• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
FACE,

Let's break this down.

399 USD for PS4 at launch. To use the console, the consumer is forced into paying 60 USD annually to play online. Let's assume the average user will sub to PS+ for 4 years to utilize the console's online capabilities, we're talking around 650 USD cost of ownership for the PS4.

At that price I can get a 780 gtx or the eventual 880 gtx.

I'm going to keep my PS4 preorder, but if I see the scalper market is strong this holiday season, I may try to flip it for PC components. My PC can also use an upgrade.
Why stop there? Might as well add in the cost of a television and your electric bill while you're at it.

There shouldn't be any excuse for a racing game on PS4 or XBone to run at 30FPS.

Drive Club currently runs at 30FPS. Fuck that. Looked pretty close to a last gen game IMO.
DriveClub will be 60 fps at launch. Evolution's art director said they could have pushed visuals higher if they wanted to stay at 30.

don't you hate it when fans refer to a sporting team as "WE"?

Why should you?

If there's no "we" there's no sports teams, because there's no real fans. It's absolutely part of the package of being a sports team fan, and it's warranted. That's how it works.

Don't be a hater, just because you don't get it.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Why should you?

If there's no "we" there's no sports teams, because there's no real fans. It's absolutely part of the package of being a sports team fan, and it's warranted. That's how it works.

Don't be a hater, just because you don't get it.

Believe me I get it, but then I grew up. The players and owners don't give a damn about the fans. See the Bulls and that bitchmade Derrick Rose for example.

Why stop there? Might as well add in the cost of a television and your electric bill while you're at it.

poor argument is poor. paying for gimped online multiplayer is retarded.

I have a hard time saying "we" when referencing a team. They don't give a shit about me. They're there to play for themselves and make money.

We doesn't represent the team, but the whole "institution". I understand the cynical AND rational thinking behind "we" criticism, but at the end of the day the "we" is what makes these sports work on the scale they do.

With no fans the team won't exist really, and without the team there are no fans. Without "we" there's no fandom, without fandom you suddenly have this whole industry that feeds on sports that wouldn't exist in the capacity they do.

Believe me I get it, but then I grew up. The players and owners don't give a damn about the fans. See the Bulls and that bitchmade Derrick Rose for example.

Well I'm sure there will be cases like that. I'm more used to fans having a bigger say though, since that's the norm in football.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
It's easy to be cynical about it and I get it. I treat LeBron like Cristiano Ronaldo, a world-class talent who is ultimately all about him. I only root for him because he's on my team. But a guy like say, Udonis Haslem. Born and raised in Miami and does a shitload of stuff for the community without fanfare. Same with James Jones. How can I not use "we" in reference to those dudes?

Look at a team like FC Barcelona. Spain has all kinds of autonomy issues because of the diverse regional cultures. FC Barcelona is literally owned by the fans (they don't have a majority owner) and the team had to change their name during the Franco regime because Catalan language was outlawed. They build their team with local prospects and fill in the gaps with free agents. Their "more than a club" slogan is true because the team is a representative of Catalonian identity. How can their fans not say we? How can fans of Athletic Bilbao, a team that doesn't sign players who aren't from Bilbao, not say we?

5$ a month for a good service is acceptable.

I won't cry over 5 a month. From what I see PS plus will give you your money's worth back in deals and free shit anyway.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I will say soccer/football hooligans can use "we" when referring to a team. They support their teams with blood and violence. That shit is earned.

1) When Rose comes back next year Yaco is going to stan the fuck out of him if he still has it.

2) I'm watching a Korean-Drama TV show right now after listening to a friend. This shit is horrid. The production is shit and the acting is bad.

EDIT: THIS IS FUCKING HORRIBLE

YET I CAN'T STOP WATCHING IT. I need to know where this is going. Will these two ending up loving each other? I need to know this.

Vio-Lence

Banned
1) When Rose comes back next year Yaco is going to stan the fuck out of him if he still has it.

fuck that. i'm a joakim stan. bulls aint winning shit until they get a second reliable scoring option. carlos boozer doesn't count because the bulls PGs don't know how to get him going most of the time so he's largely ineffective.

No shit? You're equating the cost of a PS4 and 4 years of plus with a GPU. What the hell is a GPU by itself?

The PS4 may be a better value to some, but if you already have good components in your RIG (like me), it may be more cost effective longterm to upgrade your GPU. I'm playing devils advocate.

fuck that. i'm a joakim stan. bulls aint winning shit until they get a second reliable scoring option. carlos boozer doesn't count because the bulls PGs don't know how to get him going most of the time so he's largely ineffective.

Keep telling yourself that.

OMG THE GIRL IN THIS SHOW JUST CAUGHT HER BF WITH ANOTHER GIRL... shit just got real.

I will say soccer/football hooligans can use "we" when referring to a team. They support their teams with blood and violence. That shit is earned.

tell me about it. nothing like welcoming Porto fans with a shower of rocks and then running from cops as they start swinging down batons.

ain't about that life anymore, but i've bleed and made bleed back in the day.

Jerry finds out about soap operas.

Yo the scorned ex threw an water balloon at the other chicks face. This shit is hyped.

Now for reals. For a show called Flower Boy Ramen Shop there sure isn't that much Ramen in this first episode. Severely disappointed. Thought this would be some Tampopo type of shit but instead it's a boring ass love story... although the main guy just kicked the chick out of his car because she was crying. Left her in the middle of nowhere.

Being at my parents sucks ass. I have nothing to do until my son is out of school

EDIT: LP, it's "BOUT" not about. If you're going to quote Master P please say it the right way.

All I want to see this Saturday is a Hendo Bomb that puts Sugar into retirement, is that bad?

Resulting in Hendo vs Glover, what a f*cking fight that would be.

Whoa...

Dream, is there a female version of the male gaze? Because I think that shit just happened.

EDIT: OH SHIT TWIST WAS SOME M.NIGHT.DINGALONG TYPE SHIT. Main chick just found out the man guy is like 18 years old. She's in her 20's.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Whoa...

Dream, is there a female version of the male gaze? Because I think that shit just happened.

EDIT: OH SHIT TWIST WAS SOME M.NIGHT.DINGALONG TYPE SHIT. Main chick just found out the man guy is like 18 years old. She's in her 20's.
what are you even talking about jer?

bone_and_sinew

All I want to see this Saturday is a Hendo Bomb that puts Sugar into retirement, is that bad?
If not for this post, I wouldn't have even known there was a card this Saturday. Ugh, I hate this watered down cards to the point of apathy era the UFC is mired in. Wake me up when Showtime and Aldo scrap. That's the next big fight on my radar (Anderson's future can crushing of Weidman barely registers).

what are you even talking about jer?

LIWIXMU.jpg

It's horrible and I can't stop watching it. Still said there was no Ramen making in the first episode though.

bone_and_sinew

i'd love to see what their faces looked like before surgery

also, what ply said

You mean 50-45.

Yes, it's 5 rounds. I love seeing Hendo fight 5 round fights.

Wait, no I don't.
You'd think the UFC would have learned not to put him in five round fights in 2013 after the Machida fiasco but instead they put him against boring-ass Rashad Evans in one.

DKehoe

You mean 50-45.

Yes, it's 5 rounds. I love seeing Hendo fight 5 round fights.

Wait, no I don't.

You hated him vs Shogun? (them both not having the best gas tanks actually made the fight better)

I'd heard it was just 3, since that would be in the contract they signed when it was still the co-main.

You hated him vs Shogun? (them both not having the best gas tanks actually made the fight better)

I'd heard it was just 3, since that would be in the contract they signed when it was still the co-main.
That was vs Mauricio Shogoon, someone who loves to swing bungalows in the pocket on the bud light logo because he has no employable skills to fall back on.

This is Suga Rashad Evans, originator of the TnTnTnTnTnTnP gameplan. This will be Shields/Hendo redux, calling it now.

LP have you worked at retail before?

Any idea when we will be able to pre order the PS4 in this damn country?

yes, i worked at retail.

no, i have no idea when they open pre-orders. i called Media Markt today and they said it's gonna be soon.

even with the twist my life taken, i'm still gonna lay the pre-order. fuck it, it's 400€, it's not the end of the world.

yes, i worked at retail.

no, i have no idea when they open pre-orders. i called Media Markt today and they said it's gonna be soon.

even with the twist my life taken, i'm still gonna lay the pre-order. fuck it, it's 400€, it's not the end of the world.

You have to pay it all up front? When I pre ordered consoles before I didn't have to.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
As long as it doesn't turn out as boring Ubisoft games typically do, we'll be runnin them streets.

The last ghost recon broke my heart. It really could have been something special but it ended up being barely mediocre. The Division looks pretty. At least there's that?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The last ghost recon broke my heart. It really could have been something special but it ended up being barely mediocre. The Division looks pretty. At least there's that?

Yeah, as hyped as I am for The Division, I have to keep telling myself it's a Ubisoft game and not to expect much. They are the true masters of bullshitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom