• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least will be seen when Anderson smashing Chris Joe.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT NAS IS STILL THE BEST
lol no, his albums always turn out to be underwhelming. Also, they always have that one super super lame song that jacks something recognizable in a completely uninspired way to the point that it spoils the rest of the album. The latest offender would be "Reach Out".

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
lol no, his albums always turn out to be underwhelming. Also, they always have that one super super lame song that jacks something recognizable in a completely uninspired way to the point that it spoils the rest of the album. The latest offender would be "Reach Out".

Name the last 'inspired' west coast album you canadian bastage.

dream

The+Dove+Shack.jpg

dream

It's true, Kendrick Lamar is fucking terrible. And now that I think about it, gr1m is probably right. Granted, I haven't been "down" since the days of Little Brother but it does seem like west coast hip hop is done. All the good shit, like Joey Bada$$, comes from the other side of the country.

muddream

Banned
Why the fuck isn't Glory showing their undercards on the stream, I'm too sleepy to make it to WAR MMA without some form of constant video entertainment. Hope Nick's boy Zubin knows how to archive a stream, didn't plan on donating $4.20 just for the cause.

Heel

The black man in a white suit tap dancing absolutely kills it in that video. Honorable mention to Jerry in the yellow tie.

Hooray for being a loser - gonna drink alone tonight and watch Tokyo Drift.

Watched 2 Fast 2 Furious last weekend and discovered where this thread's vernacular come from (although we do it in a sarcastic manner). It was so jarring, yet hilarious to hear people actually punctuate their sentences with bro and breh.

Name the last 'inspired' west coast album you canadian bastage.
hey, most hip hop I like comes from the east.. Just saying that Nas couldn't make a good album if his life depended on it. Only reason Illmatic was good was the guidance from MC Serch. Then the Trackmasters got a hold of Nas and he was a lost cause ever since.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
hey, most hip hop I like comes from the east.. Just saying that Nas couldn't make a good album if his life depended on it. Only reason Illmatic was good was the guidance from MC Serch. Then the Trackmasters got a hold of Nas and he was a lost cause ever since.

Illmatic was good cause the lyrics were tight. Something everyone west of NYC knows nothing about. You dudes rhyme orange with orange. There hasnt been a single west coast standout SINCE pac...who coincidentally grew up in harlem.

Illmatic was good cause the lyrics were tight. Something everyone west of NYC knows nothing about. You dudes rhyme orange with orange. There hasnt been a single west coast standout SINCE pac...who coincidentally grew up in harlem.
You make too many assumptions of me.. Like I said, most of the hip hop I like comes from the east.

The lyrics were definitely on point in Illmatic, but so was the production from Pete Rock, Premier, Large Pro and Q-Tip. Once he started choosing producers and beats on his own, he started doing some really bad stuff, like with Nastradamus.

Is there any other big name rapper with a worse ear for beats than Nas? In the entire history of rap? His skill on the mic is roughly equivalent to his weakness for awful tracks. Nas should release acapellas for every album so I don't have to suffer through Salaam Remi's production.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom