• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
ufc-160.jpg

The proportions on this are killing me.

He's got Papa Shango the headshrinker

UFC146_Weighins_56.jpg

Friends, my favorite fighter in the whole entire world, ProElite HW champion Ryan Martinez is gonna be fighting on the Bellator card tomorrow. Marvel as he stands like a statue in the middle of the ring and wings out a few jabs but yet somehow wins the fight.

Also, TBC inadvertantly credited as having one of The Best 25 Celebrity Asses. The person who did the article though thought she was Arianny.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Friends, my favorite fighter in the whole entire world, ProElite HW champion Ryan Martinez is gonna be fighting on the Bellator card tomorrow. Marvel as he stands like a statue in the middle of the ring and wings out a few jabs but yet somehow wins the fight.

Against Travis Wiuff no less.

caesar

Banned
GSP vs. Hendricks
Ellenberger vs. Saffiedine (for No. 1 contender)
Condit vs. Marquardt
Rory vs. Kampmann

I figure that Diaz will retire or only remain for big money fights (which are now close to impossible for him now unless he bulks up to 185 or cuts to 155 - which would leave him under-powered and competing with his brother respectively.)

To be honest the hardest fighter to find a matchup for is Rory, as he's destined to be No. 1 contender within a year or so but would never cash the cheque whilst GSP is still there. So you either build him up to that perennial 2nd place and keep him there indefinitely, GSP steps aside, or Rory bulks up to 185 and tries his luck there. All of a sudden that rumoured GSP retirement plan looks more and more likely for Rory's sake.

Hopefully a Jones - Rashad thing happens with those two, considering Rory is becoming more and more psychotic with each passing day.

Hopefully a Jones - Rashad thing happens with those two, considering Rory is becoming more and more psychotic with each passing day.

That would be an awesome build up with Rorys American Psycho persona hes built up.

Does anybody think GSP lost a step in his last fight? I know it was a blow out and all but GSP seemed pretty fatigued and couldn't take Diaz down at will by the 4th round. There is a good chance hes starting to show signs of leaving his prime.

TheChits

That would be an awesome build up with Rorys American Psycho persona hes built up.

Does anybody think GSP lost a step in his last fight? I know it was a blow out and all but GSP seemed pretty fatigued and couldn't take Diaz down at will by the 4th round. There is a good chance hes starting to show signs of leaving his prime.

I definitely think he is slowing a bit, but he was apparently sick the day of the fight as well as the days leading up to it.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
He woke up with a fever the day of the fight which would explain his weird cardio issue in the 3rd round. I'll laugh if anyone is relying on GSP gassing against Hendricks who himself is only good for 2 rounds.

To be honest the hardest fighter to find a matchup for is Rory, as he's destined to be No. 1 contender within a year or so but would never cash the cheque whilst GSP is still there. So you either build him up to that perennial 2nd place and keep him there indefinitely, GSP steps aside, or Rory bulks up to 185 and tries his luck there. All of a sudden that rumoured GSP retirement plan looks more and more likely for Rory's sake.

Yeah, I think thats why Rory has been living on softball opponents like Che Mills and BJ Penn. I think he's the 2nd best fighter at 170 but there's no point in having him wipe out contenders at 170 if he won't challenge for the belt. Rory and GSP are way closer than Jones/Evans were so there's no chance for any betrayal scenario.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'll laugh if anyone is relying on GSP gassing against Hendricks who himself is only good for 2 rounds.

It should be easy street for GSP against Hendricks. Literal definition of puncher's chance for Johny.

Yeah, I think is why Rory has been living on softball opponents like Che Mills and BJ Penn. I think he's the 2nd best fighter at 170 but there's no point in having him wipe out contenders at 170 if he won't challenge for the belt. Rory and GSP are way closer than Jones/Evans were so there's no chance for any betrayal scenario.

Have him face Kampmann, Saffy or Ellenberger before having his revenge match against Condit. By that time hopefully the dust has settled regarding GSP's future.

Personally I think Rory could fuck shit up at 185 if GSP wants to hang around a few more years.

Rory's biggest challenge, in my opinion, is if he is expected to fully follow in GSP's footsteps. GSP, however you regard his "fighting" style, is one of the few cultural icons in MMA. If Rory's expected to fill those shoes then he needs to start cutting promos and disparaging people's performances n' shit ASAP.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I really wanted to see Uriah fight Josh. Damnit.
I had a feeling the reason why they didn't make that matchup in the quarterfinals is because they know the viewers would want it--might as well keep us watching the show and waiting for the semis or TUF final to see it happen. It will definitely be good to see Bubba get knocked the fuck out by Uriah though..

I had a feeling the reason why they didn't make that matchup in the quarterfinals is because they know the viewers would want it--might as well keep us watching the show and waiting for the semis or TUF final to see it happen. It will definitely be good to see Bubba get knocked the fuck out by Uriah though..

Yup. They've been built up as the best of the crop so Dana split them on the brackets so-to-speak to increase the likelihood of them meeting in the final. The strategy works two-fold since if either of them gets upset he can bill more of a david and goliath as well.

Heel

Official Statement on UFC on FUEL TV 8

Zuffa, LLC, owner of the Ultimate Fighting Championship®, released the following statement today regarding drug tests results from UFC® on FUEL TV 8 in Japan on March 3, 2013.

The UFC organization has a strict, consistent policy against the use of any illegal and/or performance-enhancing drugs, stimulants or masking agents. All 22 fighters on the UFC® on FUEL TV 8 card were drug tested at the event and all fighters passed their drug tests with the exception of Alex Caceres and Riki Fukuda.

Caceres tested positive for marijuana metabolites following his bout. He has agreed to attend drug rehabilitation classes and will receive a 6-month suspension retroactive to the date of the event and must pass a drug test upon completion of the suspension before receiving clearance to compete again. The outcome of Caceres bout against Kyung Ho Kang will be changed to a no contest.

Fukuda’s results showed the presence of Phenylpropanolamine, Norpseudoephedrine and Ephedrine, which are stimulants and banned substances. Based on Fukuda’s last loss he has been released from his contract with the UFC and the results of his positive test will be reported to the official Association of Boxing Commissions record-keeper.

I hope its Josh that has the so called "mental breakdown" in the house if he has to fight Uriah, but I think its gonna be Bubba. Hes just incredibly mentally weak.

Actually I think it may very well be Josh that has the breakdown. Hes already ducked Uriah and Dana said that somebody put 2 guys in the hospital...so expect Bubba to be stretched out in 2 weeks. Bubba and Josh gettin their asses kicked will be amazing. Both are fucking irritating as hell.

any news on the proposed DREAM 19 event in May? i've heard Aoki is a lock. they still have left who, Kawajiri, Ishida, Kikuno, Tokoro...

Can someone shop Papa Shango in that UFC 160 poster?
SHANGO IS BACK BABY

BELIEVE

ibv9WoBKu2eqrZ.jpg

tumblr_m9ywsrtgP31rp0ev7o1_1280.jpg

Can Velasquez is getting crushed again, friends. With Papa Shango in tow, Bigfoot Silver will shatter another myth just as he did in the above photo with the assistance of the Forbidden Psychological Technology. All part of the master plan to make Mark Hunt a UFC HW Champ in 2013.

Oh and Mr. Bruce Leroy,

tumblr_m2sgbvgRja1r0mo8bo1_500.jpg

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I just dont get why UFC loves Bruce Leroy so much. He's barely even Titan or Legacy worthy. And then a positive drug test and he's still not cut?

Dana really liked him on TUF and has been giving him tons of rope ever since. Anyone else would have been cut a long time ago. Call it the Dan Hardy benefit.

FACE

Banned
SHANGO IS BACK BABY

BELIEVE

ibv9WoBKu2eqrZ.jpg

tumblr_m9ywsrtgP31rp0ev7o1_1280.jpg

Can Velasquez is getting crushed again, friends. With Papa Shango in tow, Bigfoot Silver will shatter another myth just as he did in the above photo with the assistance of the Forbidden Psychological Technology. All part of the master plan to make Mark Hunt a UFC HW Champ in 2013.

Oh and Mr. Bruce Leroy,

tumblr_m2sgbvgRja1r0mo8bo1_500.jpg

Thank you poly.

Dana really liked him on TUF and has been giving him tons of rope ever since. Anyone else would have been cut a long time ago. Call it the Dan Hardy benefit.

I think it's because he toes the company line moreso than the other maryjane afficianado's in his roster. Both Diaz brothers and Riddle were a pain in a very public way. Caceres is almost never in the headlines... at least that I've seen.

Boogie

I certainly thought so at the time, and got a little worried. Even though he still blanked Diaz in the later rounds, he kinda looked crappy doing so.

Then again, if this is the case:

I definitely think he is slowing a bit, but he was apparently sick the day of the fight as well as the days leading up to it.

He woke up with a fever the day of the fight which would explain his weird cardio issue in the 3rd round.

then that would make sense, and I will be much relieved.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
RE GSP: literally every single person I've spoken to who is a casual says "I like the way he fights and carries himself".

Does anyone have dibs on UFC ON FOX 7? If so I'd like to make that thread. Glory 7 is on the same day and I'm of the mind of making a mega thread combining both events. I'm going to expose UFC-GAF to stand up fights, real knockouts and the best p4p fighter in all sports who will grace us with in-ring surgery that day, Dr. Giorgio Petrosyan.

Heel

I was thinking about making and OT for UFC on FOX 7: Cesar Gracie's Last Stand, but go right ahead friend. Gil slangin' that two piece for 5 rounds will be rewarding enough.

Bellator is looking extra Bad tomorrow.

Ryan Martinez vs. Travis Wiuff
Marcus Davis vs. Waachiim Spiritwolf

Could have had Eric Prindle vs. Brett Rogers too until Prindle got injured.

Just watched last night's TUF. Loving the match ups because that Bubba guy is a major jackass and I can't wait to see Uriah Hall absolutely demolish him.

Could have had Eric Prindle vs. Brett Rogers too until Prindle got injured.

Eric "The Groin Smasher" Prindle

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Friends, will the Skrap Pack run back to the minors after the Fraud and Nathan take their upcoming L's next month? Can't wait to find out.

Yeah I'm going to be busy actually attending that Fox 7 show, so I'll pass on the OT for that. 160 is gonna be fun though.

That LW strap ain't leaving NorCal on 4/20, y'all.

Heel

ALL OF IT, PLAYBOY.

Grinder Johny loses easily. Bomber Johny has roughly 10 minutes to knock him. Ain't happening.

Heel

Koscheck with a Beard sellin' ya'll wolf tickets. Who else has been deceived? I want everyone on record.

Look at the whites of his eyes and you can tell he ain't real.

#TeamUnanimousDecision

Koscheck with a Beard sellin' ya'll wolf tickets. Who else has been deceived? I want everyone on record.

#TeamUnanimousDecision

I'll go on record as saying Johny "The Terror" Hendricks will finally be the one to dethrone GSP.

#TeamLeftHook

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member

I don't doubt that Nick's guard wore GSP out more than usual, but did Diaz stop any double-legs or only singles? It's easier to tie up or threaten with a clinch from a single and both Diaz brothers have underrated clinchwork; even against more powerful opponents like Benson and Georges they've been able to get a few moments of control and some good knees in. I think GSP may have been a little wary and thus didn't fully commit to the single, a bit like Brock against Overeem. Chael says that he doesn't favour the single-leg for similar reasons (you give up your hands if you get stuffed) and stuck to the double-leg (almost?) exclusively against Anderson.

muddream

Banned

#TeamUnanimousDecision

Naw, Kos is straight pussy and thinks he's some kind of slick counter puncher to top it off. Hendricks will burst through that cowardly jab and unload with atrocious technique. GSP's pampered ass isn't subject to that sort of primal aggression in sparring and will undeniably fold/retire.

GSP got the 1 frame jab but Hendricks left hook has armour and staggers on counter hit. but then again GSP's takedown is a command grab with 0 frame start up and he does start with 3 bars. Hendricks gonna break under pressure, bust level 1 X-Factor early, GSP gonna chicken block and the fight is over, GSP by 5 round UD.

muddream

Banned
Apparently there's a thing in Canada called The Fight Network and they'll be airing live Glory kickboxing events from now on.

Since Glory is pushing out 3 events in under a month, I'll probably pay actual money for their monthly pass.

Just watched last night's TUF. Loving the match ups because that Bubba guy is a major jackass and I can't wait to see Uriah Hall absolutely demolish him.

Eric "The Groin Smasher" Prindle

Bubba sucks. Dude is 29 and has been training at Jackson for 8 about years and is barley Bellator caliber. If he was any good he would have been in the UFC years ago. The way he acted when he beat Kevin was a joke because he looked absolutely terrible in that fight.

The funniest thing was that after the fight in the locker room he said "nothing feels better than breaking a guy down so bad he doesn't even want to compete" yet he looked scared and broken to shit when he had to fight Hall. Hall is sending this cat to the hospital.

TheChits

GSP got the 1 frame jab but Hendricks left hook has armour and staggers on counter hit. but then again GSP's takedown is a command grab with 0 frame start up and he does start with 3 bars. Hendricks gonna break under pressure, bust level 1 X-Factor early, GSP gonna chicken block and the fight is over, GSP by 5 round UD.

You just know GSP is a Zangief player. The dude is a master of the jab spd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom