• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends, which of these guys, if any, do you feel will not be employed by UFC at the end of the week?

Nick Ring
Colin Fletcher
Dan Miller
Isse Tamura
Reuben Duran

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
None of them. I'm glad I skipped out on the card. I saw most of the Makdessi fight and that was it.

I hate going to job interviews. I had one today and have another tomorrow.

TheChits

I really dislike Cesar Gracie. This mmahour interview isn't helping, but at least he admits that he probably shouldn't me managing Nick or Nate

Hero's > Dream > Pride

now that that's established:

Uno vs Hansen - Hero's 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBkugu5CrT0

JLB vs Sexyama - Hero's 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZO-YFtmFfA

Tokoro vs Pequeno - Hero's 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkTWCSL6e3M

Sudo vs Takaya - Hero's 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6b5KQz__F4

Okami vs Ju Lee (Okami finishes someone!!!) - Hero's in S. Korea 2005
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3jp55cN-Mg

JLB vs Jimmy Ambriz - Hero's 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWdtlxBNr3A

Manhoef vs Sexyama - Hero's 7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcsDFfMHUns

Heel

Hero's > Dream > Pride

iZ3fWLurIJZF0.gif

sorry if corrupt, fixed, budo-less Pride FC was shit and made 2012 K-1 GP Final seem legit.

BJ Penn and Machida never fought in Pride, they did in Hero's, they knew Pride would soil their reputations.

Bigfoot Silva vs Tom Erikson > any fight in Yakuza FC.

Heel

You can have your K-1 Hero's point, but Dream over Pride? I'd take Pride Bushido over Dream.

There were some great tournament runs, though. Zaromskis, Mousasi, Super Hluk Minowaman etc.

bro, DREAM's 155 tourny was awesome. Kawajari, Hansen, Alvarez, Aoki getting elbowed in the back by JZ, Ishida, fuckin Black Mamba...

and the MW tournament, man... Sakuraba, Mousasi, Kang (where is this guy?), Minowaman, Dongbar, "new Crocop" Galesic, Jacaré, fuckin Funaki back from the dead. DREAM's first year was almost as good as Hero's 3 year run, they kinda lost some steam in 2009.

Heel

I would say that Dream made Eddie Alvarez a bigger star than Bellator ever did. Still have vivid memory of him crying to the fans in the middle of the ring with a swollen eye.

That said, it's still not fuckin' with Pride by a long shot.

muddream

Banned
I'm mad at myself for ignoring JMMA after Pride died and extra mad at the feds for killing megaupload as I was playing catchup.

muddream

Banned
Very early, none of the tournaments were finished. I'm waiting for some kind soul to upload full events to YT like they've been doing with K-1 as I'm clearly too dumb to watch individual fights. Boring stalemate -> start browsing in another window -> forget about the video -> lose interest

Hey Brendan, thanks for taking my money from purchasing tickets for UFC 157 to lay on top of Lavar Johnson, that was awesome. I guess it's kind of okay because you also took my money from a ticket for UFC 145 in ATL where you entertained me immensely with this:

brendan-schaub-vs-ben-rothwell-captures-soul.gif

Happy Birthday you soulless son of a bitch.

Guru-Guru

Banned
big_glory5.png

Anybody watching this on Saturday? This will be the first GLORY event I will be watching, and I am hoping it is better then the shit-show that was K-1 last week. I think Sp*ng will take the decision over Bonjasky.

I hope Glory going forward will be good for the sport of kickboxing. They have almost all the talent signed, are putting on some top fights in the next month or so, and seem to be better-financed and organized compared to K-1 (...which isn't that hard).

Tyrone BannedName? I'm in there fo sho.

Should wash the shitty GSP taste out my mouth.

I wish he'd do more MMA tho. I mean shit Tyrone, get it together.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Tyrone BannedName? I'm in there fo sho.

Should wash the shitty GSP taste out my mouth.

I wish he'd do more MMA tho. I mean shit Tyrone, get it together.
Same here.

I'm guessing he is probably making way more money with GLORY then he would with WSOF though. It would be fun to see him in the UFC as a light heavyweight fighting somebody who just wants to bang.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Today two bitc-wait this is GAF scrapped with more ferocity and tenacity after one stole $600 from another that it will exceed the crap K-1, UFC, and this week's Russian-less, heavyweight Bellator cards combined. The winner won via TKO knees in the plum that would make Tyrone The Banned One proud.

This Heat streak is amazing. Death to my rivals.

Edit: the Glory card will be good though.

Oh man, I'd like to see a stripper fight with knees to the head. That must have been great. All the stripper fights I've seen just featured UFC level punching.

big_glory5.png

Anybody watching this on Saturday? This will be the first GLORY event I will be watching, and I am hoping it is better then the shit-show that was K-1 last week. I think Sp*ng will take the decision over Bonjasky.

I hope Glory going forward will be good for the sport of kickboxing. They have almost all the talent signed, are putting on some top fights in the next month or so, and seem to be better-financed and organized compared to K-1 (...which isn't that hard).

Andy Ristie (Suriname) vs. Albert Kraus (Netherlands)

what a scrap, jesus.

Ice, Stone, Crow, Daffy Duck, Sledgehammer, Unstoppable, Beetle, Alligator, Rocket and Anaconda are the knicknames of some fighters from TUF BRAZIL 2.

I'm rooting for Daffy Duck, awesome name.

Heel

big_glory5.png

Anybody watching this on Saturday?

We in there. GLORY banging an event out every two weeks.

April 6th - Saki vs. Ghita II
April 20th - Petrosyan vs. El Boustati, Van Roosmalen vs. Groenhart.

Ice, Stone, Crow, Daffy Duck, Sledgehammer, Unstoppable, Beetle, Alligator, Rocket and Anaconda are the knicknames of some fighters from TUF BRAZIL 2.

I'm rooting for Daffy Duck, awesome name.

Yeah, looks like they just released the first episode. No subtitles?

http://en.tuf.tv/media/tuf-brasil-ep-1

Guru-Guru

Banned
We in there. GLORY banging an event out every two weeks.

April 6th - Saki vs. Ghita II
April 20th - Petrosyan vs. El Boustati, Van Roosmalen vs. Groenhart.
I'm really excited for Saki vs. Ghita II. #2 and #3 heavyweight--should be good shit. I'm hoping Ghita wins by brutal kicks, faces Schilt for their heavyweight title, and wins that too. Really I just want somebody to beat the crap out out of Schilt. It almost feels like he's cheating because of how tall he is, his style is boring, and he looks like a goofball.

Not sure if posted already but Uncle Dana was challenged by Vince McMahon:

"Let me tell you something, I'll tell you this and I've never said this before ever in an interview anywhere, and if Vince hears this, he's going to go nuts, okay? Vince is too old, which he won't think he is and he'll go crazy, and he wanted to do that one time. Vince wanted to fight me, I swear to god. He called me up and said, 'let's do it. We can either do it in the UFC or let's do it at WrestleMania.' And I said, 'You are crazy, man.' Vince is... a lot of people talk about Vince, I always have said it and I'll say it again: I respect Vince very much but Vince is too old to be fighting."

The suggestion by McMahon was actually made on or around Oct. 15, 2010, actually stemming from what at the time McMahon was looking for as his main event for WrestleMania 27, which took place on April 3, 2011 at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. It ended up drawing 61,617 fans. McMahon, who had used Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali, Lawrence Taylor and Floyd Mayweather Jr., on WrestleManias in the past, was looking to match up then-UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar, with The Undertaker, as the main event.

White nixed the idea for the obvious business logic of not wanting his champion doing pro wrestling at the same time they are trying to promote his real fights. ... But McMahon thought himself against White could also be a headline event on the show.

The idea was for a pro wrestling match, but McMahon, a bodybuilder who was 65 at the time, actually said if White felt it wasn't the right thing for him to do a staged fight, they could still do the match - for real.

"I laughed and said, 'You're crazy, you're out of your mind,' White said when the subject was brought up a second time after UFC 158 by Ariel Helwani on Fuel TV. "In the interview (the night before), I said Vince was too old. We're both too old. I'm too old, too, just for the record.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/3/19/4123974/yes-vince-mcmahon-actually-challenged-dana-white-to-a-match-for

Watching Dana White get his ass kicked by Vince McMahon in the UFC would be hilarious.

Heel

Uncle Dana said:
The UFC 158 Weigh-In aired live at 4pm ET and was easily the highest rated and most watched Weigh-In of all-time, delivering a 0.47 HH rating, 215,000 total viewers and a 0.57 M18-49 rating. Friday’s Weigh-In beat the previous record holder (UFC on FOX 2 Weigh-In on 1/27/12) by 96% on HH’s, 67% on total viewers and 73% among M18-49.

Just a friendly reminder, I set the bar at 900k buys. Apparently the PPV was tracking at Anderson vs. Chael II numbers. Could it break 1m?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom