• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChits

I always undervalue takedowns if damage or sub attempts aren't at least gained from it. Kelvin never did much with the majority of his. Only reason I didn't score the 2nd for him.

I'll be interested to see them both again. I'm sure Hall will get at least one more in UFC. His takedown D is weaker than I suspected, but he managed to get out of compromising positions really fast.

There is 0% chance that Hall doesn't get another fight.

Heel

You have to respect Chael Cornette's promo skills after this one. He even had some seasoned MMA fans thinking Uriah was the next big thing. When it's all said and done, TUF 17 may have been Chael's masterwork.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Did Jorgensen 'fix' his skin?

Doesn't seem as bad as it usually is

Other way... He stopped doing anything about the vitiligo and it's basically taken all the melanin out of his skin. Thats why the tattoos look like they're in technicolor.

dream

TateFuckedUp.jpg

If the Ultimate is serious about doing regular girlfights, they really need to hire makeup artists to avoid shots like this. That shot never should have made it on TV. Miesha's entire image is just done now. She looks like Winslow's fucking daughter.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
TateFuckedUp.jpg

If the Ultimate is serious about doing regular girlfights, they really need to hire makeup artists to avoid shots like this. That shot never should have made it on TV. Miesha's entire image is just done now. She looks like Winslow's fucking daughter.

lol, you insane?

Stitch be out there powdering her nose, putting on the eye liner.

TateFuckedUp.jpg

'Cism.

lol Andre Berto ran into Dana here in LA and told him he wanted to try this UFC thing and Dana told him "work on your wrestling".

And drm she was in a fight for fuck's sake, what do you expect? Why is it that just the women need to worry about how they look after taking a fuckload of fists, elbows and knees to the face?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Meanwhile, in Scotland.

ibeXKz8ij9nEKW.gif

Shannon Knapp, make that call.

Scotland's one and only.

She's already fought twice in Invicta (and is scheduled for their July event), unless of course you mean a title shot or some shit.

I don't watch TUF but were they building him up as the next Silva?

And he wasn't terrible but Kelvin exposed his weak wrestling.

It was like UFC 157 Schaub vs Johnson (maybe not as bad).

Poor Tate : ( would have been perfect for he to coach TuF alongside Ronda. I enjoyed their little feud and they had a great scrap. I have Zigano beating Ronda TKO

I don't watch TUF but were they building him up as the next Silva?

And he wasn't terrible but Kelvin exposed his weak wrestling.

It was like UFC 157 Schaub vs Johnson (maybe not as bad).

Only Sonnen was billing him that way. Calling him a contender at middleweight before he even made the finals, billing him as the next Anderson at a UFC event a couple weeks ago, etc.. Dana called him the meanest, toughest dude to come out of TUF and all that.

He definitely had the most impressive finishes in TUF history and one of the sickest KO's I've seen in MMA period.. but everyone who watched who isn't a PR mouthpiece for UFC pretty much knew his wrestling was weak. He is a high level striker when he actually pulls the trigger though.

Edit: Zingano better tighten up that armbar defense. If Tate was able to nearly secure one then Honda's gonna take her arm off.

Only Sonnen was billing him that way. Calling him a contender at middleweight before he even made the finals, billing him as the next Anderson at a UFC event a couple weeks ago, etc.. Dana called him the meanest, toughest dude to come out of TUF and all that.

He definitely had the most impressive finishes in TUF history and one of the sickest KO's I've seen in MMA period.. but everyone who watched who isn't a PR mouthpiece for UFC pretty much knew his wrestling was weak. He is a high level striker when he actually pulls the trigger though.

Edit: Zingano better tighten up that armbar defense. If Tate was able to nearly secure one then Honda's gonna take her arm off.

I see. I can't fault them for hyping that way. He could've been (and still can) be a money draw. Hopefully, he takes a look at this close decision and goes and works on his wrestling. Jackson is great for that or he can hook up with GSP and crew.

I don't really see Kelvin going anywhere in the middle weight division though.

And I think the next season of TUF will probably be one of the better ones ratings wise but it's so hard to take the credibility of Rousey and Zingano seriously. Female MMA is still really in its infancy. The division isn't deep like the Heavyweight and flyweight.

Wow did Uriah Hall fight arrogantly. He looked like Overem in his fight against Bigfoot. Playboy bought into his own hype a little too much. Tried to be like Anderson.

Wow did Uriah Hall fight arrogantly. He looked like Overem in his fight against Bigfoot. Playboy bought into his own hype a little too much. Tried to be like Anderson.
Yeah, but it's different levels of arrogance. Not sure why'd you would be over confident in a match against a wrestler if it's your weak area.

Not sure if he's been watching the same MMA I have but wrestling is king, ask Nick Diaz.

Overeem was an idiot, but I could see how he could take Big Foot lightly. Problem is he hadn't fought in a year and was gassed to all heck. Big Foot simply waited until his tank was empty and TKO'd him. I'm sure the rematch would be different if they gave Alistair the chance.

I highly doubt Big Foots game plan was to get his ass beat for 2 rounds while he prays for Overeem to gas. Makes no sense to me. Reem was cocky the entire fight and even had a smile on his face going into the 3rd. No look of concern at all.

Hall was just buying into his hype machine given by Jones, Dana and Sonnen. People saying he's like Anderson etc. fucking retarded when its your first fight in the UFC. He should have unloaded on him in the opening round and not try to do the Anderson matrix crap.

Heel

TUF post-fight presser - Meisha is salty about some phantom illegal knee and being Kim Winslow'd

Ronda Rousey scrum - Snaps on a reporter about her Fallon Fox comments

Scotland's one and only.

She's already fought twice in Invicta (and is scheduled for their July event), unless of course you mean a title shot or some shit.

Honestly I'd forgotten she'd even fought in Invicta. Should take some notes from Thug Rose and Rowdy Bec in the marketing department.

I don't know about phantom knee. It looked like the very first knee (not the first in the series that ended it, but a little before that) was close to being illegal. I'd have to watch it again though.

That was a bit of an early stoppage. Tate's got a good chin and could have kept scrapping. She seemed perfectly fine after that flurry of knees and elbows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom