• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Nick Diaz's camp to file complaint over Georges St-Pierre's UFC 158 drug test

Call that motherfucker out, Nick.

vQHoAQk.jpg

He has Hulk Hogan's belly button.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I didn't realize that not only do we have Glory 6 in a week and a half, and Glory 7 two weeks after, but Glory 8 is on May 3rd in Tokyo. It's a 8-man featherweight tourney, and Aerts vs Saddik was also just announced for the event. All this kickboxing action is awesome.

TUF (if anybody cares) should be good tonight. Two fights in one episode means less drama and stupid crap. I'm hoping Dylan beats Luke, because out of all the cast members I find Dylan the most likable. He seems like a genuinely nice guy and he has never instigated or taken part in any of the bullshit drama.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Perhaps, the turbulent WrestleMania contest could even include interference from Lesnar's past, such as UFC President Dana White, UFC Champion Cain Velasquez, Daniel Cormier, Junior dos Santos or Antonio Silva. If so, whose side would they be on?

lol why the hell would Bigfoot show up? That would be absolutely amazing.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
HUhxQUz.png

Honestly, I'd rather he just drop the request for a rematch, as I really don't care to see him get laid on for 5 rounds again. Still interesting home cooking going on.

Heel

Nick's reasoning is sound and ENTIRELY PLAUSIBLE. An unbiased fan knows that the upper echelon of this sport, Mr. SP included, all have a common drive: To be the best at what they do, and get an edge by any means necessary.

I have no problem with these gentlemen getting their growth on for my entertainment, but Mr. SP is using his access to The Clear 3.0 for evil. He must be stopped.

Hex

Banned
GSP weighed in wearing his pants also it would have been nothing IF there were an issue for him to drop trou and make weight.
Diaz is pathetic.

GSP weighed in wearing his pants also it would have been nothing IF there were an issue for him to drop trou and make weight.
Diaz is pathetic.

A contract is a contract. Make weight or pay up. End of story. Doesn't matter what he could've done. The commission pulled some stupid shit for no good reason and something needs to come of it. A rematch is a dumb request, granted. If the exact weight wasn't recorded the match should be a no contest, GSP retains the title, and the city should no longer be considered for future UFC events until The Commission is investigated.

Of course none of that will ever happen.

Hex

Banned
A contract is a contract. Make weight or pay up. End of story. Doesn't matter what he could've done. The commission pulled some stupid shit for no good reason and something needs to come of it. A rematch is a dumb request, granted. If the exact weight wasn't recorded the match should be a no contest, GSP retains the title, and the city should no longer be considered for future UFC events until The Commission is investigated.

Of course none of that will ever happen.

I can find nobody actually saying that he did not make weight.
What was his actual weight at the weigh in?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm tired of dudes on TUF talking about their kids. Nobody cares about your fucking kids. This is why Tony Ferguson will always be my favorite TUF contestant. Where's your fucking son at, indeed...

I can find nobody actually saying that he did not make weight.
What was his actual weight at the weigh in?

It all depends on if the exact weight was recorded, which it should have been. If it wasn't, however, the match should be a NC since the commission's actions bring the weight into question and GSP was never given the chance to actually make proper weight. Can't take his money without evidence he actually was ocer but the actions of the commission take away th benefit of the doubt.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Why did Herb let that tall guy take an extra hammer fist when he hit the ground, clearly already finished? Dean is fucking racist.

I too am sick of hearing about these people's kids. Yes you have kids, lots of people have them.

And Bubba is making himself look like a complete bitch to the point where you can't blame creative editing.

I hope you keep posting impressions as you play more. The first Bioshock also had an incredibly strong start, but unfortunately it became too fetch quest-y and fell apart at the end.

Are you playing it on PC or consoles?
I'm playing on PC, had many of the same gripes with the first Bioshock but am still loving this game.

TheChits

I too am sick of hearing about these people's kids. Yes you have kids, lots of people have them.

And Bubba is making himself look like a complete bitch to the point where you can't blame creative editing.

Bubba has made himself look pathetic since the first episode

Wow Bubba is a bigger bitch than I originally thought. I don't even think he even fights Uriah next week because they didnt even show him nor Uriah in the preview fight clips. I really can't believe he's just gonna forfeit. I hope Dana never gives this bald cromedome a shot in the oct.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I'm guessing Bubba bitches out and Clint takes his place next week. It seems obvious since Clint was on the treadmill and Jones said "get ready" in the preview. Maybe the TUF producers are just screwing with us though.

Edit--another reason why I think Clint steps in is this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOcu_eV5tdg&feature=youtu.be

The video is Jones giving a speech to get Josh pumped up for his semi-final match...As well as Clint. They are both warming up, and Bubba is nowhere to be seen.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I'm glad you guys are coming to my side on the whole "I don't give a shit about your wife and kids, tons of idiots have them, you're not special. You have no personality if that's what's shown during a promo" thing.

Boogie

Agreed (even though I haven't watched TUF in like three years.

I especially couldn't stand the "I miss them so much, this is soooo hard to be away from them for so long."

TUF is six weeks. Mountie training in Regina is six months. I had mates with kids who only managed one trip home, over Christmas, and so only saw their kids once in six months. Six weeks in the TUF house ain't shit compared to that. Or even moreso, compared to soldiers on tour overseas.

Agreed (even though I haven't watched TUF in like three years.

I especially couldn't stand the "I miss them so much, this is soooo hard to be away from them for so long."

TUF is six weeks. Mountie training in Regina is six months. I had mates with kids who only managed one trip home, over Christmas, and so only saw their kids once in six months. Six weeks in the TUF house ain't shit compared to that. Or even moreso, compared to soldiers on tour overseas.

Its shorter than sleep away camp. What a bunch of mental wussies

I'm starting to believe that dudes who like to play military shooters online actually believe that there's a high degree of realism about ti.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I'm starting to believe that dudes who like to play military shooters online actually believe that there's a high degree of realism about ti.

The audio leaves a lot to be desired if they really want realism. You should be hearing bullets and then the gunfire if you're being fired upon. You should be hearing echos off walls and rocks. You should be hearing real pops when bullets strike things, and the pops should differentiate between when they hit walls, bodies, or whatever. Just having people scream "motherfucker" and "copy that" 100 times ain't realism.

I have lots of questions after watching that BF4 video: a) The dude used a very big Grenade Launcher throughout the demo, so why didn't he shoot the helicopter with it during that bit in the elevator? b) If an attack helicopter could circle around the building, why didn't the transport helicopter land on the ground or whatever? Clearly size was not an issue. c) What kind of inhuman strength does it take to cut a man's leg off with one swipe of your knife? d) Why Bonnie Tyler?

Can't watch TUF yet :(

i'm pretty sure that if you get hit in the chest multiple times, hiding behind a waist-high wall will let it heal by itself.

Pretty sure if you get shot in a middle of war you'll still be able to run around swapping rocket launchers and killing fools lol

I have lots of questions after watching that BF4 video: a) The dude used a very big Grenade Launcher throughout the demo, so why didn't he shoot the helicopter with it during that bit in the elevator? b) If an attack helicopter could circle around the building, why didn't the transport helicopter land on the ground or whatever? Clearly size was not an issue. c) What kind of inhuman strength does it take to cut a man's leg off with one swipe of your knife? d) Why Bonnie Tyler?

I agree with a) and b).

C) doesn't bother me. D) is just humor.

The complains about realism, and saying nobody cares about the SP is just borderline stupid because Battlefield 3 only sold 12 million copies because the SP looked awesome, even though it ended up being a steaming pile of donkey shit.

Visually though, man the game looks amazing and folks saying Killzone looks better or that it looks like BF3 on ultra are taking the piss. The later is all the funnier because it comes from dudes with high end machines who buy high end machines just so they can crank up the settings, because you know...from medium settings to ultra is such a huge leap, but somehow they don't see the leap in this lol

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Battlefield 4 sure is pretty. I'll never play it for one second (military shooter, ZZzzzz) but it's nice seeing those graphics for 1st gen games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom