• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Hrmmm I wont go into details but I was looking up a pic of Arya from AGOT and well I found this

eez85tlsi4.jpg

The good news is that it isn't Arya. She's a Suicide Girl called Soya Suicide. What do I do with this knowledge...

Checked out her tumblr, chick is cray.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Every single dude in the 185 division will be going to training tomorrow with an extra spring in their step. The division is totally weid open now.

well from the sounds of it all Canderson wants for the rest of his contract is non titlefight, superfights...I don't see how thats a good thing for GSP

Nick Diaz may get his wish after all.

manfestival

well its sad to see silva go down like that. I was hoping for another awesome highlight reel knockout and for his career wins to go up like 6-7 more times before losing the championship. Might as well start cheering for belfort to reclaim the title.

Side notes, Frankie Edgar is still absolutely fantastic and his fight is just another one to prove how awesome the man is, Tim Boestch was disappointing, Gracie was exactly what I expected, and Edson Barboza really blew me away

It'll be interesting to see the rematch where hopefully Silva isn't clowning around.

Also, it took long enough but The Last of Us is finally starting to click with me.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Timothy, Candy clearly stated he wants no part of the Whiteman again multiple times. The budo has drained from his weary corpse.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
That would have been worth it just to see Johny Hendrix cry. Did they ever say what the GSP announcement was? GSP was probably there because they had that Fan Festival thing.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
They pretended the GSP announcement was just the Hendricks fight. I guess Uncle Dana's words had finally gotten to him. If Canderson had won you probably would have had an in ring announcement.

Only way I see Silva coming back from this is if Dana tells him the only way he gets a fight against Jones or GSP is if he takes the rematch and makes a statement.

Otherwise just hang them up.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Dana wouldn't say that because Silva vs. GSP or Jones would still be a big draw. The question is if GSP or Jones would even take that fight now.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Dana wouldn't say that because Silva vs. GSP or Jones would still be a big draw. The question is if GSP or Jones would even take that fight now.

You make an excellent point, however Jones isn't a great draw on his own. I think JBJ would still jump at a chance to fight Anderson to make some good ppv bank. He's still young and hungry. GSP has plenty of money and he's lost his budo. Slippery Georges is content with his 700-900k ppv buys and does not need a boost from Anderson Silver.

GSP will never accept the Silva fight while he has leverage. Dana has been forcing his hand for 2 years now, imagine how relieved GSP was.

And I don't think Bones will be interested in fighting Silva unless it's for P2P or title defense. Besides, right now Weidman beat Silva so unless he goes back and beats Weidman decisively, it's a stupid fight. Not worth the risk at all. It would be like "Yeah Bones beat Silva so what, Wideman beat him too. Big deal.".

Dana is insisting on the rematch and shot down talks of super fights.

I'm 99% sure it ain't gonna happen unless Silva does a quick turn around with Weidman. I see Silva vs Roy Jones happening faster than the other two.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
GSP will never accept the Silva fight while he has leverage. Dana has been forcing his hand for 2 years now, imagine how relieved GSP was.

And I don't think Bones will be interested in fighting Silva unless it's for P2P or title defense. Besides, right now Weidman beat Silva so unless he goes back and beats Weidman decisively, it's a stupid fight. Not worth the risk at all. It would be like "Yeah Bones beat Silva so what, Wideman beat him too. Big deal.".

Sonnen lost to Silver and still helped Jones to the 2nd biggest buyrate of his career. You're right, GSP would never accept a Silver fight now but as my frenemy yaco pointed out, Jones is still trying to get paid and Jones/Silver is probably good for 700k+ even now.

Sonnen lost to Silver and still helped Jones to the 2nd biggest buyrate of his career. You're right, GSP would never accept a Silver fight now but as my frenemy yaco pointed out, Jones is still trying to get paid and Jones/Silver is probably good for 700k+ even now.

It was a title fight. Another one for the record as they say. Bones will have no interest in fighting an exhibition match with Silva that doesn't add to anything. Hell god forbid he's fighting for nothing and somehow by some miracle ends up losing against Silva.

That fight only serves Silva as things stand right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom