• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

You guys think he chose to wear a white vneck and shorts to his arraignment? He was arrested. Should he walk around his house in a suit waiting to get taken in cuffs?

muddream

Banned
Just got around to watching that Glory Tokyo featherweight tournament...so many good scraps. It's like K-1 except fighters earn their spots and ethnicity isn't part of the judging criteria.

Glad they got a Spike deal, easily my favorite source of sports entertainment atm.

Heel

I'm roughly 100% sure Aaron's lawyer would've bought him a suit himself it it meant not having his client show up in a v-neck and shorts when he looks like this:

AtfibGi.jpg

Even George Zimmerman was rocking a prison garb at his arraignment.

I just added MMA-GAF favorite Ni No Kuni to my Gamefly queue. Thought you guys should know.

Speaking of which, I still haven't beaten the final boss. Decided to grind a bit more and just quit. Hopefully ill get around to just beating it so I can finally free up some space. Game is like 4 gigs and I have a launch 60gig. Not cool

And grew up in east Los. He's obviously put in work.

No, he went to high school in Arizona. Wrestlers don't have time for hood shit. It isn't like other sports. If you want to be as good as he is you have to spend your life training. It's a year round life style.

dream

I may!

Ps I decided to be a big hypocrite and buy that we're the last ones game, right? And I went to like 8 stores and it was sold out at all 8 of them. Wtf? It's a kideo pressed on cheap optical media. How can there be a run on such a thing?

Vio-Lence

Banned
After seeing what my friend Ninja Scooter went through? I will never buy digital from Sony.

there's the rub friend, these man babies don't want digital media. they much prefer collecting physical media on the shelf and the wonderful packaging of collector editions.

what if they want to play the game in 10 years? how will they do such a thing if they don't "OWN" the game?

tell me that friend.

dream

I can't address your questions because I am too baffled by the idea of a moderately advertised kideo being sold out everywhere. How can that be? I can only assume they under printed copies to create artificial scarcity.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I can't address your questions because I am too baffled by the idea of a moderately advertised kideo being sold out everywhere. How can that be? I can only assume they under printed copies to create artificial scarcity.

the only times i recall games being sold out and actually hard to find were like super mario bros 3 and OG mortal kombat on sega genesis.

dream

Just struck out at the 9th and 10th stores. I am dumbfounded. I don't even actually want this. I just saw an audacious claim on the gaming side that called it "the first literary game" and now I am curious.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Just struck out at the 9th and 10th stores. I am dumbfounded. I don't even actually want this. I just saw an audacious claim on the gaming side that called it "the first literary game" and now I am curious.

I admire your tenacity. I hope you find it so you can tell us how terrible the experience was.

dream

Struck out. Not sure if this makes me want the thing more or less. Why would a company trying to sell goods deliberately underproduce the amount of goods they have to sell?

FACE

Banned
there's the rub friend, these man babies don't want digital media. they much prefer collecting physical media on the shelf and the wonderful packaging of collector editions.

what if they want to play the game in 10 years? how will they do such a thing if they don't "OWN" the game?

tell me that friend.

The PSN store is godawful, friend. Light-years behind stores like GOG and Steam that us civilized PC gamers are accustomed to.

Did I imagine Planescape: Torment?

Heel

dream, I don't want to pollute this thread with too much kideo game talk, but I will say that it is the only medium in which The Last of Us would be considered an accomplishment in storytelling.

I mean, are people so set on their hobby being considered "art" that they'd herald something that's comparable to a story arc from a season of television's The Walking Dead? If so, congratulations, you've made it.

dream

Blargh, Heel. I just found a Best Buy with it in stock, but it's all the way across the city, and I don't even really want it anymore.

Heel

Maybe if you approach it just as a stealthy shooter game you'll find it rewarding from that standpoint?

I don't want to spoil the kideos, but I'll say much like Bioshock Infinite the kideo gaming is actually a disservice to the story. At points the quirks of the medium will actively take you out of the immersion and kill any tension it hoped to build.

Trying to build your companion's character depth by having her attempt to learn how to whistle...while you're actively sneaking among a horde of dangerous zombies who respond to sound. Talking within earshot of people you're hiding from. Why?

Something like the dreariness and desperation of The Road blows it out of the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom