• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
0a0a0292d38111e2b9da22000a1faf53_7.jpg

irvMFlA8fcLDl.png

The greatest athlete on Earth.

How is it a good idea to say things like that when you're in that position? I mean, so soon after Nate and Meathead had their fiascos. I can only assume that Punk is either stupid, or he hates gays so much that he just can't help himself.
Well he's a Republican.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
LeFraud, plain and simple.

lebronrun_medium.gif

Stats aside, this is not the mentality of a GOAT contender in my eyes. Moist as dude with no poise.

This is what happens when participation becomes the gold standard in childhood development.

MjFrancis

The author of the Josh Thompson article is spot-on. There's points in Thompson's statements where he pulls out ill-conceived babble that has little logical merit and then he stumbles into the potential slippery slope via polygamy. The debate is whether two consenting adults of any gender should have a state-recognized marriage. Asking why the number has to be capped at two is much more sensible than anything else he manages to crap out his face hole.

Thomson's line of thinking is off in several areas:

• We can throw "adults marrying children" and "marrying animals" right out of the discussion. Children and animals are not consenting adult humans. So yes, there is a pretty clear line that can be drawn there. And, while Thomson stated in his Facebook posts at one point that he "wasn't comparing homosexuals to animals and children" he actually is. When you create a line of logic that says gay marriage has some similarity on a moral level to pedophilia, bestiality and incest, that is exactly what you're doing.
  • There are some valid lines of thinking that polygamy should be legalized based on the fact that the government shouldn't regulate marriage. Again, the consenting adult card could be played here. And, it's worth remembering that much of the initial decision to outlaw the practice was based on nothing more than moral objections. However, there are some issues with the practice that complicate the 'should it be legalized?' discussion. Such as the fact that in most cases the societies which embrace the practice actually only embrace polygyny (one man, multiple wives) and not the reverse. Or they allow for restrictions on who can marry, in many communities restricting the ability to marry to "high status" individuals while lower status individuals are not allowed to marry. There's also the fact that, in many cases, the polygamy results in men marrying underage girls. But, there is still some valid lines of thinking to allowing consenting adults to engage in a "multiple marriage."

Vio-Lence

Banned
who gives a fuck what these human cockfighters have to say outside the cage? if they were more intelligent they wouldn't be getting punched and kicked in the head for a living.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
who gives a fuck what these human cockfighters have to say outside the cage? if they were more intelligent they wouldn't be getting punched and kicked in the head for a living.

I hope his next opponent is Elton John.

I'd put the name of a gay fighter there, but I don't want to type "gay UFC" in the google at work.

I hope his next opponent is Elton John.

I'd put the name of a gay fighter there, but I don't want to type "gay UFC" in the google at work.

Promise Ring cover your gay fighter needs.

also, gaming side has a really hard time understanding game companies are a business just like auto or clothing manufacturers.

At the end of the day it's still a relationship, and the way these companies mediate these relationships reflects the outcome.

Reciprocity will be evaluated by both parties, so it's normal that at times company and customer won't see eye to eye.

For example Nintendo treats their customers like an older woman treats her boy toy, Sony is treating them like an ex wanting to get back in those arms, and MS is treating them like an high maintenance gold digger.

I'm high as shit.

MjFrancis

My initial reaction was as such until I recalled that there are possible ramifications or blowback from outside the sport. Wrassle-GAF of all folk should understand the importance of image.

muddream

Banned
At the end of the day it's still a relationship, and the way these companies mediate these relationships reflects the outcome.

Reciprocity will be evaluated by both parties, so it's normal that at times company and customer won't see eye to eye.

For example Nintendo treats their customers like an older woman treats her boy toy, Sony is treating them like an ex wanting to get back in those arms, and MS is treating them like an high maintenance gold digger.

I'm high as shit.

What I want to know is how come you Portuguese are the only Romance people who "get" English and at least don't refuse to speak/learn it. Undubbed TV shows? Too melancholic to be outrageously arrogant/ignorant about foreign languages?

And then I want to know what rapper/phenom Chief Keef is alluding when he speaks of "macaroni time"? That question's for everyone.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Dudes talking about diminishing returns while saying they're most impressed by Mario Kart and X. These fucking people are so transparent.

What I want to know is how come you Portuguese are the only Romance people who "get" English and at least don't refuse to speak/learn it. Undubbed TV shows? Too melancholic to be outrageously arrogant/ignorant about foreign languages?

Because we live in the place where the miracle of life was born playboy. Ask Nasa.

muddream

Banned
My initial reaction was as such until I recalled that there are possible ramifications or blowback from outside the sport. Wrassle-GAF of all folk should understand the importance of image.

A bad image is good for MMA, this "UFC will be bigger than soccer; safest sport in the world; best athletes in the world" charade has gone on long enough. The only thing it has brought us are shitty regional events without the BadMMA charm, an unbelievably boring 2nd broadcast team and squash match title fights.

Dudes talking about diminishing returns while saying they're most impressed by Mario Kart and X. These fucking people are so transparent.

don't you know? Mario Kart 27 MASTERS the Pixar lighting technique. or something like that.

And then I want to know what rapper/phenom Chief Keef is alluding when he speaks of "macaroni time"? That question's for everyone.

everything is subtitled here, except for kids shows.

FACE

Banned
Dan Henderson right now: " Wasn't that long ago that I was planning on my retirement. Now the only thing that's getting retired is my standards. If things get any worse I'll have to go back to fighting bums for 5k/5k"

MjFrancis

Rashad Evans boasts the most consecutive boring rounds in the UFC for the time being (thirteen, last I counted). Other fighters may have broken that streak in the past, but Evans is the current MMA headliner most likely to put the fans to sleep.

Dan Henderson bored me half to death last time, too - and I like the guy. If the UFC were the true heir to the gladiatorial past they like to conjure up for promos then both of these fighters would have been fed to the lions already.

So barring an unexpected KO, I'm uninterested.

Jones by 1st round TKO. Sorry young Mauler.

Dan Henderson bored me half to death last time, too - and I like the guy.

Well to be fair that was mostly due to Lyoto "Zero Budo" Machida bouncing away and never committing and point fighting for three rounds. Hendo woulda slang those bungalows if he could've kept up with Machida. Not sayings not a valid strategy for Machida to employ (because it obviously works) its just not fun to watch.

dream

Rashad Evans boasts the most consecutive boring rounds in the UFC for the time being (thirteen, last I counted). Other fighters may have broken that streak in the past, but Evans is the current MMA headliner most likely to put the fans to sleep.

Disagree, sir. Rush is riding a ridiculous 30 (arguably 40) consecutive boring rounds streak, a record that will never be broken.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
The only intriguing part about mauler v snitch bones that is interesting is the height thing. Mauler's chin v feather fisted bones pretty much guarantees a 50-45 ud

Heel

"The thing about the UFC machine, they will always churn out a new contender. On paper you'd think Jon Jones can clean out the division next year, but there will always be a warm body to throw in there. Look at Anderson and Georges.

Also, throw in Alexander Gustafsson by the time 2013 rolls around." -- Heel the Mixed Martial Soothsayer, 2011

MjFrancis

Disagree, sir. Rush is riding a ridiculous 30 (arguably 40) consecutive boring rounds streak, a record that will never be broken.
See GSP is almost certainly the all-time champion - but I'm not one of those people who found Condit v. St-Pierre boring. There's an argument that the Diaz squash match sucked, I can give that - but I still liked that one, too.

GSP's fights from Jon Fitch through Jake Shields was a 29 round snoozefest that lasted four years. And that is almost certainly going to be the record. I would say Rashad Evans is following in his footsteps, but even his meager 13 rounds have been more boring by several orders of magnitude. The Evans-Lil Nog patty cake match will go down as some of the most boring shit ever displayed on a television screen.

Well to be fair that was mostly due to Lyoto "Zero Budo" Machida bouncing away and never committing and point fighting for three rounds. Hendo woulda slang those bungalows if he could've kept up with Machida. Not sayings not a valid strategy for Machida to employ (because it obviously works) its just not fun to watch.
We're in total agreement. Lyoto shares a lot of the blame for making that one a boring fight. He goes to the Lions as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom