• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

You guys might want to get your Thank you, Shogun's in early. This is how careers end.

What a waste. Sonnen needs to go away.

What you have to fucking understand is, Chael is a fucking stud. No one else wanted this fucking fight. He stepped up when no one else would.

Junkie is reporting that the Shogun vs the Shael is a done deal.

And the Shael gonna get those takedowns so easily.

Bad stylistic matchup for Mauricio :(

MjFrancis

Sonnen v. Shogun might be an interesting fight. Sonnen has little to lose and tons to gain by taking this. He can prove he belongs in the LHW division or he can join the ranks of Forest Griffin and Brandon Vera on the list of cans taken out by our former LHW champ.

Shogun needs a victory pretty badly though but he'll get it if he can keep Sonnen from pinning him on the cage or on his back too often. A knockout would be fun to see.

Vio-Lence

Banned
After Chael P. Sonnen beats Shogun like a dog, I hope they book the Wanderlei fight next. Watching a real American hero defeat these 2 fraudulent yakuza fighters would be great.

Heel

Shogun is the LeBron James of mixed martials, a guy everyone thought had the potential to be the best to ever do it. Chael Sonnen is a small market Joe like the Indiana Pacers, exposing the truth and only making headlines at press conferences.

Truth hurts.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I think a more apt comparison would be the loathe to workout in the off-season Shaquille O'Neal. The amount of times Mauricio showed up to fight out of shape or with a spare tire around his waist in the UFC is criminal.

Dana said these are the best athletes in the world.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Shogun is the LeBron James of mixed martials, a guy everyone thought had the potential to be the best to ever do it. Chael Sonnen is a small market Joe like the Indiana Pacers, exposing the truth and only making headlines at press conferences.

Truth hurts.

So the UFC will not allow Shogun to lose?

Heel

So the UFC will not allow Shogun to lose?

i1YuxoqGoGkOh.gif

Man, I'd love nothing more than the Pacers to play so well that they overcome lopsided officiating and the sniper Stern pays to take out Hibbert's knee.

I think it's more likely that the Pacers really are like Chael P. Sonnen, and choke at the last possible moment instead of shocking da whirl.

After Chael P. Sonnen beats Shogun like a dog, I hope they book the Wanderlei fight next. Watching a real American hero defeat these 2 fraudulent yakuza fighters would be great.

I hope you're right. I'm not particularly a Sonnen fan but I'm even less of a fan of most of the Brazilian fighters.

No matter what happens I think this fight is way more interesting than Lil Nog vs Shogun.

DKehoe

People like to complain about Chael but you have to respect the way he is willing to step up and fight pretty much anyone when an opportunity arises.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Indeed. Can't wait for him to beat Shogun and call out Canderlei.

I'm actually leaning towards Shogun here. Not sure why; could be Pride goggles, but who has shale ever really beat? UFC washout Nate "the not so great" Marquardt and Michael "lost to Canderlei" Bisping. Pls, the rest is all talk.

Shogoon by tko in the 2nd.

People like to complain about Chael but you have to respect the way he is willing to step up and fight pretty much anyone when an opportunity arises.

No I don't. He is a fucking scrub with a mouth. He SHOULD be willing to take any fight thrown at him because he sucks. If he were good, he could afford to be a little more picky. I'm sure you could find any number of cans from Bad-MMA shows around the country willing to fight on 2 hours notice. Most likely they suck too.

Heel

Convince me that Shogun (and his Dom Cruz-level anterior cruciate ligaments) has better takedown defense than Anderson Silver.

Wasting money on Freddie Roach won't save him from this ass whipping when Shael P. blasts that power double.

Vio-Lence

Banned
No I don't. He is a fucking scrub with a mouth. He SHOULD be willing to take any fight thrown at him because he sucks. If he were good, he could afford to be a little more picky. I'm sure you could find any number of cans from Bad-MMA shows around the country willing to fight on 2 hours notice. Most likely they suck too.

No we all prefer guys who duck dangerous opponents and competitive fights for fights with hand-picked bums like Mr. SP and Spider Silver.

Convince me that Shogun (and his Dom Cruz-level anterior cruciate ligaments) has better takedown defense than Anderson Silver.

Wasting money on Freddie Roach won't save him from this ass whipping when Shael P. blasts that power double.

Preach it brotha. A 45 year old Marc The Hammer Coleman gave Mauricio everything he could handle and had him sucking for air after 5 hard minutes.

I like Sonnen and all, but lets face it. He managed to do even worse than Shogun in the Bones fight. Gun is way past his prime, but hes been in there with killers, while Shale has been fighting Filho, Nate, Cann and Bisping. I don't see how Shael will win, especially given the short notice.

muddream

Banned
The Shale can take short notice fights because he's a can who fights the same way against everyone. What's troubling is that most of the public still considers Shogun a good fighter and the last thing this troubled sport needs is Chael P. Sonnen being "in the mix" again.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I don't see why MMA-math is being used as an argument for Fatgun. Short notice Shale will be in better shape than Fatgun to go 3 rounds.

Fatgun will be gassed within 1 minute of defending takedowns.

The last time we talked about dieting in this thread we all got banned. I'm just saying...
STARTING STRENGTH

People online are really bitching about Chael P getting this fight and to them I say, if not the Shael, then who? No one else would've taken this fight except for some joke like Ilir Latifi or somebody like Igor Pokrajac.

Out of the people who would've realistically accepted the fight, the American Gangster was the best choice.

DKehoe

He doesn't suck. Yeh, Jones and Anderson wrecked him but they are Jones and Anderson. If he hadn't stepped forward Shogun would have probably been pulled from this card.

Heel

People online are really bitching about Chael P getting this fight and to them I say, if not the Shael, then who? No one else would've taken this fight except for some joke like Ilir Latifi or somebody like Igor Pokrajac.

Out of the people who would've realistically accepted the fight, the American Gangster was the best choice.

It's an excellent pairing on short notice and a damn close fight. Wouldn't even be surprised to see Chael open as a slight favorite.

People online are really bitching about Chael P getting this fight and to them I say, if not the Shael, then who?

Unless these same people were vocal about the ridiculousness of Chael getting a title shot against Jones .. after coming off a loss in a lower weight class .. they don't deserve to complain about this. At least this fight makes sense and there's no real stakes to it and its not tying up a title fight for an actual contender.

dream

Let's not forget that Mauricio has the distinction of being the only active fighter on the Ultimate roster who has lost two fights by tapping to strikes. He has v much been exposed as being a soft bitch, and I'm not exactly sure why anyone would choose him over Chael P.

DKehoe

Let's not forget that Mauricio has the distinction of being the only active fighter on the Ultimate roster who has lost two fights by tapping to strikes. He has v much been exposed as being a soft bitch, and I'm not exactly sure why anyone would choose him over Chael P.

There was the Jones one, what was the other?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

Let's not forget either that against Jones he tapped after the fight had been stopped.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Shogoon's too big for shale. He's got a decent shot at tkoing sonnen in the first two rounds. Having said that I have very little faith in a man who has the gas tank of a children's scooter and barely beat brandon vera. If it goes past the 2nd Shale by UD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom