• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of feel this way as well. We're getting to the point in MMA where guys that have some age to them and are either just getting into the sport or have some fights on their record, don't have much of a chance in succeeding in the UFC.

I'd like to see more younger guys to get them exposure and after show have a better chance of getting into a quality gym to further develop real talents.

I'm not saying no one older deserves another shot, but TUF isn't the best place for numerous of those guys anymore.

They're the perfect cans to pad records. Give an up and coming prospect a fight against a guy like Bubba and you're fairly protected against an upset and you can fool the casual fans into thinking Bubba is a higher quality opponent than he is just based on the "experience" his record shows.

caesar

Banned
The reality is they don't really care about getting true talent in TUF as much as they do getting personality types that will be entertaining. Of course it does help if you've got a decent record as well.

I think they mainly will with the woman, this is like TUF 1 for them so they should genuinely be focusing on bolstering that division. Of course, a marketable personality never hurts.

A guy like Bubba is a waste of a TUF slot. Training out of a major gym with 20+ fights on his record. If you haven't made it to the big show at that point, it's time to find a new career path.

Waste of a UFC slot as well. Dude is terrible.
Also what ever happened to pink mohawk?

Guru-Guru

Banned
Looks like Glory is coming to New York in June. Rumoured to be a Saki vs Schilt headliner, as well as a ***** fight. I'm not sure I believe that ***** will be fighting, because doesn't he have a WSOF match coming up in June? Anyhow, I wish I lived on the east coast so I could go to that.

Badr Hari is also going to fight Zabit Samedov (the guy he beat at the K-1 2013 Grand Prix) for the 3rd time at some show in Russia. Hari needs to get back in shape and sign with Glory already. I want to see a in-shape Hari vs Schilt III.

Heel

Badr Hari is also going to fight Zabit Samedov (the guy he beat at the K-1 2013 Grand Prix) for the 3rd time at some show in Russia.

This card looks interesting.

PNfE5mk.jpg

Badr Hari vs. Zabit Samedov

Mike Zambidis, Dzhabar Askerov, Artur Kyshenko and Yury Bessmertny in a 4-man tournament

Aleks Lenko in an MMA match

You could have all sorts of interesting cats back for a TUF Comeback. Luke Cummo, Tommy Speer, Noah Inhofer, Andy Wang, Kaleb Starnes, Shonie Carter, the dude that got kicked out for jumpng the fence and gong to a gas station to call his girlfriend, the possiblities are endless!

EDIT: So yeah, about Josh Rosenthal's drug arrest .. apparently he was in possession of $6 million dollars worth of marijuana

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/4/17/4...senthal-busted-prison-marijuana-warehouse-mma

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Just saw the latest episode of Vikings, great shit. I really like the pacing of this show.

The only and I mean ONLY excuse to act that way regarding a company is if you hold enough stock that it would significantly affect your bottomline...which you probably shouldn't anyway because diversified portfolios and whatnot.

Maybe Frank Mir is gonna win. Who did cormier really beat so far?

Jackson's, better training, never lost back to back in the UFC...why won't Cormier's bubble deflate as he enters the ring for the first time in the UFC like it happens to most that come from strikeforce?

TheChits

Maybe Frank Mir is gonna win. Who did cormier really beat so far?

Jackson's, better training, never lost back to back in the UFC...why won't Cormier's bubble deflate as he enters the ring for the first time in the UFC like it happens to most that come from strikeforce?

Mir has a much better chance than people seem to be giving him. I'd love to see him snag an arm and take it home

that's 2 long time posters perma'd (etiolate) for smack talking Evilore in the past 24 hours.

I know Natural posted one of them. What was the other?

that's 2 long time posters perma'd (etiolate) for smack talking Evilore in the past 24 hours.

Anyways,

A bout between Germaine de Randamie and Julie Kedzie was added to the UFC on FOX 8 on July 27

damn.. julie is about to get wrecked.

So, UFC on Fox 8 Card:

Rory MacDonald vs Jake Ellenberger Main Event
Robbie Lawler vs. Tarec Saffiedine
Julie Kedzie vs Germaine de Randamie
Mac Danzig vs Melvin Guillard
Danny Castillo vs Bobby Green

Sucks for Bobby Green, he had to go beast mode against one notorious LnPer (Volkmann) to win with while the ref tried screwing him over and now he's up against another LnPer.

ShaneB

Well, I'd like to think we do quite well as a self-policed thread that continues to grow despite being relegated to the shadows of Community. We always accept new users who aren't afraid to dip their toes in the pool.

But hey, this was never that.

Grow? HA. That's hilarious.

TheNatural

My Member!
Wow that is crazy. Does anyone know why he is banned yet?

Nope. Hoping just a request. The guy put in a ton of work studying and explaining what was going on and documenting everything along the way to take his own potential action.

It really sucks if he's gone, I think fighting people who try to take advantage of others through brunt litigation is one of the more honorable things in society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom