• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

Chael via not being racist, but race-baiting through coded language to elicit a subliminal response from the 18-34 white UFC fan base to propel himself into title fights he didn't actually deserve in order to parlay his success into a cushy analyst gig

Chael via not being racist, but race-baiting through coded language to elicit a subliminal response from the 18-34 white UFC fan base to propel himself into title fights he didn't actually deserve in order to parlay his success into a cushy analyst gig

lol dead on.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
20130321140441-64aac365.gif

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Let the record show that I am no longer a fan of Jon Jones. I will always respect his in-ring ability, but the dude is just a complete cornball. Rashad was right all along.

lol
It's fine. I've replaced you on the Bones Jones bandwagon and I now consider him the number 1 p4p fighter in the sport.

Vio-Lence

Banned
the only take away from the long winded rant posted by PC is that he thinks kideogames are becoming a sophisticated medium of art. PC who ya crapping?

Vio-Lence

Banned
Heel what's worse:

A. random gaming side GAF member X, who sports a loli-animu avatar, which may or may not have a phallus in or around her mouth.
B. MMA-GAF member Y, who sports rotating avatars of porcelain doll, plastic surgery crazed Korean women which may or may not have phallic meat products in or around their mouths.

it's an A or B answer friend...

Capt:
I'd argue the reason video games are bad is the same reason 99.99% of the American comics are bad. Creative.

dream

I WANT kideo games to be considered an artform, but I just don't think it can happen. Making art is hard, and requires certain intellectual and aesthetic competence and ambition on the part of the artists. Now, yes, there are the occasional anomalies, like the Bioshocks and the Journeys of the world, but I think the kideo game business is fundamentally at odds with creativity. Funky ideas, the pushing of boundaries, creating new genres, excellent writing, and unusual art styles just aren't financially viable. Plus, having manbabies like these guys in positions of power does not help:

ignj0aqhktrhdseurymiunh.gif

Speaking of video games, this may be an unpopular opinion, but does anyone else think the Oculus Rift is going to be fairly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things? It looks cool as shit, but people are hyping it up like it's the next Wii or the future of the industry or something. In reality, it's going to be really expensive, will probably require a lot of work for devs to make their games properly compatible, is going to be really hard to demo or market, and is really mostly ideal for a single game type (FPS).

It's going to be the flight stick of the new generation.

I don't care how mainstream the Oculus Rift gets or doesn't get, I just know that I want it. Glad I skipped on the dev kit though.

But if it doesn't get mainstream, developers won't properly support it and all it will be is dust in the wind. It will fade faster than Brett Rogers' career.

It holds a promise of a cool future though. It shows what can be done, and they are a small bit company.

Now imagine when a big company improves on it and delivers it at a much lower price.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
But if it doesn't get mainstream, developers won't properly support it and all it will be is dust in the wind. It will fade faster than Brett Rogers' career.

I agree it's going to be a niche product, but the market it appeals to is likely to be willing and able to hack their games to support it. I don't see anything you wear on your head ever replacing screens in the mainstream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom