLunn.gif

MjFrancis

Dayum - Cote is back up to 190 already. What those fighters can do with their weight is incredible.
That's just amazing. He could still fight at MW no problem. I wonder if he's going to have any endurance issues in his fight tonight or if he's just going to beast mode through Voelker before that could become a problem.

TheNatural

My Member!
I had a dream last night that I was at the Jones-Sonnen fight and they started doing all these choreographed wrestling moves and shit, like reverse DDT's and Boston crabs. Jones also was muttering some devil tongue shit. Meanwhile everyone else thought it was still a real, not staged fight. Then I found some notes of the move call sheet they were using for the fight to prove it was staged, and tried to show Dana but he didn't want anyone to know, and I had UFC KGB chasing me because he didn't want it to get out until I woke up.

Fucking weird. Guess it's my unconscious mind telling me I'm anti sports entertainment.

Octomom of the Octagon.. loooiooool

I love how he took something that would be considered a low blow, I mean FRB is tweeting all this shit calling JBJ the Shawn Kemp of MMA and shit claiming he has 2 other kids by other moms and there's all the connotations of having these multiple kids out of wedlock being a holier than thou Christian and all, and he delivers it like a clean family friendly joke with a pop culture reference to boot.
I'll be viewing this gif all day ... for research purposes

http://i.imgur.com/ZkzPvsl.gif
Good god.

VASPER

Banned
I had a dream last night that I was at the Jones-Sonnen fight and they started doing all these choreographed wrestling moves and shit, like reverse DDT's and Boston crabs. Jones also was muttering some devil tongue shit. Meanwhile everyone else thought it was still a real, not staged fight. Then I found some notes of the move call sheet they were using for the fight to prove it was staged, and tried to show Dana but he didn't want anyone to know, and I had UFC KGB chasing me because he didn't want it to get out until I woke up.

Fucking weird. Guess it's my unconscious mind telling me I'm anti sports entertainment.

Nice haha

Boogie

Probably last post before the shit goes down.

This time tomorrow, I'll either be popping back in to do my typical obnoxious "haha, told you so, suck it haters!" Shtick....

Or

I'll still be rocking back and forth on the floor in the fetal position while friends and family hide all the sharp objects in my house.

Let's do it.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
That TUF sounds like it could be pretty interesting, just for in the house stuff. Lots of testosterone from both sexes will be flying.

Be interesting to see how they cast the women as well, see if looks play into it.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Nick's talk about fighting Anderson Silva got me to thinking what fights I'd like to see him take at middleweight. Among those would be:

Chris Leben (would be a brawl in the cage)
Michael Bisping (the hype and conferences would be worth it alone)
Rich Franklin (it'd be hilarious to see Diaz trash talk this UFC 'good guy')
Cung Le (if Nick wants to stand up, then let him get smacked around by Cung before ever gifting him a shot against Anderson)

There are others, but those I'd tune into see no question due to the stories in and outside the cage.

Into

That was a really boring main event, i understand if you are a GSP mark you enjoyed it for obvious reasons. But for a neutral that was just tepid, dull and boring.

Made it even worse because they had to follow up that excellent Hendricks vs Condit fight

Not like UFC can do anything about it, and its not GSP's responsibility to entertain anyone, so there is not much you can say or do.

muddream

Banned
Friends, I read UFC-GAF so you don't have to

The best part is. GSP Vs Condit was a very exciting fight. Yet people automatically forget.

GSP is better than your favorite fighters favorite fighter. Get over it. Go to WSHH to watch idiots who don't know how to fight run at eachother with haymakers.

good night of fights.

18 wins over men who could murder you, everyone you ever knew, and your entire family.

I am sure when he retires it will be comfortably.

Fans, hilarious. Fans on GAF does not mean shit. Whine, whine, whine because this is a fantasy not a reality for you. If GSP does not meet expectations, then the sport is a joke. Go watch your WWE fantasy and stop bitching.

Maybe because he is the best overall fighter in the UFC? Can't wait for the eventual silva / GSP fight so he can finally shut everyone who still doubts him up.

Right, but what is your proposed change? Not to score a takedown? Not to weigh it as heavily?

Wrestling is a huge component of MMA, and the end goal of that discipline is to take down and control your opponent. I fail to see how completely controlling your opponent isn't as valuable as a flurry of punches.

charsace

lol GSP is doing his best already to stall against Johny. He said he would wait for Anderson to fight before fighting again when dude has no intention of fighting Anderson.

Loved the Hendricks/Condit fight. Great back and forth. Hoping this earned Hendricks the title shot so I can see him shatter GSPs chin. Hendrick's wrestling is friggin awesome too. It'll be an interesting fight - I think they're fairly evenly matched.

Just checked UFC Fantasy pool - Poly some how has 59 fights picked even though there have been 58. And you better watch out Yaco-Lence .. I'm closing in on you to get my #1 title strap back.

What an awful night of fights. Totally wasted a Saturday night. The Condit vs Hendricks fight was great though, wish it was a 5 rounder and I thought Carlos was robbed. Close fight either way.

GSP/Diaz was a total snuzzer. GSP didn't look too impressive in the later rounds and Diaz was just so frustrating to watch at times when he didnt just go for broke in the stand up.

charsace

What an awful night of fights. Totally wasted a Saturday night. The Condit vs Hendricks fight was great though, wish it was a 5 rounder and I thought Carlos was robbed. Close fight either way.

GSP/Diaz was a total snuzzer. GSP didn't look too impressive in the later rounds and Diaz was just so frustrating to watch at times when he didnt just go for broke in the stand up.

How exactly was Condit robbed? He lost the first 2 rounds and won the last one. First round the striking was close and Condit got raggdolled. Round 2 was a repeat of 1. He lost get over it.

How exactly was Condit robbed? He lost the first 2 rounds and won the last one. First round the striking was close and Condit got raggdolled. Round 2 was a repeat of 1. He lost get over it.

Johnny did absolutely nothing with those takedowns. Condit dealt more damage on his back than Johnny did up top. It was a close fight and have no attachment to either fighters so there's no reason to "get over it" I could care less.

charsace

Johnny did absolutely nothing with those takedowns. Condit dealt more damage on his back than Johnny did up top. It was a close fight and have no attachment to either fighters so there's no reason to "get over it" I could care less.

go look at the fight metric. the overall striking was close in the first 2 rounds, that includes condit's ground work (which didn't really pick up until the 3rd). Some of Johny's take downs were slams so don't act like they where all zzzSP singles.

go look at the fight metric. the overall striking was close in the first 2 rounds, that includes condit's ground work (which didn't really pick up until the 3rd). Some of Johny's take downs were slams so don't act like they where all zzzSP singles.

Slams are scored as TDs and Carlos just got up from every TD with no damage delt. Those were some nice slams though. Like I said before, very close fight but Carlos in round 3 was a clear winner. I would have given Carlos the decision. I wish this fight was the main

So is GSP gonna fight Hendricks next? He's clearly the no 1 contender now and hard to ignore him, but I have a feeling Ellenberger is gonna bitch and moan that he already beat Hendricks and he thinks he deserves it.

charsace

Slams are scored as TDs and Carlos just got up from every TD with no damage delt. Those were some nice slams though. Like I said before, very close fight but Carlos in round 3 was a clear winner. I would have given Carlos the decision. I wish this fight was the main

What rounds did Condit win besides the 3rd? Because he lost the 1st and 2nd from what I saw and the fight metric shows it.

What rounds did Condit win besides the 3rd? Because he lost the 1st and 2nd from what I saw and the fight metric shows it.

I didn't look at the metric just going by watching. Thought rounds 1 & 2 were razor close, round 1 to Johnny round 2 to Carlos. Round 3 clearly Carlos. Maybe I shouldn't have used the word "robbed" as the fight could have even been a draw, but while watching I felt Carlos did better.

muddream

Banned
Condit even said he didn't expect to get his hand raised. He's the better fighter, but Johny can win 2 rounds against pretty much everyone.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
You missed some other good ones, Nate got destroyed and Hendricks/Conduit could be FOTY.

Yeah, I'll watch those when I get back from skiing on Saturday. Figured there was no way I could watch the card until I get home, and no way to remain unspoiled, so I might as well read up on the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom