• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fur you see in the video(and probably what you'll get on consoles) is what they show at 0:09, the good looking stuff is fancy NVIDIA tech that won't be on consoles.

I don't doubt eventually we will see similar stuff. Too bad Witcher 3 won't have it though! (on consoles)

3RNJvw6.png

One of the two will take the easy marketing opp with the 11/12/13 date.

Well some third party games have a date at the end of October for PS4 and no date for Xbone except the generic last day of November.

Guys, I want the Spurs to do what they did last night for the next two games. I need this to happen to Spo. Most overrated coach of all time needs to get his shit pushed in by POP the GOD.

WiiU is perfect for a secondary console. Bayonetta 2, X, Mario, Zelda and Donkey Kong. I also assume No More Heroes 3 will be on the WiiU. A $250 price point seems more than reasonable.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
WiiU is perfect for a secondary console. Bayonetta 2, X, Mario, Zelda and Donkey Kong. I also assume No More Heroes 3 will be on the WiiU. A $250 price point seems more than reasonable.

The problem is that console is still $350 with no games to play until August. I can't believe their holiday lineup is Wind Waker HD, Mario Land and DKC.

ShaneB

:(

To be honest, I'm only looking forward a few games funded by kickstarter and Witcher 3. When those are out I'm ready to quit gaming.

Do you even listen to some of the nonsense you say? You were losing your shit over Mirror's Edge 2 and now you've already forgotten it.

Im holding out some hope that some games like No More Heroes and Muramassa come out for the WiiU. All in all, I was happy with the original Wii for offering some original content not seen on the PS360.

FACE

Banned
Do you even listen to some of the nonsense you say? You were losing your shit over Mirror's Edge 2 and now you've already forgotten it.

I remembered it's an EA game, thus, it will require Origin.

Edit: And they announced it'll be open world.

I remembered it's an EA game, thus, it will require Origin.

Edit: And they announced it'll be open world.
I set origin games up to be launched by steam and it works quite well. Ubisoft recently got their shit together with uPlay and now those games can launch directly from Steam as well.

ShaneB

It's not inherently good nor bad, but I'm skeptical because way too many devs botch open world games.

The best thing about Mirror's Edge are the time trails. You know why? Because you run them over and over again. Mirror's Edge was great in theory, but the campaign failed when things slowed down to a crawl, when you got stuck in an area that you didn't know, and had no idea where to go. You get shot, you realize oh shit I don't know where to go because I've never been here before, and you die. Open world means you can explore everywhere, you get to know what leads where and all the intricacies, and when shit goes down, you can parkour with the best of them and feel like you can get away, and not just stand still while figuring out what the hell is going on.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
As big of an ass-whooping the Spurs gave us last night, it only counts for 1 loss. We can still pull this series out and should we do so, what I will do to this thread will make McKayla pic spam look like child's play. When game 2 in 2011 was horrifically choked away, I knew the series was a wrap. I felt the team couldn't recover mentally from it. Game 3's near choke and game 4's second choke confirmed it. I don't feel that with this year's team. I think they'll respond well for game 4. I don't know what the hell happens in game 5 though.

DAT ESPN NARRATIVE. lebron has always been a joke. i really hope miami loses this series.

He came into the NBA already crowded. MJ, Magic, Kobe, Dream, Duncan, and all the other greats earned their spot.

I want the Spurs to win because Pop and Duncan are about to retire. I also hate Spo and think he is overrated as fuck. Rose doesn't get hurt and the Bulls win next year.

As big of an ass-whooping the Spurs gave us last night, it only counts for 1 loss. We can still pull this series out and should we do so, what I will do to this thread will make McKayla pic spam look like child's play. When game 2 in 2011 was horrifically choked away, I knew the series was a wrap. I felt the team couldn't recover mentally from it. I don't feel that with this team. I think they'll respond well for game 4. I don't know what the hell happens in 5 though.

Bro I think Spo is about to get fucked. How do you adjust to this? Start rushing the shooters and you leave Duncan in the post and Parker open for the drive. Really listening to Bron on ESPN he understands what needs to be done but I don't think he can do it. Kawhi's length is too much for him and Green is too quick. Pop's adjustment to Bron has been outstanding this series. If Heat win it will be in the 7th game after losing game 6 because they will not lose twice in a row at home.

bone_and_sinew

He came into the NBA already crowded. MJ, Magic, Kobe, Dream, Duncan, and all the other greats earned their spot.

I want the Spurs to win because Pop and Duncan are about to retire. I also hate Spo and think he is overrated as fuck. Rose doesn't get hurt and the Bulls win next year.
Who the hell overrates Spo? He gets routinely killed by fans everywhere as he should because he's a mediocre coach.

The showfloor reports on DriveClub haven't been glowing. I'm sure the game will shape up though (currently at 35% apparently) or else I'll be playing Need for Speed at launch.
There shouldn't be any excuse for a racing game on PS4 or XBone to run at 30FPS.

Drive Club currently runs at 30FPS. Fuck that. Looked pretty close to a last gen game IMO.

Who the hell overrates Spo? He gets routinely killed by fans everywhere as he should because he's a mediocre coach.

You don't pay attention during games? "Spo is on his way to being a HoF coach" has been said throughout the fucking playoffs. It's part of the narrative. Future HoF player+Future HoF coach going on a run is the story.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There shouldn't be any excuse for a racing game on PS4 or XBone to run at 30FPS.

Drive Club currently runs at 30FPS. Fuck that. Looked pretty close to a last gen game IMO.

It's 30? Jeezus. I put up with Horizon because it looked unbelievable and weirdly, I didn't notice it like I usually do (I usually get butthurt w/o 60fps but hey) - between DmC's weird 30 and Horizon, I didn't mind so much. Of course, PC DmC was amazing and phenomenal, but yeah. Shooting for 30fps really bums me out, and Killzone's 30fps target bummed me out too.

Z0UBmHr.png

The Portugal get no hespec from Microsoft.

Portugal is Sony land anyway.

But still, it's hilarious considering the state of broadbhand here, these days almost everybody has at least a 30Meg connection.

Wii U is essentially only Nintendo games going forward. even shovelware kings Ubisoft are abandoning the thing.

And Nintendo just doesn't change. Mario Kart, Smash bros, Super Mario, Donkey Kong... I mean come the fuck on man. Holy shit, they keep making the same goddamn games for 20 years.

I mean they won't even do a big budget 3D Pokemon, they just keep pumping out the same shit on handhelds. Nintendo fans are just mind boggling.

Nintendo (according to Reggie) is positioning Wind Waker Hd as a system seller... WIND WAKER

Vio-Lence

Banned
FACE,

Let's break this down.

399 USD for PS4 at launch. To use the console, the consumer is forced into paying 60 USD annually to play online. Let's assume the average user will sub to PS+ for 4 years to utilize the console's online capabilities, we're talking around 650 USD cost of ownership for the PS4.

At that price I can get a 780 gtx or the eventual 880 gtx.

I'm going to keep my PS4 preorder, but if I see the scalper market is strong this holiday season, I may try to flip it for PC components. My PC can also use an upgrade.

I have 6 years of PS+ saved up. So it's not like I care about the online stuff. I don't even really play games online. Unless MMA-Gaf play's The Division together I probably won't play online.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
FACE,

Let's break this down.

399 USD for PS4 at launch. To use the console, the consumer is forced into paying 60 USD annually to play online. Let's assume the average user will sub to PS+ for 4 years to utilize the console's online capabilities, we're talking around 650 USD cost of ownership for the PS4.

I'm going to keep my PS4 preorder, but if I see the scalper market is strong this holiday season, I may try to flip it for PC components. My PC can also use an upgrade.

Except you need more parts for a PC and you'll probably need to upgrade, at least, the gfx card once every 3-4 years. At least when I used to build my own stuff. So the comparison kinda falters. The PS4 will have a life of 8-10 years, with the games only getting better. You won't get that with a PC. OTOH, I kind imagine what kind of graphics a top-shelf PC will be capable of in 8-10...

bone_and_sinew

You don't pay attention during games? "Spo is on his way to being a HoF coach" has been said throughout the fucking playoffs. It's part of the narrative. Future HoF player+Future HoF coach going on a run is the story.
I watch the games at work, we don't have any audio from the games on since music is playing instead.

Bro I think Spo is about to get fucked. How do you adjust to this? Start rushing the shooters and you leave Duncan in the post and Parker open for the drive. Really listening to Bron on ESPN he understands what needs to be done but I don't think he can do it. Kawhi's length is too much for him and Green is too quick. Pop's adjustment to Bron has been outstanding this series. If Heat win it will be in the 7th game after losing game 6 because they will not lose twice in a row at home.
Haslem has guarded Duncan well and has re-discovered his money mid-range jumper. We need to go to him a little more. Bosh was missing wide open elbow jumpers from his money right side that he usually makes. We need to run more curls with Ray Allen. Defensively, a lot of rotations were sloppy rotations and the Spurs simply being hot. Too much watching and not enough reacting by Cole and Miller, a lot of miscommunication as well for weakside help. The Birdman missed a lot of rebounds he usually gets. LeBron was pure passive mode and Wade vanished at halftime. Yesterday was a combination of the Spurs playing beast mode and the Heat playing like pure shit. The Heat are the ultimate "when they lose they're cans, when they win they're unstoppable" knee-jerk reaction analysis team. Spo made adjustments in game 2, as mediocre as he is I expect some for game 4. Let's not make the Spurs invincible either, this is a team that lost 4 straight to OKC last year and Pop got outcoached by fucking Scott Brooks of all coaches. Also, we don't know how Parker will do with his strained hammy.

bone_and_sinew

don't you hate it when fans refer to a sporting team as "WE"?
I financially support the team by attending games, buying merchandise, and the team is a representative of the city I live in. It's always been stupid to me when people bitch about fans using "we". Without fans there is no team unless the owner is cheap prick who hoards revenue sharing, keeps a low payroll, and can keep his team profitable anyway.

FACE

Banned
FACE,

Let's break this down.

That's assuming you live in the US, the brazilian division of Sony loves to price gouge.

PC gaming will always offer more value to me, all the games I'm interested in are coming to PC and I can still play all of the good stuff released 15 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom