• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disgusting listening to Rogan hyping up DosSantos after defeating Mark Hunt. Mark Hunt are you fucking kidding me? He's a freaks how fighter in Japan, nothing more. He's Minowaman fodder.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Disgusting listening to Rogan hyping up DosSantos after defeating Mark Hunt. Mark Hunt are you fucking kidding me? He's a freaks how fighter in Japan, nothing more. He's Minowaman fodder.
excuse me jefe

hunto came into the youfsee and had 4 wins, 3 knockouts againce every1 put frontof him

ASK Joe Silver

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
This is ether.

rNEVUuF.png

Been partying last night and the fights were spoiled. : ( HUNNNNTOOO

I wanna see him an Roy throw down now

That fight was pretty competitive. Hunt brought it much more than Roy and Carwin.

Been partying last night and the fights were spoiled. : ( HUNNNNTOOO

I wanna see him an Roy throw down now

That fight was pretty competitive. Hunt brought it much more than Roy and Carwin.
Yeah and breaking his fucking toe in the FIRST FUCKING ROUND but he keeps going. His budo is unmatched, and shitty douchebag MMA writers like Tomas Rios are tweeting bullshit like this.

Also, WTF is Brittney doing to herself, she's looking more and more like Kenda Perez every day :(

Heel

Yeah and breaking his fucking toe in the FIRST FUCKING ROUND but he keeps going. His budo is unmatched, and shitty douchebag MMA writers like Tomas Rios are tweeting bullshit like this.

lol if anything that fight validated why people talk about and will continue to talk about Mark Hunt.

Also, WTF is Brittney doing to herself, she's looking more and more like Kenda Perez every day :(

They both be mirin Kenda.

Just watched the fights. I liked how in the first two minutes of the JDS/Hunt fight when Hunt was getting the better of JDS, Rogan tried to push the narrative of Hunt being an elite striker the likes of which JDS has never fought before and who he'll never be able to be on the same level of (citing Jerome Le Banner as one of those elite opponents Hunt has faced). Next 13 minutes - JDS peppering and decimating Hunt with jabs, hooks, crosses, uppercuts while Hunt wings wild overhand rights that miss every time.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Just watched the fights. I liked how in the first two minutes of the JDS/Hunt fight when Hunt was getting the better of JDS, Rogan tried to push the narrative of Hunt being an elite striker the likes of which JDS has never fought before and who he'll never be able to be on the same level of (citing Jerome Le Banner as one of those elite opponents Hunt has faced). Next 13 minutes - JDS peppering and decimating Hunt with jabs, hooks, crosses, uppercuts while Hunt wings wild overhand rights that miss every time.

Who's really pushing a narrative here? Prior to Hunt, the best striker JDS had fought was probably the ghost of Mirko. Rogan only said that Hunt had more experience against elite strikers, and it was and still is true. A short, fat 40 year old with a broken toe gave Junior his toughest stand-up battle in the UFC, that's not a knock on Junior but a testament to Hunt. If you think he was just winging overhand rights you weren't paying attention.

That said, that was probably Junior's most impressive performance in the UFC (to me). Adapting, persevering and going for the finish til the very end (with a kick no less), plus his chin didn't seem that much worse for wear after the Cain fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom