• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noons v Cowboy gonna be a scrap. if Noons wins he gets in the line for a shot after the winner of Punk vs Nat... he gets a shot after Punk.

MjFrancis

I don't think Cerrone will screw this one up.

Or I should say, I hope Cerrone doesn't screw this one up.

He's great against any opponent who isn't a potential contender. We'll see if that gatekeeper status comes into play against Noons.

MjFrancis

I was just looking at the cards and thought that I'll probably skip 159 and buy 160. Roy Nelson v. Cheick Kongo looks good, and I'm halfway interested in the Jones v. Sonnen matchup, but even that's probably just because of Sonnen's media persona. He plays the heel card well.

Aiight, so Bioshock Infinite is like totally amazing. Story started making a lot of sense later.

Ken da gawd Levine

Get this game brothers.

Aiight, so Bioshock Infinite is like totally amazing. Story started making a lot of sense later.

Ken da gawd Levine

Get this game brothers.

you could see
Booker being Comstock
from a mile away.

i like Levine, but i feel he over-complicated the twist for the sake of mind-fuckery.

Heel

Let's Play, the length of your spoiler makes me feel like I know what your spoiler is. I would hate you but I also see it coming from a mile away.

you could see **** from a mile away.

i like Levine, but i feel he over-complicated the twist for the sake of mind-fuckery.

The twist didn't do much for me, it was everything that preceded it that was amazingly well done. The build up you know?

edited it to make it less obvious.

it's also funny Heel calls me that, as i did experience the game on YT in 45 parts.

Da hell man. Stop watching videogames from start to finish on youtube lol

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
We interrupt this BioShock Infinite spoiling for a REMINDER, BELLATOR IS ON TONIGHT

Tonight's Bellator Russia Report
russian_flag.gif

-Mikhail "Winter has always been here" Zayats vs Emanuel "Kingslayer" Newton in the Light Heavyweight Tournament Finals.

The Red Army's conquest continues, be there comrades!

Noons v Cowboy gonna be a scrap. if Noons wins he gets in the line for a shot after the winner of Punk vs Nat... he gets a shot after Punk.
GO GET SOME DONALD SAWRONAY!

4 day weekend and GoT returning on Sunday with a big easter
dinner before hand. Good times.
I'm about to finish reading "A Dance With Dragons" and this line made me laugh:

"Horsemeat and onions makes you strong.” -utterred by a former pit fighter, while watching a scrap.

TheNatural

My Member!
Maybe Heel is onto something. The UFC & GSP conspiracy continues. UFC put up a DMCA notice to take down Nick Diaz's weigh in video with them talking about the 0.9 LB shadiness:

Following UFC 158, a video surfaced showing UFC Senior Vice President of Business and Legal Affairs and Assistant General Counsel, Michael Mersch, speaking with members of Nick Diaz's team and informing them "off the record" that there were some unusual rules in play for the weigh-in. In short, Mersch stated that Quebec was not "counting decimals" meaning that the main event contestants could weigh in at 170.9 and it would be okay.

UFC_DMCA_medium.png

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/3/2...rges-st-pierre-gsp-nick-diaz-decimal-weigh-in

it-was-me-austin-o.gif

IT WAS ME NICK, IT WAS ME THE WHOLE DAMN TIME!

Cool new avatar, bone.

Kinda wish MGS5 was fully next-gen, but I guess Konami wants to release it soon and make money.

I think E3 will show MGS on next gen. It just doesn't make sense to go through all the trouble and investment in technology this late in the game and waste it on a game that only releases on 8 year old hardware...

But I can't understand what's even appealing about the MGS footage. Aside from the visuals, the game looks like absolute stupidity. And the horn, lol....

Maybe Heel is onto something. The UFC & GSP conspiracy continues. UFC put up a DMCA notice to take down Nick Diaz's weigh in video with them talking about the 0.9 LB shadiness:

UFC_DMCA_medium.png

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/3/2...rges-st-pierre-gsp-nick-diaz-decimal-weigh-in

The fix is in. Diaz da Martyr

I think E3 will show MGS on next gen. It just doesn't make sense to go through all the trouble and investment in technology this late in the game and waste it on a game that only releases on 8 year old hardware...

But I can't understand what's even appealing about the MGS footage. Aside from the visuals, the game looks like absolute stupidity. And the horn, lol....

The problem with them releasing the game on older hardware is that concessions will inevitably be made because I doubt they're willing to design two different games.

And to answer your question: It has a whale made out of explosions!

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Oh yeah. Seasons gonna be good.
"
People gonna be pissssssssssssssssssed
I can't wait until people's reactions to the you know what. People went crazy after what happened to Ned Stark, this gone be good. Especially when the producers/showrunners have said throughout they years that entire point of making the books into a tv show was so they could depict the you know what in a different medium.

The problem with them releasing the game on older hardware is that concessions will inevitably be made because I doubt they're willing to design two different games.

And to answer your question: It has a whale made out of explosions!

The trailer is absolutely moronic and I can't stop re-stating it, only an absolute die hard would look at that piece of shit and think it was a great trailer.

The whale, the horn, the non sense editing, Big Boss again...

0007_556q.gif

The trailer is absolutely moronic and I can't stop re-stating it, only an absolute die hard would look at that piece of shit and think it was a great trailer.

The whale, the horn, the non sense editing, Big Boss again...

http://www.abload.de/img/0007_556q.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I am a die-hard, so....

Heel

Of course I'm onto something. The mixed martial press asked the AC some simple questions and they wilted like Georges' budo after the Serra fight. Who runs their PR, Baghdad Bob?

WmYJuDB.jpg

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I can't wait until people's reactions to the you know what. People went crazy after what happened to Ned Stark, this gone be good. Especially when the producers/showrunners have said throughout they years that entire point of making the books into a tv show was so they could depict the you know what in a different medium.

Brother Viobod and myself brought this up in nerd chat a while back. Its not about who's gonna die. The correct question is 'Who is going to live?'.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole

Probably why they focused a lot more on you know whom in the TV show than they did in the books, really gonna bend the audience over and gape that shit.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
War Metal Gear Solid!

Also, good for the Quebec commission. I hope GSP weighs in at 185 while his opponent has to hit 170 next time.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to laugh so much if Edgar loses to Oliveira at UFC 162. I'm looking forward to Siver/Swanson and TKZ/Lamas on the same card.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
36xgNxQ.gif

Nick Diaz's lawyer releases texts from UFC & Quebec officials

Jonathan Tweedale, Nick Diaz's lawyer, contacted Bloody Elbow and exclusively provided very interesting text message transcripts from the evening of the weigh in, explaining "Given some of the media coverage, we need to set the record straight on the timing that the issue of the 0.9 was raised by Nick Diaz. The issue was pursued immediately. On the evening of March 15, Mike Mersch and I exchanged the following correspondence (via text message), in which he denied any knowledge of a .9 allowance or ignoring the decimal."

JDT: "Hi Mike. Nick is curious about the .9 pound allowance at today's weigh-in for his championship bout. He doesn't want to be a nuisance about this, but he's a bit confused. Can you shed any light?"

MM: "I don't know what you're talking about. All parties weighed in appropriately according [to] the Quebec Commission."

JDT: "Of course. You're right, and he knows that. He just wanted to know why the Quebec Commission was okay with a 0.9 pound weight allowance for a championship fight. Nick's not going to make an issue of it, but it's been gnawing at him since it was explained to him at the weigh-ins, on an "off the record" basis or otherwise. I just want him to stop thinking about it, and thought you could provide some insight."

MM: "I have been told everyone made weight so there's nothing to make an issue about. He might want to focus on how he's going to win the fight rather than spending the night making excuses about why he lost."
The correspondence continued at 9:46 p.m.:

JDT: "C'mon Mike you're just going to stonewall on this issue? We're reaching out in a discreet manner, as appropriate in the circumstances. Meet us half-way."

MM: "Huh? The Commission determined both fighters weighed 170 or less. What am I supposed to do about that? I would think Nick would be excited to compete for the UFC Welterweight title. Seems like he's focused on the wrong issue."

JDT: "No one wants you to *do* anything. If the answer is simply "the Quebec Commission permits a promoter to request that .9 pounds be rounded down in a championship fight (unlike, e.g., the Washington commission for Nate's fight), and Zuffa made that request here", then pls confirm. Far better to reach out this way than the uncooperative Twitter/media way."

MM: "How would I know what the Quebec Commission does? I was informed everyone made weight like everyone else at the weigh in. Zuffa made no requests for anything from the Quebec Commission. Good luck to Nick with the fight."

JDT: "Okay. I'll let Nick know that you can't shed any light on why Quebec treats 170.9 as 170 in a championship fight. Disappointing. Thanks for your time and your wish of luck to Nick for the fight."

MM: "Again I have no idea what you're talking about. The Quebec Commission indicated both fighters were 170 or lower."

JDT: "If you don't know then I should be asking someone else. No worries, Mike. Which UFC exec advised Nick and his entourage before the weigh-in that "If you're 170.2, you're 170. If you're 170.9, you're 170...that's a kinda off the record type of thing"?"

MM: "I would think you'd direct that to the source: the Quebec Commission. The UFC has nothing to do with weigh ins in Quebec."

Tweedale explained, "We appreciate that Mr. Mersch was in a difficult position, evidently having been instructed by the Quebec Commission to relay to Mr. Diaz some last-minute, unlawful 'rule changes' to give the hometown fighter a reprieve from his duty to make weight at 170 pounds. But the above transcript shows Mr. Mersch's views on the matter. If he and the UFC thought that this last-minute rule change was above-board, lawful, or defensible, Mersch presumably would have answered our legitimate questions about the 0.9 and ignoring the decimal in a forthright and straightforward manner."

Tweedale also provided transcripts from a text conversation with Michel Hamelin, director of the Quebec commission -- Regie des Alcools des Courses et des Jeux (RACJ) -- on March 24 after the video of the interaction between Mersch and the Diaz camp became public.

Here are those transcripts between Tweedale and Hamelin (MH), starting at 1:19 p.m.:

JDT: "Michel, do you have anything more to say about the 0.9 pound allowance for Georges?"

MH: "No the responsable of the weight in call 170 as mentioned."

JDT: "Okay. That was the weight called out. But what about the rule? Why was the "special" rule made that anything up to 170.9 was to be called out as "170"?"

MH: "The were no specials rules !"
The conversation continued on March 25, at 3:45 p.m.:

JDT: "If you had a rule allowing 170.9 to be 170, you would have pointed me to it when I contacted you on March 15. It is 10 days later and you haven't done so. It is clear that you have no rule for "ignoring the decimal"."

MH: "Jonathan , if you need a official answer, send a official email , With your quetions, and you will received the answer to your question from de RACJ , Regards , M hamelin"

JDT: "I want the 'off the record' answer as well, per the video."

MH: "For us the is NO off record , we only follow the RACJ rules, and I respectfully answer to all yours questions when you call ."

_____
slippery georges and his crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom