• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Gustafsson hasn't fought since December and gets a title shot

Last 3 wins - Shogun, T Silva, Matsyushenko

I thought he needed 1-2 more wins

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
I'm all for Machida fighting anyone that doesn't allow him to dance around like an E-d up kid at a rave, him getting dropped is just icing on the cake.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Pick the lesser of 2 evils friend.

Bones is from NY..so..i guess the hometown thing is there, however Ryuto at least got some fire on his hands. What are the odds of two people getting lupus in the octagon at the same time?

*edit* yea jerry..who has bones knocked out? Besides his audience?

Everyone is going to be on Ryu's balls once he highlight reel KO's Davis. Its the Machida cycle, hes in one boring fight than everyone hates him for point fighting, than when his finishes everyones like "teh Machida eraz iz teh back"

so, the e-fed roster features a female Japanese fighter and i thought "let's give her a generic j-pop entrance theme then".

i hop onto youtube to search for something listenable and holy shit, the amount of jerrys in the comment section is brutal.

i cliked on 3 videos and already got enough material to enter therapy.

edit: lol, Lady Gaga gotta be a complete rip-off of this right here

http://youtu.be/RjqMn9nbnN0?t=1m22s

Best thing about e3 week THE GIFS!

tumblr_mocbesWs8E1rhik2ho1_400.gif

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Man of Steel getting slammed. Say goodbye to word of mouth, let's see if some still think it hits 1b.

What is the ACTUAL word of mouth like? I never pay attention to reviews for movies but Man of Steel still looks like a good way to spend 2.5 hours.

EDIT - The Avengers has a 92% on RT. That type of shit is why I say fuck movie reviews.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
What is the ACTUAL word of mouth like? I never pay attention to reviews for movies but Man of Steel still looks like a good way to spend 2.5 hours.

EDIT - The Avengers has a 92% on RT. That type of shit is why I say fuck movie reviews.

Why you wanna watch an interstellar white man court a terrestrial white woman?

muddream

Banned
Why do critics love Avengers, but hate Transformers? Because the stupid one-liners are spoken by popular actors? The special effects and action scenes aren't half as good and as far as suspense goes...well, Autobots are actually allowed to die.

trust me, the power of prediction that allowed me to envision TJ bodying Gray tell me it's gonna be an entertaining card.

please be excited.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Man of Steel getting slammed. Say goodbye to word of mouth, let's see if some still think it hits 1b.
Here's what's going to happen on my end; I'm going to watch it super blazed, enjoy the cinematography and not pay attention to the plot details too much and like the movie. Then I'll rewatch it sober and be horrified by the crappy storytelling since the initial wonder of the spectacular cinematography will be gone. Or as I like to call it, "The Prometheus Cycle".

Why do critics love Avengers, but hate Transformers? Because the stupid one-liners are spoken by popular actors? The special effects and action scenes aren't half as good and as far as suspense goes...well, Autobots are actually allowed to die.

Because Marvel and Joss made it. That's all. The critics sale themselves on something before it is even released. Guys like Ebert are dead.

You can say fuck movie reviews all you want pasty, truth is they reflect movie quality and word of mouth more often than not.

Avengers has a 92% on RT, and 1.5B at the box office. There's no way to twist it, people loved that movie.

Because Transformers is trash? Crap comedy, crap characters, crap story. It's basically just metal hitting metal for 20 minutes every 15 minutes or so.

Because Marvel and Joss made it. That's all. The critics sale themselves on something before it is even released. Guys like Ebert are dead.

Lol, please finish it by saying "Critics have something against DC movies", please!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Lol, Thomson
"I am not against gay rights or gay marriage in anyway," stated Thomson. "My comments were completely taken out of context by some members of the media and I have since removed them out of respect for anyone who may have been offended. It was not my intention to offend or hurt anyone."

And the dumb/offensive comment train continues to roll - Roy Nelson calls Daniel Cormier an "Uncle Tom"
Let's see Mike Kogan go to work.

lol

And lol @ Thomson with the typical Republican "my completely quoted comments that weren't altered and had nothing omitted from them were somehow taken out of context because reasons" response.

You can say fuck movie reviews all you want pasty, truth is they reflect movie quality and word of mouth more often than not.

Avengers has a 92% on RT, and 1.5B at the box office. There's no way to twist it, people loved that movie.

Because Transformers is trash? Crap comedy, crap characters, crap story. It's basically just metal hitting metal for 20 minutes every 15 minutes or so!

So why do the Transformer movies make a shit load of money? Critics get it wrong all the time.

i enjoyed the 1st Transformers more than The Avengers.

not planning on watching the new Superman but i'll watch the one where they have a giant CG Doomsday beating the shit out of him. that's the plan, right, make a couple of movies till Superman dies?

So why do the Transformer movies make a shit load of money? Critics get it wrong all the time.

Because it kids, teens and manchilds still like to see Big Robots throwing down and Michael Bay knows just the right style to make it shiny.

There's nothing to it, Transformers success isn't like "incomprehensible". For example, if On Stranger Tides was the first movie in the franchise and it had done 1b, then it would be incomprehensible because really, almost everybody thought it was a shit movie.

Critics get it wrong all the time? I don't see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom