• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

Heel new bar rescue premieres tonight :)

This weekend just got even better.

I see Silva vs Roy Jones happening faster than the other two.

Agreed. Dana was in the post-fight scrum saying he was still entertaining the idea and talking with RJJ after the loss. There's is a decent spectacle to be had here now that Canderson's mystique is gone. RJJ in 4 oz gloves, gentlemen's or contractual agreement to keep it standing and none of that there kicking bullshit? Would watch.

Agreed. Dana was in the post-fight scrum saying he was still entertaining the idea and talking with RJJ after the loss. There's is a decent spectacle to be had here now that Canderson's mystique is gone. RJJ in 4 oz gloves, gentlemen's or contractual agreement to keep it standing and none of that there kicking bullshit? Would watch.

A man with business sense. Learn da game Chamber.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Just saw, ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

For the record I made no predictions whatsoever, but I laughed out loud when Anderson's showboating bit him in the ass.

Pretty boring card otherwise (fast forwarded thru it).

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
'He beat himself'. Smh. If that is the case Weidman sure as fuck helped.

Yeah, Anderson's done that tons of times before, but no one's caught him until now. So obviously Weidman helped.

Silva sure did put his head at a nice angle to receive that left for perfect amount of head-twisting .

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Its not surprising but it is still shocking how apathetic Silver was after the fight. My man aged in seconds like someone found his portrait in an attic and lit that bitch on fire.

That hurt so much. Ill never forgive him for that...for that ending and playing with me like that.

q99u8gfrvvmj.jpg

Its not surprising but it is still shocking how apathetic Silver was after the fight. My man aged in seconds like someone found his portrait in an attic and lit that bitch on fire.

no he didn't age in seconds, that "disrespectful piece of shit"*'s showboating shit finally caught up with him is all.

*Weidman's words, not mine

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Meh. I actually think it's been clear for awhile now that he doesn't have much interest in being champion. Wouldn't be surprised if he sticks to his guns on not wanting a rematch.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Come on, you guys should know by now that we get the fights we want but way too late because of injuries/hot piss/politics. Silver vs Bones will happen...in 2 years when no one gives a shit anymore and the UFC can't think of a way to keep 205 relevant when Bones keeps running through that division and 205ers drop down to face the Weidman. Prepare for a LHW exodus like the LW exodus when FW arrived.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Come on, you guys should know by now that we get the fights we want but way too late because of injuries/hot piss/politics. Silver vs Bones will happen...in 2 years when no one gives a shit anymore and the UFC can't think of a way to keep 205 relevant when Bones keeps running through that division and 205ers drop down to face the Weidman. Prepare for a LHW exodus like the LW exodus when FW arrived.

Sugar Hashad and Ryuto seem like likely candidates to drop down. I'm all for Machida fans getting their title hopes crushed again.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Black fedor needs to saw off a leg and put this hands on bones.
He's fighting one more time at HW before dropping down to 205. And you know he's getting a title shot win or lose once Bones beats Gus, the UFC doesn't want to give Machida another title shot at Bones.

dream

Chamber, as we approach the one year mark of the founding of McKayla Maroney Admirers, I just wanted to share this SFW video with you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L2EQYcPFWg

I think the first clip in the compilation should be required viewing for all the Ultimate pussies who pull out of fights because they jam a finger and would rather commit insurance fraud than compete.

Vio-Lence

Banned
The guy I ghostwrite for has a great piece up: http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/7/7...and-anderson-silvas-streak-rank-in-all-of-mma

edit: the bit at the end about current winning streaks is interesting. At first, I was surprised to see that "Renan Barao" is on a 31 fight tear. But then I realized I don't know who "Renan Barao" is.

Also, lol@Dominator Cruz being on a 5 year winning streak with 2 of those years spent on the shelf.
I suspect barao win streak is as fraudulent as p4p great Miguel Angel Torres streak.

Find me another video where Silva said the perfect ending to the fight was for the other guy to win and be champion, and that he is old and wouldn't want a rematch?

Then comes in and clowns more than normal. Sorry folks, yall can have your eyes shut all you want playboys, something was going on in Silva's head.

Ya'rya Hall v The Whiteman 2 ?

Only if he can get a 3 fight win-streak. Right now, the top contenders are Vitor, Okami and Cung Le.

Stann, Bisping, Sonnen, Munoz, Boetch are all on the outside looking in.

Everything is up in the air thanks to Anderson's aloofness. At least fight the guy to avenge the loss. It doesn't have to be a title fight.

Find me another video where Silva said the perfect ending to the fight was for the other guy to win and be champion, and that he is old and wouldn't want a rematch?

Then comes in and clowns more than normal. Sorry folks, yall can have your eyes shut all you want playboys, something was going on in Silva's head.

His behavior was the same in most of his fights. Check the Stephen Bonnar (sp) fight. He did the same thing. The only thing was Bonnar didn't connect, Weidman did.

The whole "rope a dope"/head bob strategy was used during his period of uninterest.

I think he was trying to use it to fluster Weidman to keep the fight standing.

Not to say his heart wasn't in it to stay champion, I think people are reaching with this conspiracy theory.

Been on a 4 day bender in the Hamptons so I couldn't take part in the meltdowns.

I had a pre game party on Saturday night and ordered the fights before I went out on my 100 inch projector. Here are a few tidbits.

- Tim Boesch sucks. Hes always sucked and the only reason why he was in the top 10 is because of his fluke win over Okami. He should also be kissing the judges asses for getting the nod over Lombard.

- Leban is just a joke now. How the hell did this guy beat Wand? Makes that loss on Wands record a shit stain that will never go away.

-Still not sold on Weidman. Looked good in the first round but failed his first 2 take downs and looked like he was going to gas soon. Fight told me pretty much nothing other than the fact that Andersons chin isn't as godly as Hendos. TRT Vitor must be in his glory now.

Pretty shitty fight due to Anderson not fighting. He went pretty much crazy, I know he always does this but this time it was just so over the top I just couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom