• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNatural

My Member!

Alright cool. Sorry I've neglected the insular community here for about the past month, but my alma mater and lifelong team, the Ville won the national title so my mind has been a blur. The chick I'm going out with today, got kicked out of a bar for making out with and some other stuff for like an hour for the Final Four game.

Now the Derby is coming up so it's all transferring to this. I'm definitely not drinking tonight. OK maybe one. Or two.

Heel

Fuck, anyone know when the main event is going to start? I'm going with some chick to watch the fireworks, I need to hit a bar or something to see toothpick fight. Think if I get in around 10 it will be about to start?

Well, it's a 4 fight main card airing from 8-10 PM in the east. It's a 25 minute title fight. That should give you an idea. Somewhere around 9:15-9:30 PM ET I'd assume.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Alright cool. Sorry I've neglected the insular community here for about the past month, but my alma mater and lifelong team, the Ville won the national title so my mind has been a blur. The chick I'm going out with today, got kicked out of a bar for making out with and some other stuff for like an hour for the Final Four game.

Now the Derby is coming up so it's all transferring to this. I'm definitely not drinking tonight. OK maybe one. Or two.

you in there dog

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I may be online in time for the Diaz fight. No idea. I'm tired as hell and don't see myself waking up on time before the main card starts.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Friends..yesterday i taught the lady how to throw a left hook. Upon learning it the first thing she did was hit me square in the spine unsuspecting. Were i not so manly and alpha i would have collapsed upon contact. Yet it was sheer will that held me upright. Not sure what hurts more. The fact that it was a girl or the fact that i had never gotten hit in the spine like that and had no clue how bad it fucking hurts.

TheNatural

My Member!
Friends..yesterday i taught the lady how to throw a left hook. Upon learning it the first thing she did was hit me square in the spine unsuspecting. Were i not so manly and alpha i would have collapsed upon contact. Yet it was sheer will that held me upright. Not sure what hurts more. The fact that it was a girl or the fact that i had never gotten hit in the spine like that and had no clue how bad it fucking hurts.

At least you didn't get hit in the nads.

If Kim Winslow was there she would've given your girlfriend 6 warnings not to do that again.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
My knees buckled and the whole nine. I swear it was the best play off of all time. 'nah it didnt hurt lol'. the second she left the kitchen i dry heaved for 30 seconds in silence.

Just wait until you have a kid one day and the fucker comes flying out of nowhere knees first right on top of you.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Someone just asked me to a Vegan restaurant. WTF? This person knows me really well too. I'm last person that should be asked to a place like that. If it didn't have a pulse sometime in the last few weeks I'm not eating it.

Holy shit, my friends just invited me to a vegan restaurant and I felt the same way. I'm all for trying new foods but the vegan places I went to in college weren't anything special.

I never knew what "queen of spades" meant until recently.

CxApVwI.jpg

MjFrancis

My wife and I ate at a vegan place once in San Francisco. The bowel movements we respectively experienced afterwards kept us both carnivores.

Chits!!!

Little Witch Academia was great. I usually hate girl Anime but man that shit was smooth. Best animation I have seen in awhile. Not surprised to found out the director was a part of the Gurren Lagann team.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
I got some shirts from my brother that may beat Tap Out, Affliction and all them shit.

He was over in Afghanistan fixing planes and for military shirts that are like MMA ones with stuff like "Kill em all, let god sort em out".

"Thanks for these shirts I will never wear in public ever."

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Winner of Maynard/Grant will get next shot at Bendo. I suggest UFC pitting Melendez against Lauzon or Gomi on a Fox card -- both would be an entertaining fight. For Thomson, give him Ross Pearson or Diego Sanchez on the same card.

TheChits

Winner of Maynard/Grant will get next shot at Bendo. I suggest UFC pitting Melendez against Lauzon or Gomi on a Fox card -- both would be an entertaining fight. For Thomson, give him Ross Pearson or Diego Sanchez on the same card.

Punk vs. Pearson would be awesome. I full support that one

The Handsome One should fight someone higher in the food chain.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member

Sanchez doesn't deserve to fight someone like Thomson.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
The Handsome One should fight someone higher in the food chain.

Most of the top 10 are busy in the lightweight division.

#1 Melendez just lost.
#2 Pettis is off to fight Aldo for the time being
#3 Maynard v #7 Grant (Bendo against winner) (May 25 @ UFC 160)
#4 Diaz just lost to Thomson
#5 Miller faces off against unranked Pat Healy
#6 Cerrone faces off against unranked KJ Noons (May 25 @ UFC 160)
#8 Rafael dos Anjos will face unranked Evan Dunam (May 18 @ UFC on FX 8)
#9 Khabib Nurmagomedov will face unranked Abel Trujillo (May 25 @ UFC 160)
#10 Joe Lauzon is unmatched right now.

Thomson and Melendez will most likely wait to see what happens in May, but I would love to see Pearson get a real contender to see where he stands and I'd like to see Gomi scrap with Melendez.

Right now, I'd see the new rankings as:

Champ: Bendo
#1 - Pettis
#2 - Melendez
#3 - Maynard
#4 - Miller
#5 - Thomson
#6 - Diaz
#7 - Cerrone
#8 - Grant
#9 - dos Anjos
#10 - Nurmagomedov
unranked but noteworthy: Sanchez, Gomi, Lauzon, Pearson, Masvidal, Barboza, Healy, and Jury. Whenever Penn or Edgar return to the division, they'd give another injection of fun match-ups (I'd pay to see Penn against another Diaz brother)

TheNatural

My Member!
CM Punk and Lita were in attendance for last night's UFC on FOX show from the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California. The couple was seen sitting near the cage with other stars.

Punk attended last weekend's UFC event also and will be attending the April 27th UFC 159 pay-per-view from New Jersey where his friend Chael Sonnen will take on Jon Jones.

On a related note, MMA veteran Mark Coleman was upset with Punk at last weekend's UFC event. Because UFC producers decided to show Punk on TV instead of Coleman, Coleman became furious to the point he wanted to attack Punk and start a fight with him. Nothing came of it but the situation on Coleman's side was serious enough that several people at the event were talking about it.

LOL

Dysun

Mark still got that roid rage huh?

Yall ready to see the match up nobody asked for? Jon Jones is out of LHW cans to smash, lets bring up more MWs!

brentech

I was pulling for Matt Brown, when I lived in Columbus he would show up at BW3s to watch fights after his season on TUF. Seemed like a cool dude. Glad he managed a win, but damn did that body shot almost take him out of it.

How did you all see the Benson fight scored. Chael and Stann both suggested that Melendez won the 1-2-3. I personally thought he won 1-5, with the other rounds clearly going to Benson.

I don't really see how they were scoring the 5th in Benson's favor, but not the middle rounds. Not that it matters as they weren't the judges, but yea. Curious what you guys saw there.

Afrikan

^

1st and 5th for sure for Gil.... 3rd and 4th for Bendo

2nd round was the key one that is debatable.

I felt Gil won that round overall.

TheNatural

My Member!
How did you all see the Benson fight scored. Chael and Stann both suggested that Melendez won the 1-2-3. I personally thought he won 1-5, with the other rounds clearly going to Benson.

I don't really see how they were scoring the 5th in Benson's favor, but not the middle rounds. Not that it matters as they weren't the judges, but yea. Curious what you guys saw there.

1 to Melendez, the other 4 to Bendo, but I could see someone giving him another.

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2013/04/henderson-vs-melendez-official-ufc.html

What's funny is all these lightweight title fights have been so close recently, and I feel the judges have got it right every time, and the strike metrics have backed that up. The definitive moments of the fight clearly went to the winner in all these fights and the right guy has won every time. People just let their bias get to them.

brentech

^

I can agree with that. I just thought Benson had the control in the second and landed more meaningful hits.

But yea, in no world can i understand how they gave him the 5th.
Benson really needs to do something about his hair. Saw him use his hands to push it back and then get hit while doing it too many times, that or he'd get rushed into the fence.

^

I only gave Gil the first round. The rest of the fight I saw Bendo landing the more meaningful strikes.

What really made the significant difference was in the first round, when Bendo would charge in with strikes, Gil would stand his ground and get the better of the exchanges with short punches while Bendo's strikes would go long and miss. Once Bendo made the change in the second to using Elbows instead of punches, he was landing more strikes that were harder. Add in the leg kicks and it goes pretty decisively to Bendo. I can see the logic of those who gave Gil the 5th but I felt Gil never overcame the early lead Bendo established at the beginning of that round.

muddream

Banned
1 to Melendez, the other 4 to Bendo, but I could see someone giving him another.

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2013/04/henderson-vs-melendez-official-ufc.html

What's funny is all these lightweight title fights have been so close recently, and I feel the judges have got it right every time, and the strike metrics have backed that up. The definitive moments of the fight clearly went to the winner in all these fights and the right guy has won every time. People just let their bias get to them.

Those dumb strike metrics also show Bendo clearly winning the first round lol.

Gil won that shit.

muddream

Banned
It was also a close round though and Benderson was on the mat a couple times.

The first and third were the only one-sided rounds, Bendo was useless in the standup before he threw elbows. Strike metrics are stupid yo.

However, what pisses me off the most is that this Bendo/Gil controversy is saving Francis Carmont from a public flogging for easily being the worst fuckerturd in UFC history.

TheNatural

My Member!
The first and third were the only one-sided rounds, Bendo was useless in the standup before he threw elbows. Strike metrics are stupid yo.

However, what pisses me off the most is that this Bendo/Gil controversy is saving Francis Carmont from a public flogging for easily being the worst fuckerturd in UFC history.

Try this one on for size:

@danawhite the judge who scored it for Gil, wade vierra is a Cesar Gracie JJ affiliate/student? How is that legal? #ufc #ufconfox7

CSAC judge Wade Vierra runs an affiliate school of Team Cesar Gracie, and Gil Melendez is a Team Cesar Gracie brown belt, as confirmed by a brief google search.

SMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom